Depth Chart

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is encouraging to see the offensive depth chart be able to list 2 deep at every spot. The chump and butter years of taking 3-4 OL per cycle and having to cross train everyone and one guy backing up several spots appears to finally be over.

Need to stay healthy as we are young, get good leads and rotate some youth in there to get them experience.

The defense in SEC play will be something to keep an eye on. Best part being that because we have a real S&C program it shouldn't look like varsity vs jv and we get pushed around like HS'ers anymore.

Go Gators

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
We sure do have a plethora of talented WRs. I hope Franks, the O-line, and the playcalling can keep them all happy and productive.
You get a like for using the word Plethora. Here's to a season abundant with a plethora of amazing victories, some expected, some not.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
We are THIN at DB. That's kind of scary.

It's nice to see Copeland backing up Van Jefferson. I wonder if he'll get any opportunities to catch the ball at all. He's probably good at blocking. That's why he's backing up Jefferson at that spot.

It's funny seeing all of the "or"s. Nobody has any idea who's going to get touches and who's not.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
812 is the best poster on this board, and it ain’t up for discussion. ALL HAIL 812!

We ain’t got no beer, just tequila.
What’s Tequila?
Uh, it’s like beer....

I like the way you think... also I have some interesting tails of Albert...(pun intended)

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Everything you see and read says we replace 4 starters on the oline.
I don't see it that way because, Heggie was our best guard last year, he was just out with the broken hand a lot of the year. And Fred Johnson can be easily replaced.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Everything you see and read says we replace 4 starters on the oline.
I don't see it that way because, Heggie was our best guard last year...
He was our best OL PERIOD, and my a wode margin. Big JT was next, but struggled w quick outside moves.

Buchanan was probably the worst and he gets credit for being the sole returning starter.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
TOS is saying that Conliffe is injured, per his own social media account and may be out for the year.

Also expecting Slaton and Ancrum to be suspended for the Miami game.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
ECWu02iX4AARHev-768x432.jpg

Will Delance play?

Defense, doesnt look good at safety, same faces. Also we dont appear to be pretending to be a 3-4 anymore and dont even both to show a third (same) linebacker, 4-2-5 all the way.

ECWu02kXkAAVSJJ-768x432.jpg

This graphic will have some fluidity as the season progresses, hopefully, for the better.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
TOS is saying that Conliffe is injured, per his own social media account and may be out for the year.

Also expecting Slaton and Ancrum to be suspended for the Miami game.
good lord, thats a serious hit. :facepalm:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yep we may see some Muschamp ball with those 3 out.

And there's still people in the recruiting thread whistling past the graveyard acting like everything is all fine.

I think we can withstand one more of the heavy DL's going down (now that Conliffe is gone), but if we lose another one we'll see walkon Moe Gordon playing a serious role or we're playing Greenard and Zuniga inside on a lot of plays. It's inexcusable to brush off the interior DL in this league. But I know, I know...."trust the coaches"....(smh)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
And there's still people in the recruiting thread whistling past the graveyard acting like everything is all fine.

I think we can withstand one more of the heavy DL's going down (now that Conliffe is gone), but if we lose another one we'll see walkon Moe Gordon playing a serious role or we're playing Greenard and Zuniga inside on a lot of plays. It's inexcusable to brush off the interior DL in this league. But I know, I know...."trust the coaches"....(smh)

I'm certainly not pretending there are no issues with recruiting in general, specifically in the interior. I agree we have a problem and it needs to be addressed. That said, bear in mind that any DTs we would've landed would either be the transition class, or would be in the first camp and playing as true Fr, which is rarely good. So if we get that low(the Gordon talk), we were probably toast either way. Even Meyer found this out in '07 when we had Pouncey move over just to provide a body at DT.

Again, doesn't mean that it doesn't need to be corrected. I think/hope it's been recognized. It's just that some of this damage was done before Mullen took over and it's going to take some time to get where we need to be. It's been mismanaged for too long. Let's hope it doesn't reach that level.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m guessing Carter slides inside to back up tackle and Dunlap slides over to back up Nose? Holy smokes... so thin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator