Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
RocketCityGator;n81546 said:
Cue the cat fight icon now!
Best cat fight ever from the best movie. (Chappell best character forever and ever.)[video=youtube;SDKjngHY0qs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDKjngHY0qs[/video]

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n81362 said:
About the fans, no. Not if they want to keep an ounce of respect for themselves. Without fans, they don't have jobs.

Every once in awhile it makes sense to call the fans out. Saban's comments on the fans who leave early and Spurrier's comments about booing our punter come to mind. Got an earful from Norm Sloan one time as a student. He grabbed the microphone off the scorer's table and yelled at the students for showering cups and ice down on the court during the Kentucky game. We were somewhat displeased with a call by the refs but as I recall it, we were behaving pretty badly at the time.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen knows this is his best chance to get out of Cowbell so I would expect alot more "deflecting" of the issue. It's just in this case he used the fans and these websites that are stirring the situation.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a Dan Mullen fan. I'm sure many of us remember the board game spin wheel offense and how we grew tired of it. Some only want him because he's winning and that he coached here. I say good luck somewhere else. Other options are better.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n81727 said:
Every once in awhile it makes sense to call the fans out. Saban's comments on the fans who leave early and Spurrier's comments about booing our punter come to mind. Got an earful from Norm Sloan one time as a student. He grabbed the microphone off the scorer's table and yelled at the students for showering cups and ice down on the court during the Kentucky game. We were somewhat displeased with a call by the refs but as I recall it, we were behaving pretty badly at the time.

I was at that Kentucky game with my dad. Memories.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's part of the job, and part of the paycheck. Can he complain? yes. Does he look like a whiny bitch when he complains? also yes. You are paid because of what you have to deal with at that position, just like any other position in any other company. You are paid for what you have to deal with and your output.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n81740 said:
I'm not a Dan Mullen fan. I'm sure many of us remember the board game spin wheel offense and how we grew tired of it. Some only want him because he's winning and that he coached here. I say good luck somewhere else. Other options are better.

Well, I'll say this, I'm in favor of any offense that moves the friggin' ball. I'm in favor of any offense that can put points on the board. I'm in favor of any offense that can execute more than two (maaaayyybeee 3) sustained drives per game. I'm in favor of any offense that I don't have to celebrate first downs like they're touchdowns.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol.

http://www.hiredanmullen.com/
[h=1]Coach Mullen has spoken.[/h]
This site was started to promote positive discussion about the future of Florida Football.

It was never meant to be insulting or distracting.

Go Gators!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n81740 said:

He let Tebow and Harvin carry the ball a lot, pretty terrible plan. Only got Tebow the Heisman and had one of the best offenses in 2007, then in 2008 it was basically the "name our score" offense.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n81831 said:
He let Tebow and Harvin carry the ball a lot, pretty terrible plan. Only got Tebow the Heisman and had one of the best offenses in 2007, then in 2008 it was basically the "name our score" offense.

Yeah....those were terrible times. Sure glad we changed that dreadful "O" .

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n81831 said:

And how many Tebow's and Harvin's are on this team? None. Those were special people. Meyer wouldn't have had an attack of chest pains if that magic could have been somehow duplicated with the players recruited thereafter. Mullen has won 6 games this year and all of a sudden he's the best coach out there? He had terrible years before that and this year isn't complete with probably the toughest stretch of his schedule ahead. I'll applaud him for what he's done at Miss St., but I was ready to move on from that offense when he left and really don't want to see it return.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n81807 said:
Well, I'll say this, I'm in favor of any offense that moves the friggin' ball. I'm in favor of any offense that can put points on the board. I'm in favor of any offense that can execute more than two (maaaayyybeee 3) sustained drives per game. I'm in favor of any offense that I don't have to celebrate first downs like they're touchdowns.

Here's an article from Oct 2007 where USA Today is wondering if we can produce a diverse offense - a question we were asking a few years ago and we still haven't been able to produce. In 2007, we were all wondering the same thing and questioning why we don't throw the ball. We were ranked 62nd in passing offense at the end of the 2008 season and we were ranked 102 in total offense.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...50971271_x.htm

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n81977 said:
Who cares? We won and it was exciting to watch. If Jeff was running like that nobody would be talking about Dan. I know this isn't PC and we are supposed to forget that he existed, but remember the Tebow-Hernandez connection. They were killing it on the field.

Exciting to watch? No it wasn't! There were people that were complaining on the GSMB back then! Lets see how good his results are at the end of the season. In a few weeks you may see their season go the way of previous seasons.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n82031 said:
Exciting to watch? No it wasn't!

Yes it was. I enjoyed watching teams know who was getting the ball and not be able to stop it.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n82042 said:
Yes it was. I enjoyed watching teams know who was getting the ball and not be able to stop it.

Ok, I'll agree if we are comparing it to WM's teams and the train wreck we have now... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator