Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Missouri (Eli Drinkwitz)

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Ole Miss (Lane Kiffin)

Votes: 84 65.6%

• Total voters

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I don’t understand the Urbs angst amongst UF fans. Dude was awesome. And while he may have left a “broken” locker room, I have no doubts he could have fixed it too. It’s not his fault that imbecile Foley thought that a coordinator could learn how to be HC on the fly while fixing those problems. Or brought in a bumbling moron to implement a quasi-Bama approach at a place its never worked and would never work because that same moronic AD refused to reinvest the money football earned into the football program. I guarantee your view on Urbs would be different if we had not hired two idiots and instead picked a winner to follow, like OSU and Okie did.

The only way for this comparison to work with your ex-wife would be as follows:

Ex-wife was a supermodel at the top of her game who had an addiction that ended your relationship. She’s been to rehab and made some big changes but still isn’t perfect. Those changes have made her all around better, though. (For the Urbs coming back thing to work...) She feels awful about how everything ended and wants to make up. Hard to say no to that.
Clearly not the case in either event, so you merit at least a conditional touch'e - on that point at least.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, he would have a top five class the first year, although it might contain two or three felons.
Weve had a heck of a lot more felons the last few cycles than under Meyer. We had 20% of the entire team running a stolen credit card scam only 3 cycles ago. This year we booted our prize QB for sexual assault. Tell me more about how clean a program we've been since the evil meyer left. :rolleyes:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Weve had a heck of a lot more felons the last few cycles than under Meyer. We had 20% of the entire team running a stolen credit card scam only 3 cycles ago. This year we booted our prize QB for sexual assault. Tell me more about how clean a program we've been since the evil meyer left. :rolleyes:
Read your post and tell me how, if at all, it relates to what I posted.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Read your post and tell me how, if at all, it relates to what I posted.
Your post was an attempt to discredit meyer by implying he runs or ran a dirty program or recruits thugs, etc. It relates because there has been zero positive change to the "felon level" of our team since his departure, and a decent argument can be made that it's been worse since, despite the lack of talent which is exactly what I posted. You should have just saved the key strokes and said "If we hire him, we'll have a top 5 class next year." Everything after that is the same as it has been so why bother saying it?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Ya but Meyer felonies were cooler. Credit card ring? Embarrassing.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Im happy with Mullen for now but want recruiting to get far better or we wont be happy for long. Ive been an Urbs dumper in the past as i blame the lost decade on him primarily, Foley in close second....but if Mullen were to bail I’d be all about bringing Urbs back in. He would immediately bring us back to dominance.

With that said, aint none of that nonsense happening

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Im happy with Mullen for now but want recruiting to get far better or we wont be happy for long. Ive been an Urbs dumper in the past as i blame the lost decade on him primarily, Foley in close second....but if Mullen were to bail I’d be all about bringing Urbs back in. He would immediately bring us back to dominance.

With that said, aint none of that nonsense happening
Im a firm believer that what happens on a man's watch is on him, and what happens after he's gone isn't. Sans his final season, what happened with meyer was phenomenal. We could have continued to roll with maybe 1 down transition year if Foley had made a good hire by opening up the checkbook and demanding top quality. Heck, we won 10+ games the year after the transition with a disaster of a coach and zero offense. This decade is on Foley and his bad hires, raises and extensions. Meyer had nothing to do with it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I dont see Mullen as an NFL coach at all. He's a college coach and seems to really love being one. I'd be shocked if he ever took any NFL job, for any reason.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You talking about the 95 team that got demolished by Nebraska? I know 78 put the words in your mouth (greatest of all time), but ... you didn't refute it.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I dont see Mullen as an NFL coach at all. He's a college coach and seems to really love being one. I'd be shocked if he ever took any NFL job, for any reason.
I thought the same thing about Urban, until he said he wanted the Dallas job.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Felony smack talk. We certainly have gotten progressive.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Im a firm believer that what happens on a man's watch is on him, and what happens after he's gone isn't. Sans his final season, what happened with meyer was phenomenal. We could have continued to roll with maybe 1 down transition year if Foley had made a good hire by opening up the checkbook and demanding top quality. Heck, we won 10+ games the year after the transition with a disaster of a coach and zero offense. This decade is on Foley and his bad hires, raises and extensions. Meyer had nothing to do with it.
Nothing?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Your post was an attempt to discredit meyer by implying he runs or ran a dirty program or recruits thugs, etc. It relates because there has been zero positive change to the "felon level" of our team since his departure, and a decent argument can be made that it's been worse since, despite the lack of talent which is exactly what I posted. You should have just saved the key strokes and said "If we hire him, we'll have a top 5 class next year." Everything after that is the same as it has been so why bother saying it?
Did you disagree with what was said? The rest of your BS is just in your head. Nice to know that there's something there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator