DL Coach Williams replaced with Chris Rumph of Texas

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Dirty not dirty, he said she said, they said. We have no idea what's going on. Hang lose we'll see what happens.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n171111 said:
I can't help but wonder if a booster from another school offered them money, and that's why CeCe's dad is so against him going to UF.

The same thing entered my mind. CeCe's Dad did not look the least bit excited about it yesterday when he announced. No matter how this ends up, its gonna leave a mark.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewKingHorns: Multiple recruits saying Rumph is staying at Texas. I don't think Coach Strong would lie to them but still no Official word from Texas.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n171367 said:
@AndrewKingHorns: Multiple recruits saying Rumph is staying at Texas. I don't think Coach Strong would lie to them but still no Official word from Texas.
I thought it was a stretch for one to leave Texas

Marshall Gator

Dec 7, 2014
We should not offer the job unless we know 100% that he will take it. Otherwise, we look stupid. Coach Mac has got to stop these leaks. It happened with the Oregon WR coach and now this DL coach
at Texas. We must hire a DL coach fast!!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Marshall Gator;n171517 said:
We should not offer the job unless we know 100% that he will take it. Otherwise, we look stupid. Coach Mac has got to stop these leaks. It happened with the Oregon WR coach and now this DL coach
at Texas. We must hire a DL coach fast!!

Well I think this leak happened because other teams errrr.....I mean muschamp was negative recruiting against us by spreading the news to recruits. Apparently Mac had been calling around looking for candidates and word got out so others teams seized on it. He cannot control that.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
Alagator;n171519 said:
Well I think this leak happened because other teams errrr.....I mean muschamp was negative recruiting against us by spreading the news to recruits. Apparently Mac had been calling around looking for candidates and word got out so others teams seized on it. He cannot control that.

You know, honestly, along this line of thought? This is not at all entirely unreasonable! Could very well be that azzhat & Co. trying to do something like this. How obnoxious is this going to be if we have to deal with Musktaint trying to undermine UF at every opportunity? He's definitely starting to get that jilted lover vibe with me. "Hey Chump! You sucked horrendously, you failed, you got fired! Get over it ya' lil b*tch!" OK, I feel better now

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Marshall Gator;n171517 said:
We should not offer the job unless we know 100% that he will take it. Otherwise, we look stupid.

How can you know whether someone will accept your offer until you make one? :lol:

Marshall Gator

Dec 7, 2014
I WENT to Texas' 247 site and it sounds as if the fans are expecting more staff changes. I'm calmed down now. I'm not worried about Muschamp. The only time that he could have hurt us
was this recruiting season. its over and we came out fine. Muschamp has a boss to answer too. I don't have any bad feelings towards him. The fun part starts now. Watching this staff develop and utilize our talent on offense. I think special teams will get a lot better too. Should be fun.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
bayou gator;n171158 said:
We seem to be poached of any good coaches that we hire at a greater rate than any other school in the country. We never seem to be able to field an intact staff for very long, regardless of who is the head coach. Maybe I'm just pissed, but that's how it seems
I starting to think Foley doesn't even write contracts.

Foley: So Coach, will $300k a year do?
Coach: Okay, you got a deal.
Foley and Coach shake hands.

Coach starts looking for a better offer immediately.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Give Lawing a raise if he'll become the new improved Gator DL coach.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, Lawing was hired by the Semis several weeks ago. Try and keep up. :lol:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Why not just have CeCe's mom sign the LOI? It only requires the signature of one parent.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n171605 said:

Well, the Dolphins hired away our DL coach pronto.?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
MJMGator;n171605 said:
Forgot about that. My brain is used to flushing anything Nole related.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
GatorInGeorgia;n171622 said:
Why not just have CeCe's mom sign the LOI? It only requires the signature of one parent.
Leo took the letter and his mom can't get it. I guess the "SOB" hid the damn thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.