Diabate Tweets on S&C Program

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But it is changing at UF this summer:

This is probably the worst deficiency in the list of ways we failed to keep up the last decade. Young men LOVE to eat of course, but it’s also crucial to development and building team culture.

The NCAA has steadily loosened those dining restrictions, I assume under pressure from the growing focus on nutrition plus moving toward better benefits for athletes. They did emphasize ‘no special benefits’ in the dining options but that has been over at least since 2015. (It looks like Bama’s 2013 facility did not include dining. The 2020 one does.) Weight rooms, relaxation space and meeting rooms are important, nice features but having the dining is huge.

I look at that place and bet that Foley was furious at its construction. If it had been built 10 years ago who knows where we’d be now.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Pics of our new food court.

th

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Exactly. No accountability is the disease that our football program has been infected with for many years. It started with Foley and now Strickland. This reminds me of McElwein's joke of a strength and conditioning program that contributed to the Will Grier s**t show.
While this may look like mice nuts, it is a clear and present symptom of our program wide disease. Hopefully our boy Napier is the vaccine.

But the larger solution is an AD who is actively monitoring all our programs either directly or by hiring as many people as needed to do so. When I supervised folks I checked in with them every morning, and several times during the day. Now this would be excessive for sports but still showing up is essential. I remember when Mr. Sam would show up at Wal Mart on the delivery truck, kept them on their toes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.