Dinner time

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
View attachment 68401

We made our favorite cheesesteaks and homemade fries Friday night. We don’t agree on how the fries should be cut so we have his and hers.

My fries are thin, crispy and air fried to perfection! Amazing

View attachment 68403

His fries are fat, mushy and wonderful if that’s how you like them. :lol:

View attachment 68402
This is a tough call. With only some vague descriptions and photos that quite frankly leave us all unsure, I think the only way to truly solve this argument is going to be a taste test. I’m free Saturday, so just let me know the time. (For a truly reliable test, we’re probably going to need a panel. From the previous posts, it appears several Chatterers would be interes, errrr, willing.)

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
This is a tough call. With only some vague descriptions and photos that quite frankly leave us all unsure, I think the only way to truly solve this argument is going to be a taste test. I’m free Saturday, so just let me know the time. (For a truly reliable test, we’re probably going to need a panel. From the previous posts, it appears several Chatterers would be interes, errrr, willing.)

Sure! Just be sure to bring the chicken wings from the egg with you.
The other point of contention is the ketchup. We use regular, habanero and jalapeño.
Just to add a real debate, does the ketchup go into the refrigerator after it's opened?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You seen the price of halibut lately?

Yeah my wife called me on her way home from Whole Foods to tell me she’d bought halibut because it was on sale. The combination of the product itself and where she bought it caused me to not even ask. Anyway I’m assuming the financing went though.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Sure! Just be sure to bring the chicken wings from the egg with you.
The other point of contention is the ketchup. We use regular, habanero and jalapeño.
Just to add a real debate, does the ketchup go into the refrigerator after it's opened?
It probably doesn't need to be refrigerated, but I err on the side of caution on that one.

BTW - A perfectly cooked french fry needs nothing other than perhaps a bit of S&P.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Ok, who has the best grilled, broiled whatever recipe for Spanish Mackeral.

Being a boat owner, I figure these two filets cost about $1200 per ounce, so I want to get my money's worth.

@soflagator

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Ok, who has the best grilled, broiled whatever recipe for Spanish Mackeral.

Being a boat owner, I figure these two filets cost about $1200 per ounce, so I want to get my money's worth.

@soflagator
We are going to the beach soon so I joined a local FB page to see what people were recommending for restaurants. Someone was asking about booking a charter to catch fish and have a local restaurant clean and cook them. The experience sounds terrific until you realize the actual cost of the food. $1200 an ounce is about right. :lol:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Who the Fuchs has leftover ribeye if only one steak is cooked?
Embarrassed Vote GIF by Rita Ora

But 2 were cooked

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
It’s fall on your face pasta night. A family favorite. Gorgonzola cheese in heavy whipping cream, artichokes, chicken and sun-dried tomatoes from the garden on cavatappi noodles. Dusted with some cayenne. Leftovers tomorrow will be even better.

IMG_7069.jpeg

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
First attempt at homemade bacon…not one dinner but was featured for several dinners/breakfasts…that has to count right?
cac0af2ed712f14fbd8e85228615b492.jpg

4bf2ec75475c1bbf652aee08ed33723a.jpg

40e4711e14ff7533d91eca3233375994.jpg

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s fall on your face pasta night. A family favorite. Gorgonzola cheese in heavy whipping cream, artichokes, chicken and sun-dried tomatoes from the garden on cavatappi noodles. Dusted with some cayenne. Leftovers tomorrow will be even better.

View attachment 68601
Looks incredible . Adding a few shrimp would take it to the next level. Good stuff here

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.