giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
New OL coach, CHEEEEEAP!!!!!

Michel Sollene joined the Gators in 2020 as an offensive graduate assistant with the primary responsibilities of breaking down film, coaching the defensive scout team, and assisting with offensive line development. Sollene played offensive line at LIU Post from 2012-15, was a member of the All-NE-10 First Team, and played in the Dream Bowl All-Star game his senior year.

SolleneMike_Football_Headshot_200803_0205.jpg

Experience:

2019: Tight Ends Coach - Austin Peay State University
2016-2018: Offensive Line Coach / Run Game Coordinator - Nassau Community College

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
They should offer Venables a deal where he is paid as the best DC in college football, but his buyout is on the level of an SEC head coach. That way if Mullen is fired Venables would be the guaranteed next coach at UF. And he'd get full reign of defensive personnel decisions as the incoming DC. So he'd get a head start kind of like Jimbo got a head start at FSU as OC. If Venables and Mullen turn the ship around, then Venables loses nothing. He's still one of the best DC's in college football. If they don't turn it around, then Venables gets his shot as the next coach at UF.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They should offer Venables a deal where he is paid as the best DC in college football, but his buyout is on the level of an SEC head coach. That way if Mullen is fired Venables would be the guaranteed next coach at UF. And he'd get full reign of defensive personnel decisions as the incoming DC. So he'd get a head start kind of like Jimbo got a head start at FSU as OC. If Venables and Mullen turn the ship around, then Venables loses nothing. He's still one of the best DC's in college football. If they don't turn it around, then Venables gets his shot as the next coach at UF.
Last thing we need is another fuchsing DC/HC and OC carousel shytshow.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Unless some major development happens in the next couple of weeks it appears we're stuck with the hunchback for another year....so minus well start listing names we think will be in the running for these open positions....Have a hard time believing we are going to attract any quality candidates but interested in what you guys think....

DC: Sidehat if he gets fired....if not then Dan will likely find some terrible directional school DC...Hell maybe Chizik

OL: Everyone wants Trautwein, I personally don't but I could see Dan hiring a guy like Ed Warinner; currently at FAU, would be cheap and would allow Dan to have some more vacation time rather than finding a better candidate
I listened to Zack Smith's podcast when he got fired from Ohio State and he said Warinner was worthless. He is a bad coach. But, you have to consider the source.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
New OL coach, CHEEEEEAP!!!!!

Michel Sollene joined the Gators in 2020 as an offensive graduate assistant with the primary responsibilities of breaking down film, coaching the defensive scout team, and assisting with offensive line development. Sollene played offensive line at LIU Post from 2012-15, was a member of the All-NE-10 First Team, and played in the Dream Bowl All-Star game his senior year.

SolleneMike_Football_Headshot_200803_0205.jpg

Experience:

2019: Tight Ends Coach - Austin Peay State University
2016-2018: Offensive Line Coach / Run Game Coordinator - Nassau Community College
Heck Yeah - another Austin Peay Gov (sort of). Me too.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good old Clarksville TN. The Fly is open, let's go Peay! Lake Kelly knew where his bread was buttered. Now getting that guy from the NYC playgrounds to Clarksville, TN. that is what is known as crootin'
ClarksVegas

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good old Clarksville TN. The Fly is open, let's go Peay! Lake Kelly knew where his bread was buttered. Now getting that guy from the NYC playgrounds to Clarksville, TN. that is what is known as crootin'
I wonder if he was on the last train to Clarksville.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Dan's self awareness level has always been zero.

Less than zero.
I’m actually of the belief that he knows it’s over.

I’m guessing his buyout has already been negotiated and the announcement will be made after the F$U game, win or lose, that he is out. “Mutually agree to part ways” or something of the like.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m actually of the belief that he knows it’s over.

I’m guessing his buyout has already been negotiated and the announcement will be made after the F$U game, win or lose, that he is out. “Mutually agree to part ways” or something of the like.
That would be awesome, but sadly I doubt it.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
That would be awesome, but sadly I doubt it.
I agree with you on that. It would be like being a little kid on christmas morning again waking up to that excellent present! But with the way the admin has handled it so far it would appear that you are probably unfortunately right that it's not likely to happen! One can always dream!

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
You wouldn't believe how well he had that line blocking at Nassau Community College.

It's basically the same as the SEC.
Nassau CC probably has better O Tackles. Watching Tarquin try to block last week was about the saddest thing I have seen as a Gator fan. Up there with our guys blocking each other. Or the lil guy throwing the shoe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.