Depth Chart

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
But that's not actually what I said. Yes, I think he and his staff take the blame for who they've signed or not signed(more so the '19 class than the '18). But my point stands, if we'd signed several in this class, it would certainly be nice. However, the likelihood of them stepping in as Freshmen and having solid performances, particularly once we get into SEC play, isn't very good. There's a reason we've all talked about the concerns of our new starters along several OL spots. How many here would feel comfortable with Tarquin, White or Gouriage being the starting lineup?

Again, it's not excusing Mullen's role in not having some more bodies. But the position was severely neglected, by the last staff as well(minus 2017's class), and those are going to be players we have to rely on to some degree this year, like or not. Two or three injuries inside and we're in trouble. What Mullen landed or did not land in his first two classes isn't likely to change that. Still needs to be fixed moving forward, though. No debating there.
I'm not sure about all that. Last cycle , damn near every defensive linemen we targeted was committed bama Georgia or Clemson. The strategy was retarded. We slow played a couple quality players because of this too. Mullen completely botched this position group and it could eventually be his demise.
To be clear, I'm not calling for his job. I think his on the field coaching has been solid. And if he ever fixes the recruiting and makes the right changes to his staff, we could be what we used to be with him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm not sure about all that. Last cycle , damn near every defensive linemen we targeted was committed bama Georgia or Clemson. The strategy was retarded. We slow played a couple quality players because of this too. Mullen completely botched this position group and it could eventually be his demise.
To be clear, I'm not calling for his job. I think his on the field coaching has been solid. And if he ever fixes the recruiting and makes the right changes to his staff, we could be what we used to be with him.

I think we’re on different pages. Let’s agree that Mullen shares blame for his two classes and the lack of DTs. But let’s just also agree that we shouldn’t have to play true Fr in the interior, which is what we’d be doing if he’d landed them. The problem is Mullen’s. It just stems back further. Again, hopefully it’s somewhat moot and we make it through the season with what we have and land some bluechippers in the offseason.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Reminds me of Wobble. Just neverending stupidity.

2222 would be explaining that whatever the coaches did was always right, with gifs and diagrams. I think 2222 was multiple people. The writing style changed at the end of a semester. I seriously believe it was UAA interns.

I’ll give it to 2222. He was such a knob slobberer that he is still remembered after all this time. It was painful watching him explain why Nuss’s offense was unstoppable if the players just executed.

“If you look the WR is wide open down the field. It’s just the QB was sacked in 1.5 seconds, but they were open.”

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll give it to 2222. He was such a knob slobberer that he is still remembered after all this time. It was painful watching him explain why Nuss’s offense was unstoppable if the players just executed.

“If you look the WR is wide open down the field. It’s just the QB was sacked in 1.5 seconds, but they were open.”
that clown could find a way to cheer on ball cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.