DBU? Who's your guy?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
DBU just the word makes me cringe. All it makes me think about is a shytty coach who signed six DBs every year even when he hadn't signed more than 2 OL for the last three years.

It also makes me think about overhyped mofos, particularly safety, who weren't worth a damn.

Amari-Cooper-TD.jpeg

sims-amari-cooper-bama.png

DBU? STFU and show us some trophies.

Douchebag Former Coach University is what it means to me.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
DBU just the word makes me cringe. All it makes me think about is a shytty coach who signed six DBs every year even when he hadn't signed more than 2 OL for the last three years.

It also makes me think about overhyped mofos, particularly safety, who weren't worth a damn.

Amari-Cooper-TD.jpeg

sims-amari-cooper-bama.png

DBU? STFU and show us some trophies.

Douchebag Former Coach University is what it means to me.

Why must you come in and ruin every thread? You are one miserable SOB.

You're still my boy doe

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bury this Muskcrap shyt. Never utter the words DBU or anything related to that POS.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DBU just the word makes me cringe.

Ya know, this is a fun thread and I enjoyed racking my brain coming up with a few favorites while taking a trip down memory lane, but I kinda agree with Law on this one. DBU sounds kinda "pussyish" to me. Makes me glad we're not known as PKU (place kicker U).

That said.....

You are one miserable SOB.

....Jay does have a point..... :lol2:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

A bit off-topic I suppose, but I wish we'd go back to black shoes. That's just a damn good look.[/QUOTE]

I have always been a fan of black shoes but with white socks only. Black shoes with blacks socks, or any other color other than white, makes the players look like they are dancing around in a pair of tights and gives the program a "thug" look.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1) Lawrence Wright
2) Louis Oliver
3) Jarvis Williams
4) Joe Haden
5) I wanna name Jenkins, but ugh

Anyway, that's mixing a lot of different talents.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jay does have a point..... :lol2:
Fvkk him and the Renegade he rode in.

Of course I like our dbs. Id probably say I liked Ahmad the best bc he did so much with limited talent or Lawrence Wright bc he was the heart of the team and the epitome of Gator swagger.

I just HATE the term DBU bc it reminds me of the guy who didnt recruit offense or any other defensive position except DB and "buck".

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Where's the Matt Elam love?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
All of them...but I agree with Law.....just STFU and let you're play do the talking. Despite not being as showy as some of the others has anyone ever made as many key plays especially on 3rd downs as Black?
On another thought when are we ever going to be considered OLU???

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I believe Bruce Bennett in 1965 was the first Gator DB to be an All American. He held the school record for interceptions for many years and may still do so.
You got it. He played on the SOS teams. Tannen went on to a pro career and actually went into acting, I saw him in a Hippidrome play in the 70s I think.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in no way trying to hijack this thread. But as awesome as that play was, when watching this replay, I can't help but notice the pure, absolute swag exhibited by Grossman at the 14:45 mark(the end). As Greene is whining and pouting about his failures, undoubtedly lamenting his all but certain future in cheesy interview segments on the SEC Network, Rex and his "dude, I spent all week partying, have Zook coaching me, and still beat these muts" face is just priceless.

Still a top 10 all time game for me, just because of the circumstances.. And yeah, that Scott pick-6 was probably the play of the game.

It's amazing how many missed scoring chances there were in this game. Both teams missing field goals ( some of which easy chip shots), turnovers in the red zone. Definitely a sloppy first half, but Rex and the guys performed well after halftime.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No DB ever had a a bigger game at a bigger moment in program history than Will White. He is not the best or my favorite, but without that game being a win, the UF program has a harder climb to the very top.

Walter Mayberry is the UF DB (and RB) who is the lost UF hero to me. He played in the 1930s and I discovered his name through out UF records in the 1990s both for picks and rushing. According to his wikipedia profile one year he intercepted 6 of the 57 pass attempts against UF!!!!! He was a marine pilot who died as Japanese POW during WWII.

Old timers still debate whether the best athlete the Daytona Beach area ever produced was Tiger Mayberry or Vince Carter. There is a patch of streets near Daytona State College named for men from the area who died in WWII, including Mayberry Ave.

I've posted this before, but it is worth posting again and again...from the legendary Norm Carlson about Tiger Mayberry:

http://floridagators.com/news/2004/10/5/7485.aspx

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator