Does anyone remember when...

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
having the #2 and #8 teams lose on the same night had a direct impact on where the gators were ranked? Even on the "down years" we'd be popping into the top 10 with those kinds of losses. I want to drunk dial those days and tell them how much I miss them.

:drunk:

Now it's not even a blip on the radar, I didn't have a shred of excitement watching Clemson lose. I now understand that I'm dead inside when it comes to football. We're light years away from being a top 10 team that has a rooting interest in what happens at the top of the polls. /end of rant

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good to see you posting again, Dookie - although your name reminds me too much of where we are as a program.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ACC can't handle the Pressure! Love it no matter what!!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
having the #2 and #8 teams lose on the same night had a direct impact on where the gators were ranked? Even on the "down years" we'd be popping into the top 10 with those kinds of losses. I want to drunk dial those days and tell them how much I miss them.

:drunk:

Now it's not even a blip on the radar, I didn't have a shred of excitement watching Clemson lose. I now understand that I'm dead inside when it comes to football. We're light years away from being a top 10 team that has a rooting interest in what happens at the top of the polls. /end of rant

I remember when such losses were not a big deal to UF fans because these type of teams particularly the number 8 team were ranked below UF.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I honestly was disappointed pointed to see the upsets , cause my Georgia and Miami friends are all loving it. Don't think we'll see either the Dawgs or the Canes in the playoffs, but still I hate to see their fan bases have so much joy and excitement, while ours is just wanting the season to be done with.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I remember in late 90s LSU came to swamp ranked 24 and we were 5 or something. Everyone was excited b/c it was a "game against ranked teams".

I thought it was BS b/c 24 is garbage, and we'd blow them out...and we did.

Now I wish we were ranked 24.
:thumbdown:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Does anybody remember when the Gators threw the ball out of bounds on fourth down to stop the clock? I seem to remember that happening at least once.

When we in basketball played in a very small gym and got abused a lot.

When we lost homecoming to a wimp team?

When we had no chance of any national championships in any sport?

When in academics we were like say UT today?

Remember the past.

Good point by the OP.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Does anybody remember when the Gators threw the ball out of bounds on fourth down to stop the clock? I seem to remember that happening at least once.

When we in basketball played in a very small gym and got abused a lot.

When we lost homecoming to a wimp team?

When we had no chance of any national championships in any sport?

When in academics we were like say UT today?

Remember the past.

Good point by the OP.

Lost on homecoming to a wimp team you say? So kinda like last ****ing week.

I'd be more than happy to lose every single game or match in every other single sport to get back to national prominence in football.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Lost on homecoming to a wimp team you say? So kinda like last ****ing week.

I'd be more than happy to lose every single game or match in every other single sport to get back to national prominence in football.

No a real wimp, and another memory we had six QBs none of which were capable.

I remember leaving at half time it was so bad.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
No a real wimp, and another memory we had six QBs none of which were capable.

I remember leaving at half time it was so bad.
Yearning for those days again? You might get your wish if somebody in those fancy high dollar boxes doesn't put a foot in somebodys azz.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I remember when the top 10 were for good teams and the next 10 were for pretenders and the rest didn't count.
I remember wondering how fast we'd score our first TD and being disappointed when we didn't break 50.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I remember back in the day that no matter what top ten team was playing- having that feeling of:
“yawn- ...we can beat them”

Good times

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.