Did you know? 8 QB's on roster? Wha?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Andreu :

Just found out today that Florida quarterbacks Luke Del Rio and Austin Appleby are not on scholarship. A little surprising.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How the hell did he not know that del rio wasn't on scholarship? Journalist my ass :lol:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Andreu :

Just found out today that Florida quarterbacks Luke Del Rio and Austin Appleby are not on scholarship. A little surprising.

Good, they shouldn't be. Appleby should be doing backflips that we even offered him the chance to walk-on....and Del Rio's dad is worth $15+ million.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good, they shouldn't be. Appleby should be doing backflips that we even offered him the chance to walk-on....and Del Rio's dad is worth $15+ million.

... not to me, he isn't. :confused:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Whisper all you want, you can get blood from a stone. There is a reason the walk-on guys have a combined 0 stars between them when in their recruiting cycle. You need talent to coach, a coach isn't going to change a guy with an extremely limited ceiling especially behind the line we had.
Jacob guy was a 3 star with d1 offers. He should have gotten a chance.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that Grady closed out the bowl game should tell you all you need to know about Guy.
What did we have to lose? By the start of the 4th qtr, we were behind by 24.

Treon couldn't score 24 points against a 3-9 FAU team.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What did we have to lose? By the start of the 4th qtr, we were behind by 24.

Treon couldn't score 24 points against a 3-9 FAU team.

I totally agree and it's one of my main reasons for souring on McElwain. What's the worst thing that could have happened? Michigan (or FSU, or Alabama) score a pick six? At that point in the game we weren't coming back. Or he could have simply put in Grady or Guy for a series or two to calm Treon down. I know it's okay around here to "bash" Treon, but he was thrown to the wolves and I have a hard time believing that any of our walk-ons would have done much worse (again, how much worse could it have been?). All of our walk-ons were experienced and recruited HS QBs (by smaller schools). If McElwain and Nussmeir are such great coaches (which we keep hearing about) why couldn't they prepare one of these backups to get in the game?

That was last season and I'm ready to move on w/ what we have, but it still disgusts me the way we finished the season....and that 112th ranked offense. Honestly, the last 6 games of the year you could have convinced me Will Muschamp was still our coach.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So I don't know if any of y'all actually stuck it out and watched the end of the bowl game, but Grady actually played a series at the end of the game. And FYI he was absolutely terrible. No way in hell he would have been a better option than Treon.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
So I don't know if any of y'all actually stuck it out and watched the end of the bowl game, but Grady actually played a series at the end of the game. And FYI he was absolutely terrible. No way in hell he would have been a better option than Treon.
Yeah but I still think he had a better completion percentage than Harris....hell I think I had a better completion percentage in that game than Harris.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Ahhhhh....I see, he played mop up duty and looked bad. Guess who else looked bad for 6+ games? The starting QB and his QB coach..... All I'm saying is, put the back up in for a series or two. Why not? At the end of FSU, Bama, and Michigan what harm could it have done? It was pure stubborness, just like Muschamp trotting Driskel out against Missouri after his 18th turnover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.