Dan Mullen is...

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I wish I had the certainty about the future that you do Traz. I'd be playing the lottery and leading Pick-Em. I suspect the joke's on you big picture as I'm betting Fuchs and Strickland are quite thrilled with Mullen at this point. If he recruits and coaches well enough to give us 10 wins a year he's not going anywhere.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A metaphor for what Mullen's now driving compared to before.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

This was an answer to the question of what the comparison of cars meant. Nothing else.

I made a longer post somewhere about what I want in recruits, and five stars is no where near the most important thing to me.

Sorry for the confusion.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we all agree he has to step up his recruiting game or he'll become a 9-10-win cliche.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll own my part. I was definitely not a fan of the hire, and was railing against him as recent as 3 weeks ago.

I don't think I voiced anything against him. I tend to agree with BMF on this one.
My thing w/ complaining about Grantham is, who do we get otherwise? It's the same w/ head coaching candidates; there are a handful of good one's out there....and most of them have good jobs. Unless we dip into the Group of 5 ranks and grab an up and comer, or hire a Saban assistant (like when Pruitt went to FSU then UGA) who do we get? Grantham is proven, one way or the other....and keeps landing P5 jobs w/ huge pay raises. Someone in the coaching ranks thinks he knows what he's doing.

However, I suspect that he's a guy I wouldn't like or want as a part of our program from a perspective that isn't X's and O's. I'll never forget Grantham's choke sign to our punter Chas Henry, when he was taking on place kicking duties (Though Henry said he didn't think it was a big deal). During Saturday's game, I'm pretty sure I saw him taunting the Mississippi State fans near the end of the game. That's a bad, bad look. With that kind of discretion, I would not be surprised (perhaps even expect) some scandal to hit him. I hope it doesn't, especially while he's coaching for UF, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

I think he's probably a much better coach than man.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I don't think I voiced anything against him. I tend to agree with BMF on this one.

However, I suspect that he's a guy I wouldn't like or want as a part of our program from a perspective that isn't X's and O's. I'll never forget Grantham's choke sign to our punter Chas Henry, when he was taking on place kicking duties (Though Henry said he didn't think it was a big deal). During Saturday's game, I'm pretty sure I saw him taunting the Mississippi State fans near the end of the game. That's a bad, bad look. With that kind of discretion, I would not be surprised (perhaps even expect) some scandal to hit him. I hope it doesn't, especially while he's coaching for UF, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

I think he's probably a much better coach than man.

That kind of behavior does make me nervous. It is so unnecessary, and could indicate an underlying bigger problem. Let's hope Mullen keeps him in check.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's a joke are based on him being slightly retarded and a mouth breather.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we all agree he has to step up his recruiting game or he'll become a 9-10-win cliche.
we have to get him some excellent recruiters and pay them whatever it takes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you that singlemindedly ignorant that you can't think beyond last week's points output?

My comment had zilch to do with that.
Old

3a66cf6f6bd60b434df4067a3278c3d6--clown-outfits-clowning-around.jpg

vs new:

59bug1.jpg

Improvement, no doubt, but let's hope he can add some horsepower through recruiting.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That deserves about five dislikes. Anybody up for the dirty deed?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

And for so much of the back and forth in this thread, this is what most thought Mullen was when he was hired. So far, he is improving the team and coaching them on that exact trajectory because he is a good coach. But, the recruiting must seriously take off to be a great coach. Until that changes, and maybe an LSU win causes a flood of recruits, everyone on both sides seems to agree it is too early to state any of our assessments were off.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I'm pretty sure I saw [Grantham] taunting the Mississippi State fans near the end of the game. That's a bad, bad look.

That definitely happened and was expected Grantham being petty. He already left them for a better job, it was a “bad, bad look.” It just reflects on us now. But, the look of Stiner blowing up Fitzgerald made me forget about it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And for so much of the back and forth in this thread, this is what most thought Mullen was when he was hired. So far, he is improving the team and coaching them on that exact trajectory because he is a good coach. But, the recruiting must seriously take off to be a great coach. Until that changes, and maybe an LSU win causes a flood of recruits, everyone on both sides seems to agree it is too early to state any of our assessments were off.
Two-step process. Generate some early momentum on the field and capitalize by hiring some people who can really recruit Florida.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That kind of behavior does make me nervous. It is so unnecessary, and could indicate an underlying bigger problem. Let's hope Mullen keeps him in check.

Big Head Todd is a POS. Plenty of better DC's will be available at some point soon, hopefully Mullen sends him packing. Obvious he is a POS since he never stays in one spot that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator