Dan Mullen needs to prove me wrong

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is a societal issue, and guys like Danny are the prototypical enablers. Accountability today is bullying - it's supremacist - it's "unacceptable behavior", and making excuses is the new standard. Throw in the "transfer portal" and NIL money, and the coddling of pre-madonnas is the norm. Since Dan can't seem to recruit, and he spends all his time surfing the portal to find short-term fixes, it just feeds the problem because he can't hold people accountable for fear of losing them to the same whore portal he surfs while on vacation.

Incredibly good post. The worst part is he doesn’t believe, or apply any of those ideas, in his own life. Everything from the marches last year, to some of the apologizing rather than disciplining, it’s all a complete farce and he knows it. You don’t see Saban or even Kirby doing this garbage. Nor did you see Spurrier, Bowden, etc. doing it in the 90s. Doesn’t mean you can’t bend principles at times to suit your cause. But you do it while still trying to guide these kids to something better. This coddling and lack of accountability garbage isn’t doing these kids any favors, nor will it get him anywhere.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
I think you would have to add UGly to that list. I know they have Shart, but we still have Cousin Eddie. It is one thing for a team being able to stop the pass when they know you can't run and do not even have to play the run, UF circa 2020. It is quite another task to ask a team who can't throw at all to ask them to run for 300+ yards per game with a shyt Oline against the likes of a BAMA or UGly front 7, UF circa 2021. 10 wins seems a stretch for me as I see every week being a challenge for this team.

Something in me just tells me we have an edge on Uglay. Idk what it is about them but I feel like we have some mental edge on them. We still have to see how this team performs on a bigger stage. Our biggest problem is Grantham's play calling. I don't dislike the scheme. He has been a terrible playcaller since he's been here.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Something in me just tells me we have an edge on Uglay. Idk what it is about them but I feel like we have some mental edge on them. We still have to see how this team performs on a bigger stage. Our biggest problem is Grantham's play calling. I don't dislike the scheme. He has been a terrible playcaller since he's been here.
a mental edge? They've won like 6 of the last 9 or something.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Well, It’s the first game of the season.
Dan is our coach this year, like it or not.

I wish he could prove all of us wrong.
I would gladly eat crow if we were to beat Bama TWICE, and end up in the playoffs.

Snowballs chance in hell.

We will be lucky to get by Kentucky and South Carolina to finish behind Ga in the East.

The issue for me is, It feels like we are stuck.

There isn’t an uproar to replace him or even to change up his staff.

I’ll be hoping for a big season until, it isn’t.
I have 3 main issues with Mullen.

1 and it's it's biggest is his pathetic recruiting. All we heard from people was beat FSU and UGA and things will start turning for us recruiting wise, well we did both last year and we had our worse finish in recruiting under Mullen.

2. His seniority comes 1st instead of playing the best option is the main reason I believe he recruits so poorly. Why go to UF and play 3 snaps a game even I'm better than the starter when I can go to Bama, UGA, OSU, Clemson and get a fair opportunity.

3. His stubbornness to not get rid of deadweight and replace with better coaches and recruiters. Grantham is a great example. Bama somehow has like 6 previous HC on their staff and we can't get better coaches.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Incredibly good post. The worst part is he doesn’t believe, or apply any of those ideas, in his own life. Everything from the marches last year, to some of the apologizing rather than disciplining, it’s all a complete farce and he knows it. You don’t see Saban or even Kirby doing this garbage. Nor did you see Spurrier, Bowden, etc. doing it in the 90s. Doesn’t mean you can’t bend principles at times to suit your cause. But you do it while still trying to guide these kids to something better. This coddling and lack of accountability garbage isn’t doing these kids any favors, nor will it get him anywhere.

Well so far it’s gotten him a raise, an extension & membership into the “set for life, multimillionaires’ club”. Must be nice.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well so far it’s gotten him a raise, an extension & membership into the “set for life, multimillionaires’ club”. Must be nice.

Unfortunately that’s just the profession. So many undeserving millionaires. Look at who he was across from last night.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Trask was not even recruited by Mullen. This season we will see a Gator-bell team fully recruited by Mullen. We will soon see full cowbells in action. The Mississippi standard (and not even the good one).

I can't believe that Mullen is going to make us suffer through another Grantham defense for a whole season.

Yeap.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We aren’t losing to corndog U. They suck worse than we do.
giphy.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I said 8-4 or 7-5. Even I underestimated just how much mullen sucks... and i hated him from the outset.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I can live with this.:lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey has made you all a victim of Stockholm Syndrome.

We will compete for the SEC championship this year. We will be better this year than last year.
Yes, this is special. I had forgotten what a Mullensucker you were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.