Dan Mullen is...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
These "objective people" you refer to weren't being overly objective by labeling Mullen a joke hire. Pruett would have been a joke hire. Taggart would have been a joke hire. But not Mullen considering his experience, knowledge of Florida and that you were giving him the keys to a highly upgraded car.

Let's see how well he can drive it after giving it some well-earned ignition.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We know this about Dan. He followed a coach, many consider one of the top 3 in all of college football, around for many years as OC and QB coach. He obviously has learned attention to detail, motivation, special teams importance, QB coaching among other things. Starkville is a coaching graveyard. We all know it. He brought them success and lots of excitement. Got his feet dampened with HBC experience. But saw the writing on the wall with where he was. HE knows at Fla the ceiling is unlimited. From what I have seen as we went through Sept. is great improvement all over the field. A new mindset with the players in how they react, hustle and perform. This is not the team I have watched the last decade. They are all pulling in the same direction and are confident in this guy. He seems to know WTF he is doing out there. I listen to him answer questions and he is honest as hell. I hope he stays awhile and takes us back to competing for titles.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
"Needa bigger sample"

Exactly. In both ways. So there's literally no reason to spend the entire off season and first 3 games coming up with every reason to start looking for the next head coach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We know this about Dan. He followed a coach, many consider one of the top 3 in all of college football, around for many years as OC and QB coach. He obviously has learned attention to detail, motivation, special teams importance, QB coaching among other things. Starkville is a coaching graveyard. We all know it. He brought them success and lots of excitement. Got his feet dampened with HBC experience. But saw the writing on the wall with where he was. HE knows at Fla the ceiling is unlimited. From what I have seen as we went through Sept. is great improvement all over the field. A new mindset with the players in how they react, hustle and perform. This is not the team I have watched the last decade. They are all pulling in the same direction and are confident in this guy. He seems to know WTF he is doing out there. I listen to him answer questions and he is honest as hell. I hope he stays awhile and takes us back to competing for titles.
Exactly. Coaching is a continuum, not some endeavor in a vacuum. One would hope Mullen has learned from past mistakes and that he'll take advantage of the opportunity afforded here.

No givens. He's facing a tall order. I'm marking this a week at a time.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
IF you know how it'll translate. We don't and we won't for some time.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to give Fittipaldi a pair of runs over the same track, the first in a Chevy Volt, the second in a GT3RS.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a hint. porsche-911-gt3-rs-24.jpeg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Prolly the GT-R in a straight line, but no way on a road course.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Predictors are sticking their necks out. They get protection and build bravery from many data areas.But they don't exactly own up to where that "neck-stretch" bravery comes from. Now, did the Mullen doom-surety come merely from his MSU HC stint or a lot from the safety-net of knowing McElame left a wrongly trained passel of clueless CFB players?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

It means the players matter much more than many other things. Give us say Bama's players or the Patriots we do much better.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

We were short some people against KY, and some development understanding our players strengths. If we had to play again I bet we win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.