• Missouri (Eli Drinkwitz)

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Ole Miss (Lane Kiffin)

Votes: 84 65.6%

• Total voters

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Bruce Feldman how covers College Football says a rumor on the Rich Eisen show and now the Dallas Cowboys are interested... or did Mullen's agent throw some schit out there and it made a little since because Mullen coached Dak in College football so well that teams thought he was a running quarterback not worth a pre-fourth round pick (which people thought was a reach by the Cowboys at the time).

Just sounds like a load of schit.
I think it was Feinbaum throwing crap against the wall to see if anything stuck. Probably just an idea that occurred to him. I’m sure Mullen’s agent isn’t hating it though.

AFCatholicGator

Sep 7, 2018
Honestly if Mullen left I wouldn’t care because I’d be confident in us getting Meyer to come back. And it would happen quickly

My exact thoughts. I think Urban would LOVE to come back and leave UF the "right" way. Plus with facilities coming in a couple years it's going to be an easier place to recruit to, he would have us top 5 classes RIGHT away

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
My exact thoughts. I think Urban would LOVE to come back and leave UF the "right" way. Plus with facilities coming in a couple years it's going to be an easier place to recruit to, he would have us top 5 classes RIGHT away
Firstly, I don't believe there's any way in hades that he would be offered, or ever accept the job at UF. Secondly, although I still have some feelings for my ex, I wouldn't marry the biatch again on a friggin' bet. Been there, done that and one monster psychic hangover is enough. Aside from the rogues gallery of a locker room he assembled, the way he left the program (broken was the term he used at the time) is a total deal breaker for me. DM has his shortcomings to be sure, but I have a reasonable degree of confidence in his commitment to UF and his good intentions in securing the long-term health of the program. Unfortunately, I can't say either of those things about Urban. I'll pass on take two.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Firstly, I don't believe there's any way in hades that he would be offered, or ever accept the job at UF. Secondly, although I still have some feelings for my ex, I wouldn't marry the biatch again on a friggin' bet. Been there, done that and one monster psychic hangover is enough. Aside from the rogues gallery of a locker room he assembled, the way he left the program (broken was the term he used at the time) is a total deal breaker for me. DM has his shortcomings to be sure, but I have a reasonable degree of confidence in his commitment to UF and his good intentions in securing the long-term health of the program. Unfortunately, I can't say either of those things about Urban. I'll pass on take two.
I don’t understand the Urbs angst amongst UF fans. Dude was awesome. And while he may have left a “broken” locker room, I have no doubts he could have fixed it too. It’s not his fault that imbecile Foley thought that a coordinator could learn how to be HC on the fly while fixing those problems. Or brought in a bumbling moron to implement a quasi-Bama approach at a place its never worked and would never work because that same moronic AD refused to reinvest the money football earned into the football program. I guarantee your view on Urbs would be different if we had not hired two idiots and instead picked a winner to follow, like OSU and Okie did.

The only way for this comparison to work with your ex-wife would be as follows:

Ex-wife was a supermodel at the top of her game who had an addiction that ended your relationship. She’s been to rehab and made some big changes but still isn’t perfect. Those changes have made her all around better, though. (For the Urbs coming back thing to work...) She feels awful about how everything ended and wants to make up. Hard to say no to that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When out of the last four seasons you’ve had two natties and nearly season-long run at #1, everything that follows is likely to feel “broken.”

Meyer is a walking case of drama and hyperbole. There were issues when he left, but it’s not like he left the cupboard bare or that the NCAA was ready to impose the death penalty. That 2010 team had decent talent and a burnt out coach.

I think we get a little too caught up in the semantics. I also think he isn’t coming back. But if he were, we’d all be lining up for Meyer autographed Gatorchatter T-shirts.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
When out of the last four seasons you’ve had two natties and nearly season-long run at #1, everything that follows is likely to feel “broken.”

Meyer is a walking case of drama and hyperbole. There were issues when he left, but it’s not like he left the cupboard bare or that the NCAA was ready to impose the death penalty. That 2010 team had decent talent and a burnt out coach.

I think we get a little too caught up in the semantics. I also think he isn’t coming back. But if he were, we’d all be lining up for Meyer autographed Gatorchatter T-shirts.
I’d take Urban relevance with all its warts over Foley-imposed irrelevance every day and twice on Sunday.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Might be the worst post in the history of Gatorchatter. The fact that it got 2 likes? Wow.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law still thinks the ‘98 team with its mythical four All-Americans at receiver, including future Hall of Famer Nafis Karim, is the greatest college team of all time.

Fab Four, baby. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law still thinks the ‘98 team with its mythical four All-Americans at receiver, including future Hall of Famer Nafis Karim, is the greatest college team of all time.

Fab Four, baby. :lol:
96 bro. 96. And 95 too.

Weird that none of our current group are all Americans or even all SEC.

They clearly are biased against your excellent evaluations.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was Nafis on it? I don’t think so. All-American fail.
Yes. moron. And 95.

Clearly your Alzheimers is fully developed.

Anthony, Reidel, Quez, McGriff and Karim signed in the class of 94.

And it was Fab Five.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
96 bro. 96. And 95 too.

Weird that none of our current group are all Americans or even all SEC.

They clearly are biased against your excellent evaluations.

I see you edited your post.

If Jefferson, Pitts, Grimes, Swain, Toney & Co. had Spurrier scrawling the plays in dirt, they’d each be on the All-America team.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Note how sensitive Law is about his boy, Nafis. Fab Four as he was.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I see you edited your post.

If Jefferson, Pitts, Grimes, Swain, Toney & Co. had Spurrier scrawling the plays in dirt, they’d each be on the All-America team.
If.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.