Diabate Tweets on S&C Program

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
This is the problem. Ordering out and running out. They need an onsite program where we make whatever they need whenever they need it.

Not boxes of cold stuff.

The Mcdonalds bags have been well documented.
But the McDonalds bag are full of cash, right?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well this has been happening for years and no on has fixed it. At a certain point pretending everything is fine is a detriment to the university we all love. This athletic program needs a rebuild from the ground up, and if it takes a little bit of bad publicity to get the bean counters to loosen the purse strings a bit then thats what it takes.

And if a few lifer employees in the nutrition department suffer from the results so be it.

There should only be one objective……truth.
A rare approach these days

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And if a few lifer employees in the nutrition department suffer from the results so be it.

There should only be one objective……truth.
A rare approach these days
Complacency is the enemy of greatness. Lifetime employees are great, but not if they get comfortable and complacent. Some folks in the UAA are probably gonna have to start working for the checks they cash otherwise they won't be getting them much longer.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
The admin is probably as much or more responsible for this than any of the last 3 stooges. Even Butters fought with them over facilities and such.

I'm glad players are finally piping up - that's how you finally get change. It's a 20+ year old problem, not a 5 year old problem.
I hope from what I've read that Napier has made some demands of our admin! I read he wants them to stay out of his way and let him run the program his way! So maybe this will be true and he will really make some good changes to the whole program coaching, nutrition, facilities and just overall mindset of the whole team! I read he turned down several schools over the years because they wouldn't let him have full say in the program. So hopefully he forced Sh*tchin and Fuchs hand and got some room to change some bad habits the school has imposed over the years!! Don't know if this was true on his demands, but it would be great if he could change some of this stupid crap that's been aloud to fester on for years!

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope from what I've read that Napier has made some demands of our admin! I read he wants them to stay out of his way and let him run the program his way! So maybe this will be true and he will really make some good changes to the whole program coaching, nutrition, facilities and just overall mindset of the whole team! I read he turned down several schools over the years because they wouldn't let him have full say in the program. So hopefully he forced Sh*tchin and Fuchs hand and got some room to change some bad habits the school has imposed over the years!! Don't know if this was true on his demands, but it would be great if he could change some of this stupid crap that's been aloud to fester on for years!

I read your entire post in my head with the exclamation points as you intended and now I'm too hyped to get back to sleep. Thanks for that.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I would think trying to tear a boot off could build a lot of strength

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Savage seemed like a glorified hypeman the longer his tenure went. S&C is the 2nd most important person in the football offices imo. He needs to be in lock step with the head coach. So im fine with Napier bringing a guy who is familiar with how how Napier wants the team to be run when the on field coaches can't be aroumd

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He’s not talking about the nutritionists or Savage, but them eating boxed meals. Probably a Covid protocol. There’s normally no restriction on food for athletes.

Didn’t the NCAA ban athletes-only dining halls years ago? I recall - I think - that was the rule when the built the dining hall by BHG & the O Dome. I used to see athletes in there regularly & they’d block off a room for them to sit. Not sure if that has changed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s not talking about the nutritionists or Savage, but them eating boxed meals. Probably a Covid protocol. There’s normally no restriction on food for athletes.

Didn’t the NCAA ban athletes-only dining halls years ago? I recall - I think - that was the rule when the built the dining hall by BHG & the O Dome. I used to see athletes in there regularly & they’d block off a room for them to sit. Not sure if that has changed.
it has not changed the UF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
it has not changed the UF

But it is changing at UF this summer:

This is probably the worst deficiency in the list of ways we failed to keep up the last decade. Young men LOVE to eat of course, but it’s also crucial to development and building team culture.

The NCAA has steadily loosened those dining restrictions, I assume under pressure from the growing focus on nutrition plus moving toward better benefits for athletes. They did emphasize ‘no special benefits’ in the dining options but that has been over at least since 2015. (It looks like Bama’s 2013 facility did not include dining. The 2020 one does.) Weight rooms, relaxation space and meeting rooms are important, nice features but having the dining is huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator