Does anyone here listen to the Dan Lebatard Show?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I like listening to sports radio at my desk, but the only channel I can pick up inside my building is FM and at 10am is the Lebatard show. I know he gets the negative stigma from Florida fans because he has some sort of University of Miami connection. I listened to the show for about a week....and I had to cut him off due to his dad being on the show. It's freaking unbearable. Obviously someone down there thinks his dad is cute or funny...but it's quite the opposite. He sounds like a borderline (if not full) retard. He brings zero value to the show and makes it unlistenable. Generally, I have the radio on for the morning show (Mike & Mike) and I forget to turn it off...then the Lebatard show comes on...and I hear the retard dad "Dis is da Dan Lebatar tow...." and I quickly turn it off. Unfortunately I can't get the AM station, which broadcasts Fox Sports.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I listen every day from 10-12 and I love it. His dad isn't on the show, he just has a few lines that are dropped in rarely.

The show isn't really a true sports show, but it's something different and I find it hilarious most times. Stugotz makes the show and if it weren't for him it'd tank. Le Betard is annoying at times no doubt, especially his point of view on race, however he doesn't really go down that path often on the radio show

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I listen every day from 10-12 and I love it. His dad isn't on the show, he just has a few lines that are dropped in rarely.

The show isn't really a true sports show, but it's something different and I find it hilarious most times. Stugotz makes the show and if it weren't for him it'd tank. Le Betard is annoying at times no doubt, especially his point of view on race, however he doesn't really go down that path often on the radio show

Well, it seems like every commercial break (at the beginning and the end...and sometimes in between) they play his dad's intro. Like I said, it's like listening to a borderline or full fledged retard. Can't do it....

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I listen to it from time to time in the car. I think he is obnoxious. I would say 30% of the time you can catch a good interview or funny segment, but 70% of the show is trash.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it seems like every commercial break (at the beginning and the end...and sometimes in between) they play his dad's intro. Like I said, it's like listening to a borderline or full fledged retard. Can't do it....

He is definitely annoying, but isn't a major part of the show so I stomach it haha

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
First Team (Zarzour and McElroy) on Sirius XM is the best sports talk radio for college sports fans, followed by Full Ride (Childers and Neuheisel).

Sep 29, 2015
I've listened from time to time for years and I've always enjoyed it. You never know if it will be thought provoking, uproariously funny, irreverent, sincere or, some times, but not often, unlistenable. That said, it's a variety show loosely based around sports, not a sports talk show, so if you're looking for the latter, you won't like it.
One of the show's foundations was to intentionally annoy the listener to the point of comedy - hence the Papi samples now.

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
I live in Coconut Grove and had to read this Gator hater in the Miami Harold too long to ever give him a minute more of my mind long ago. Stugotz is cool. He was a bench player on sports radio down here and propped up all the radio haters shows for many years including Neal Rodgers show which I miss terribly.

Blame any weirdness on Siri
Feels good to type it out loud.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
r3u3l4.jpg

Alex.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Also, the "looks like segment" is absolutely amazing.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I've listened from time to time for years and I've always enjoyed it. You never know if it will be thought provoking, uproariously funny, irreverent, sincere or, some times, but not often, unlistenable. That said, it's a variety show loosely based around sports, not a sports talk show, so if you're looking for the latter, you won't like it.
One of the show's foundations was to intentionally annoy the listener to the point of comedy - hence the Papi samples now.

This guy gets it ^

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ive heard it a few times and can confirm, dan is a lebaTARD.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Maybe I haven't given him a fair chance, but I'm bored within 60 seconds, so I don't linger. He's slightly more entertaining when he fills in on pti, but only slightly.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
First Team (Zarzour and McElroy) on Sirius XM is the best sports talk radio for college sports fans, followed by Full Ride (Childers and Neuheisel).

Agree with First Team. However, childers is an annoying know-it-all. He dismisses anyone who disagrees with him. Mark Packer has a better afternoon program. He will acknowledge someone's opposing view like a responsible journalist and adult. And unlike other journalists, he's willing to admit bias for his home team (climpson).

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree with First Team. However, childers is an annoying know-it-all. He dismisses anyone who disagrees with him. Mark Packer has a better afternoon program. He will acknowledge someone's opposing view like a responsible journalist and adult. And unlike other journalists, he's willing to admit bias for his home team (climpson).
Agree about Packer. Although I don't mind Childers, Neuheisel is the one that entertains on the 10am show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.