Dan Mullen is...

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Agreed. I was yelling at the TV, which is something I don't think I've done since 2014 or so. On that finally play, I was off the couch and pacing around, and pumped my fist and danced after the sack. Feels great to be a fan again!

We replayed that sack about 25 times. We had a huge crew at the party and we cheered as loud on the 25th replay as if it was live. That party got crazy after the game we were so jacked!!

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I posted after the KY game that we hired yet another loser.

I will eat my crow.

This is a well coached team and is only getting better
Its a good sign that Mullen is changing some peoples mind, lets keep it going this week against the corndogs!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But I've read in this very thread that he has changed no ones mind. :dunno:
Says who? I like him a lot better than I did a few months ago.

Hell, I don't even much care what the record is this year, so long as we show improvement and hopefully land a great class (that seems impossible at this point).

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Hell, I don't even much care what the record is this year, so long as we show improvement and hopefully land a great class (that seems impossible at this point).
itraz and some dude I never heard of.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

You know, you could have waited til some football had been played before firing him in the offseason. Nobody is going to forget you saying we were going 0-8 in conference play :grin:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody is going to forget you saying we were going 0-8 in conference play :grin:
:rabbi::rabbi::rabbi:

It was Drooley.

And he better get some recruiters if he hopes to remain unemployed.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
itraz and some dude I never heard of.

Wow, the reading comprehension is strong in you. My statement and Law’s are nearly identical, (1) feeling better about things; (2) want to keep seeing improvement over the season, as even more important than the record; and (3) recruiting is most important. One post you can’t believe how a season can be enjoyed with such a view and think it’s a hatred of Mullen and the other you like.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Wow, the reading comprehension is strong in you. My statement and Law’s are nearly identical, (1) feeling better about things; (2) want to keep seeing improvement over the season, as even more important than the record; and (3) recruiting is most important. One post you can’t believe how a season can be enjoyed with such a view and think it’s a hatred of Mullen and the other you like.
Wateva

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Gonna toot my own horn here. I've been excited about mullen from day one, and still was after UK. Glad to see people getting on board at last.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Really? Now LSU is not a "good" team? Like their offense or not, they rank 6th now, undefeated so far.

Stop moving the goal post. Mullen is doing what he needs to do so far.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Really? Now LSU is not a "good" team? Like their offense or not, they rank 6th now, undefeated so far.

If you’re going to faux-quote it, get it right: “LSU is not great.”

I stand by that and the post was complimenting the visible and demonstrative improvement of the Gators over the result against MSU, which result easily could have been different. It was also noting Mullen may continue to improve the team regardless of the outcome this weekend. As a long term problem of fixing this program, we can enjoy the progress and not overreact to the result.

As to LSU, I’ll stand by that assessment through the end of the year. If you think this LSU team, coached by this ogre, is in the same class as Alabama, Clemson (with an uninjured starting QB), Oklahoma and OSU, I think you just haven’t been watching anything but Gator games.

By efficiency metrics we are fairly even with LSU. They aren’t elite. I hope we win and think we can, in substantial part, because of Mullen. So stop overacting to any hesitation at crowning Mullen the new king.

Otherwise, for the most real and honest board in Gatordom, we have some quick to bytch and act like S-gas posters (in this instance, including the headman himself) if a post is still in let’s see how this plays out mode. I hope the trajectory continues, even if I also rationally recognize that if the MSU receiver holds on to the ball, putting us down 10, we may all feel differently heading into LSU.

For the shots at @Itraz and his reservations regarding Mullen (who he’s been around unlike most), if you were told preseason that the Florida Gators lose to UK and barely beat MSU, while struggling in recruiting, would you think lingering coach skepticism is irrational? And, yes, I get the differences in circumstances from prior years . . . but still. Pause and think about that situation and your initial reaction.

Who’s really moving the goalpost of the “Gator Standard”?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
and hopefully land a great class (that seems impossible at this point).
I thought that for a while but have had a change of heart. The back to back wins could fade if things go the wrong way and we suffer a string of losses. But at this moment with our current course and speed we look like a decent program that is improving. More importantly, re recruiting, kids want to be coached to be successes and our staff is showing that capability. If nothing else, programs like fsu could continue to look weak and we could see some good players decide to open up to our staff. Example, our defense looks compelling, exciting, and fun. fspoo has 5 DE commits and I think four are from Florida and are 4 stars. I have to believe one or two will look at us(if staff likes them) after we beat fsu in tallacrappee. Tennessee is mucking it up but they have a 4 star OL/OT commit from Tampa region(I believe). A lot will change if we continue to improve and a couple more signature wins this season and CDM starts to look like an "it" coach.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I liked the fact that Mullen was a Gator. That UF was his "dream job". Very pleased. Going forward, Mullen has to provide consistency = solid showings, continued solid wins. He's got our players improving "full speed ahead". His finest achievements will be developing. :cool:

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
If you’re going to faux-quote it, get it right: “LSU is not great.”

As to LSU, I’ll stand by that assessment through the end of the year. If you think this LSU team, coached by this ogre, is in the same class as Alabama, Clemson (with an uninjured starting QB), Oklahoma and OSU, I think you just haven’t been watching anything but Gator games.

Ohhhh I get it, so are you saying LSU IS a Good team? SMH. Are we seriously playing semantics here? I consider Play off teams to be elite teams. Top 10 teams to be great teams that didn't make it to the elite status for some minor mistakes. Top 20 teams in my book are "good" teams that will give any other team a tough game but will definitely lose to an Elite team and probably would lose to a great team.

And yes I do not think that LSU is in the same league as Bama or OSU (Clemson is debatable at this stage). Then again I think winning against any team like that would be close to a miracle at this stage in our development.

By efficiency metrics we are fairly even with LSU. They aren’t elite. I hope we win and think we can, in substantial part, because of Mullen. So stop overacting to any hesitation at crowning Mullen the new king.

Otherwise, for the most real and honest board in Gatordom, we have some quick to bytch and act like S-gas posters (in this instance, including the headman himself) if a post is still in let’s see how this plays out mode. I hope the trajectory continues, even if I also rationally recognize that if the MSU receiver holds on to the ball, putting us down 10, we may all feel differently heading into LSU.

How about you stop it with the hyperbole too? Yes the majority are complimenting a clear development in the team, but most of us are not crowning Mullin for anything. I for one have been very critical of his recruiting efforts so far, but I reserve my judgment to NSD. Most of us here were very critical of his performance against UK.

Most of us (apart from Byrd but you can ignore him) have not crowned Mullen for anything. Stating that we are seeing improvement and development in the team is a fact at this point based on the data that we have,

For the shots at @Itraz and his reservations regarding Mullen (who he’s been around unlike most), if you were told preseason that the Florida Gators lose to UK and barely beat MSU, while struggling in recruiting, would you think lingering coach skepticism is irrational? And, yes, I get the differences in circumstances from prior years . . . but still. Pause and think about that situation and your initial reaction.

I am pretty sure @Itraz did not meet Mullen, or if he did, it was not a negative meeting. He talked about negative things coming from the players he knew in the 2005-2008 teams is my understanding.

Yes I think it would be irrational. I thought preseason we would be 3-2 or 4-1 at this point. I just didn't expect we would lose to UK and beat MSU. Majority of us circled the game in Starkville as an L, at least I did. Coaching skepticism is not irrational, if you have a rational point to make. What is irrational is not to admit that progress has been made on some fronts and pretend like we are still the dumpster fire from 2017.

Who’s really moving the goalpost of the “Gator Standard”?

What is this so called "standard"? If the "Gator Standard" is a new Head Coach has to win 10-2 in his first year, then man I guess Meyer and SOS never met that standard, because that is what you are asking of him it seems.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Beating them, even at home will be a huge deal. No matter what you think about Ogre as a couch, he is a helluva a recruiter. We need these victories and a little luck here and there in recruiting.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Our coach and as I said at the time the best option that would actually come to UF. Now there is some evidence that he is better than the two others who were talked about a lot. Now they both have different teams, that might be a lot of the difference, but perhaps not.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

While I agree recruiting is very important, how you measure it is also very important. Stars are not the critical element, but rather the fit. Do you want to be a Gator? Do you have the capability to play in the SEC? Do you have the attitude that we require, but others might not? Do you respect academics? Stars only could a little according to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator