Dirty Sooners

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I just re-watched the Title game against Oklahoma and I forgot how dirty they were. Took Rainey out with a blatant horse collar, kneed Tebow in the neck after a run, had a horrible face mask on Demps at full speed and did the old ankle twist on Harvin's bad ankle after a run. What a bunch of punks they were.

Even so, what a great game! Damn, we need to get back on top. What a team. Tebow, Harvin, the Pouncey twins, Henandez, Murphy, Cooper and Nelson on O and Spikes, Haden, Black, Jenkins, Wright, Dunlap, Stamper, Hicks, Marsh and Davis on D. NFL guys everywhere.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, very sad to see that out of a Bob Stoops team.

We didn't play like that when he was here.

Venables and Mike Stoops were co DCs and their teams arent dirty either.

All are Bill Snyder guys and his teams weren't dirty.

I just don't know. Desperation maybe.

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, very sad to see that out of a Bob Stoops team.

We didn't play like that when he was here.

Venables and Mike Stoops were co DCs and their teams arent dirty either.

All are Bill Snyder guys and his teams weren't dirty.

I just don't know. Desperation maybe.
Anything and everything to slow down that CUM train.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I think they were doing what they felt they had to in order to have a chance to win. That Gators team was absolutely unbelievable and the Sooners knew it.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I really think getting physical with Tim was or would be a big mistake. He generally responds in kind and can out do you.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It wasn't our offensive players that they needed to knock out of the game....

OldCrazyBeardeddragon-size_restricted.gif

Our defense won that game for us.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, I think they were doing what they felt they had to in order to have a chance to win. That Gators team was absolutely unbelievable and the Sooners knew it.

On the final TD drive(3:26 mark) there’s a point where the camera swings to Venables and he clearly tells whoever he’s talking to “we’re f****d!”.

As was mentioned, the trash talk in the lead-up, then the physical play throughout had just made Tebow the Tebow no one wanted to face.

It’s in between critical plays, so I imagine there’s someone in his ear trying to scheme some way to pull out a stop or trying to remain positive, and he just shoots it down. We were driving inside the 10 and he knew they could go ahead and call it.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
It wasn't our offensive players that they needed to knock out of the game....

OldCrazyBeardeddragon-size_restricted.gif

Sure did. That D was sick. Bradford made some great throws in that game and he had to, because nobody was open. The Wright hit and the Black pick were both epic. Sadly, in today's game, Wright would have been immediately ejected. Interesting that the announcers raved about how great a play it was and even gave the Sooner WR some props later in the game for shaking it off.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Sadly, in today's game, Wright would have been immediately ejected. .
He hit head first into the kids shoulder pad. He could have merely NOT tucked his own head and gone shoulder to shoulder and had the same result. It would have wiped out the WR regardless. You actually hit harder w one or both legs planted and explode than if you launch.

Even better if he had wiped out the WR with the right shoulder and got his left hand up the bat the ball away just in case the guy was able to hang on.

The range and timing was what was beautiful about that play. The leading with the head aspect was not.

It was also a perfect pass into the right place to put the ball versus our man two.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I heard CI (Cornelius Ingram ) speak at the FGTC meeting this week. He said that was the greatest college FB team of all time with the talent we had.....The Def. stopped Bradford who was unstoppable all year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This X1000....Remember that their offense was I believe the greatest statistical offense in CFB history to that point.....14 points! And they were loaded with future NFLer's. I think almost everyone of their offensive players was drafted over the next couple of years..
As far as any "dirty" play goes I really don't recall anything out of the ordinary and in fact we were very lucky Wright wasn't called for PI on the first play....that call could have gone either way and I was sure we were going to get a PI and or spearing call.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sad to say but Wright would have been ejected now for that hit.

He hit head first into the kids shoulder pad. He could have merely NOT tucked his own head and gone shoulder to shoulder and had the same result. It would have wiped out the WR regardless. You actually hit harder w one or both legs planted and explode than if you launch.

Even better if he had wiped out the WR with the right shoulder and got his left hand up the bat the ball away just in case the guy was able to hang on.

The range and timing was what was beautiful about that play. The leading with the head aspect was not.

It was also a perfect pass into the right place to put the ball versus our man two.

Nothing sad about it. It would have just made a good play better if he hadnt tucked his head and had gotten his left hand up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator