Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why were we in most games? The defense. Well, that's gonna take a hit.

And you NEED to be worried about FSU. They are wiping the floor with Mac. It is this "everything is ok" attitude that got us here. We're FLORIDA. Everything is fine. Muschamp is fine. He just needs one more year. Mac will get em next year. Been saying that stupid **** for years.

Hold on a minute. Let me see if I can find that box of razor blades I have around here somewhere so I can cut myself..... :facepalm:

NO, I'm NOT worried about the clowns...**** FSU and **** Muschamp too. He's the least of our concerns. As far as the clowns, we're going to lose some recruits & win some recruits vs them..... always have, always will. The kids that simply aren't smart enough to get in UF, even will all the hoops the school jumps through to help them, sometimes just can't hack it & they'll go to Tally just like they always have. How do you want Mac to fix that?

I'm no effing pumper, but I'm also not on suicide watch either. Get a grip.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
......Defense does win championships, but what we needed this year is offense. When the recruits see offense, the defensive players will also come....

I got to thinking about that. In recent years we have recruited GREAT defensive players but been "meh" on offensive recruiting. We started out showing offensive promise this year and then took an ugly nose dive.

The last couple of games you could see our defense just absolutely collapsing. One could feel their sense of despair in the 3rd and 4th quarters because they knew no matter what they did, the offense wasn't gonna do jack sh!tt. This year it was even more visible then years past. I think the veterans after having experienced this their entire careers at Florida had some renewed hope early in the season. With the exception of a 2nd quarter collapse against LSU, they played absolutely inspired.

BUT as the season neared its ugly end you could sense them losing more and more hope in the closing games. How frustrating that must have been for those stud defensive recruits to go out like that. To finish with the same frustrations they started with because there was no offense to be found.

Now, I can't help but to wonder if it was easy to negatively recruit against us to the elite defensive players. How easy it would've been for the likes of bama, fsu, and uga to approach them and say, "Do you really want that to be your college playing experience?" Looking at the game tape of the second halves in the last 3 games (not counting the embarrassment that was the bowl game) it would be easy to see those elite guys saying, "No thanks'.

There is a reason we didn't recruit as strong defensively as we usually do. Perhaps that was the source of whiffing on some of the elite defensive talent that we are used to closing on.

That or Collins just sucks...

giphy.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Hold on a minute. Let me see if I can find that box of razor blades I have around here somewhere so I can cut myself..... :facepalm:

NO, I'm NOT worried about the clowns...**** FSU and **** Muschamp too. He's the least of our concerns. As far as the clowns, we're going to lose some recruits & win some recruits vs them..... always have, always will. The kids that simply aren't smart enough to get in UF, even will all the hoops the school jumps through to help them, sometimes just can't hack it & they'll go to Tally just like they always have. How do you want Mac to fix that?

I'm no effing pumper, but I'm also not on suicide watch either. Get a grip.

Well, just to give you a current update they kicked our ass and Mac's ass up and down the street. Take the blinders off, its real dude. Who cares how smart our football players are? What are we Duke? Another dumb rationalization paid for by Pumpers United of UF.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, just to give you a current update they kicked our ass and Mac's ass up and down the street. Take the blinders off, its real dude. Who cares how smart our football players are? What are we Duke? Another dumb rationalization paid for by Pumpers United of UF.

Speaking of smart. Have you actually read what you post lately? Just how in the **** are we supposed to take players that can't academically qualify? How?

Please, tell us all. Now's your big chance to look like something other than a suicidal emotional wreck.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Speaking of smart. Have you actually read what you post lately? Just how in the **** are we supposed to take players that can't academically qualify? How?

Please, tell us all. Now's your big chance to look like something other than a suicidal emotional wreck.

Yesterday I was ready to put rex on the ignore list. Today, I have decided its just too amusing reading his ledge jumping, sky falling, we suck and all of our coaches suck kinda posts. With all of the doom and gloom, there needs to be comedy too...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kirby Smart walked into a better situation and also brings over people who he was recruiting and had relationships with at Alabama. Recruiting is as much about Relationships as it is the School. Our Coaching staff has one full year of relationships with this region. Kirby Smart has been at Alabama for how long, developing those relationships and also Richt was putting together a very good class before he was let go. Richt was able to keep Miami players in Miami, that do me is on Shannon. Miami is his area, we should have done better there. We don't know the Callahan bs, but other than being a questionable coach apparently a bad recruiter. Our staff needs to develop relationships, relationships with the school that in some cases were damaged by Meyer (the way he left/promises he made) and Muschamp. This is a rebuild, not a fixer upper. The class is disappointing, but there is context to it. It's up to coach to fix those relationships, and complete for championships.

The ranking on NSD doesn't bother me as much as the ranking after the National Title game. We should be in the top 10 after the national title game consistently.

Michigan whipped our azz in the last 2 weeks for SFL recruits. You're saying that Harbaugh has better SFL relationships than our staff?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
NO, I'm NOT worried about the clowns...

This is what you said. You're stupid. And unrealistic. They own us. No matter how much you scream nanny-nanny boo boo we are better than they are...they own us in football right now. Sorry you don't care. Some of us actually do.

They get a ton of kids that we want that are academically eligible for UF. Are you even reading what you are saying? Wow...number one class...its real bro.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These statements don't jive. If they only take the avg of the top 20 and you have a low star ranking that means you took TOO many three stars in your class.
I know for a fact Rivals take only the top 20. True story bro!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

What the hell is 'rex going to do when we actually have a top 5 class again? Or heaven help him if we win s SEC title or Natty again... he will literally have nothing to talk about.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
What the hell is 'rex going to do when we actually have a top 5 class again? Or heaven help him if we win s SEC title or Natty again... he will literally have nothing to talk about.

Maybe he will go back to the fan board of the school he roots for.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
you are correct.....sort of....it would be very unlikely to have more than 20 players in the Rivals 250, but not impossible. This year Bama had 15. So yes they count your top 20, but they also include bonus points which could in theory go beyond your top 20, however unlikely.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-com-football-team-recruiting-rankings-formula

Rivals Rating points for a team's Top 20 rated commits + Rivals250 Bonus Points = Total Points

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

No ****. So if you only have 10 4 star kids? guess what...they start counting those 3 star kids which drags your avg down. true story bro!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
But there is a reason the services only count the top 20 recruits. For example, taking a 3 star kicker doesn't hurt your ranking. We had a lot of roster spots to fill, so that naturally means that you're average stars are going to go down.

These statements don't jive. If they only take the avg of the top 20 and you have a low star ranking that means you took TOO many three stars in your class.

Took me a bit, but I read it like T REX did and it didn't make sense...now it does. Gatorphan said it correctly - ranking only takes the top 20 (ok)....so adding another 3 star won't hurt your ranking. It WILL in fact hurt your average star value for the class (assuming you were already averaging over 3.0)

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Took me a bit, but I read it like T REX did and it didn't make sense...now it does. Gatorphan said it correctly - ranking only takes the top 20 (ok)....so adding another 3 star won't hurt your ranking. It WILL in fact hurt your average star value for the class (assuming you were already averaging over 3.0)
:exactly:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is what you said. You're stupid. And unrealistic. They own us. No matter how much you scream nanny-nanny boo boo we are better than they are...they own us in football right now. Sorry you don't care. Some of us actually do.

They get a ton of kids that we want that are academically eligible for UF. Are you even reading what you are saying? Wow...number one class...its real bro.

Take your meds. ..... and stay away from sharp objects, balconies and firearms. Just because I, and most other sane people, don't freak the **** out & cry about it, doesn't mean we don't care about our team. Are you really that much of a simpleton? Maybe, just maybe, you're unable to take disappointment like an adult. You can also shove your idiotic claims about everyone who isn't as immature as you over a less than stellar signing day being stupid, unrealistic & not caring. Look in the mirror pal, the only unrealistic person in the room is looking back at you.

I'm really sorry that I've shattered your fragile self-worth dude. It wasn't on purpose, but damn sure entertaining.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Now I'm confused. So when you start counting your lower ranked players after 20 your ranking would go down, no? So TRex was saying we were as low as we were even counting our 20 best recruits, no?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Take your meds. ..... and stay away from sharp objects, balconies and firearms. Just because I, and most other sane people, don't freak the **** out & cry about it, doesn't mean we don't care about our team. Are you really that much of a simpleton? Maybe, just maybe, you're unable to take disappointment like an adult. You can also shove your idiotic claims about everyone who isn't as immature as you over a less than stellar signing day being stupid, unrealistic & not caring. Look in the mirror pal, the only unrealistic person in the room is looking back at you.

I'm really sorry that I've shattered your fragile self-worth dude. It wasn't on purpose, but damn sure entertaining.

LOL. Guess what, it is still there. They own us. ****, some of you are standing around acting like everything is fine in Gatorland. It's not. **** it.

My bad. What the f was I thinking? You pumpers win. We didn't have the 14th ranked class. We just didn't sign the most 3 stars ever. I'm turning the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator