Do you think Mullen would win at UF?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen would just have a real good year every so many years - kind of the same as what he does at Miss State considering their status.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
tenor.gif

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
After three regimes of coaches whose names begins with "M," (which I'd guess is unprecedented) I say we move on.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the question is would UF want Mullen. Fans won't....AD might. #lateralmove

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
There were a lot of Gators who were disappointed when Mac was hired and Mullen wasn't.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We know what Mullens is as a head coach, he is a middle tier guy. I would rather swing and miss looking for excellence than putter around in mediocrity for the next 5-10 years.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Didn't he say UF was a lateral move when Collins took the DC job?

I think he'd win at UF, he's won 9-10 games in the rugged SEC West. I'm sure he'd get to 9-10 wins regularly at UF as well. But I don't think he's a national championship type coach. He does develop QBs very well and has a lot of good qualities.

He spoke to our Gator Club prior to his first season at UF. He was still in his 20's (maybe 28, 29), I believe, and no one knew anything about him. He was impressive, for being so young and so new. Everyone was excited about the new staff (after the Zook debacle).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't he say UF was a lateral move when Collins took the DC job?

I think he'd win at UF, he's won 9-10 games in the rugged SEC West. I'm sure he'd get to 9-10 wins regularly at UF as well. But I don't think he's a national championship type coach. He does develop QBs very well and has a lot of good qualities.

He spoke to our Gator Club prior to his first season at UF. He was still in his 20's (maybe 28, 29), I believe, and no one knew anything about him. He was impressive, for being so young and so new. Everyone was excited about the new staff (after the Zook debacle).

What's funny about Zook debale, is that offense wasn't ever the problem after his first year. It's the vanilla defenses he ran.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What's funny about Zook debale, is that offense wasn't ever the problem after his first year. It's the vanilla defenses he ran.

True. Following Spurrier was a tough act and he lost too many home games. I've always been curious as to how he would have done had they kept him for the 05, 06 seasons. It seems Tebow still would have come to UF, as he had a great relationship w/ Fedora. But once he lost to Miss State he was done!

Funny thing about the 04 Miss State game too, my Gator Club already had Jeremy Foley scheduled as a guest speaker that week....then they fired Zook. We had a HUGE crowd come out. I was the club president and I wrote a story for (I think) Gatorbait (they reached out to me and asked if I would write up a story on his speech). There was a pic of me, Foley, and the VP of the club in the local beaches paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator