Does Foley Have Brain One?

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n90103 said:
Doesn't mean he has the right stuff for the job anymore. Anyone who looks at the football situation with a sharp mind would be able to make a definite decision given the last 2 years......And that decision is to get Muschamp off the property yesterday. He has a track record of doing damage to the program....he will do more damage before Foley acts accordingly....not to mention the fact he is screwing us recruiting wise more than likely on purpose.

Gold I tell ya, gold! Some of you folks crack me up. Screwing up recruiting on purpose, doesn't have management skills because he can't fire anyone.....you can't make this stuff up! I'd go on but it would dignify some of these cretin-like statements. Muschamp is toast and everyone knows it. The timing is not near as important as the next hire. As we saw in 1980 and 1990, one guy can make a world of difference.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Maillot Jaune;n90106 said:
Gold I tell ya, gold! Some of you folks crack me up. Screwing up recruiting on purpose, doesn't have management skills because he can't fire anyone.....you can't make this stuff up! I'd go on but it would dignify some of these cretin-like statements. Muschamp is toast and everyone knows it. The timing is not near as important as the next hire. As we saw in 1980 and 1990, one guy can make a world of difference.

So a good manager lets an employee run the company into the ground ? And probably lets some assets walk out the back door with the employee on the way out right ?

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n90097 said:
but sometimes I think I could call better plays and sit those who don't run the correct routes, miss protections etc. Now I believe in making things simple so you can do them correctly. The idea that champ just notices that the offense and somewhat the defense needs to be simple so they can run it properly.

I agree, but that is on Muschamp, and not Foley.

I too believe that the decision has already been made and we will see a change, but I don't see where today is better than after next week, or at the end of the season. It will be announced when the time is right, today is not that day. He couldn't announce the next hire until at least after the season anyway.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n90113 said:
If Foley wants to give WM more time to save his job, he should just be up front about it. Not give us this coach speak. Why is hiding what he plans to do?
Because we're just a bunch of piss on fans that have made him rich.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He has given an explanation, he will evaluate the season as a whole. If your boss gave you a project to work on and fired you half the way thru because he didn't like the way it was going, how would you feel. On top of that he brought in 50,000 people to boo you while you tried to do your job. This may be a stretch, but I think you get the idea.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n90113 said:
If Foley wants to give WM more time to save his job, he should just be up front about it. Not give us this coach speak. Why is hiding what he plans to do?

...because life isn't that simple? Do you really think that he publicizes all of his plans? There's a reason that there's abundant speculation every time there's a coaching change at a prominent university. In fact the term hot seat is used so much because AD's don't give game-by-game feedback about the coaches to the public. He'll get the pieces in place and then we'll see what unfolds. Most of us will never even know who he contacted and whether he got his first choice.

This is life 101. Just stop long enough to think it through.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n90112 said:
All people want from Foley is an explanation about what he is going to do to fix the situation. Why is that too much to ask?

Yes.

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
Gatoravatara;n90112 said:
All people want from Foley is an explanation about what he is going to do to fix the situation. Why is that too much to ask? If a ceo tanked a public company, its shareholders and especially wall street would demand an explanation on the plan to turn things around.

I guess I haven't seen the "want an explanation" crowd here. What I do hear is Foley needs to be fired, shot, humiliated, have his leadership skills investigated and all places in between. What is he going to say: "I'm firing the coach and we will bring in a good guy, promise." There's no point in making some wind bag speech until we have a new coach on, or near, the line. Everyone knows Muschamp is gone. At risk of repeating myself, the company is still making a ton of money, more than the peer group. When out right emotion takes over for calculating reason you end up with the situation in Tallahassee, where everyone is so deep in the weeds they can't see what everyone else does, which is the worst case of "everyone is out of step in the parade but my kid" syndrome.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n90129 said:
Im sorry that is coachspeak. A normal person would say WM is going to be our coach until the last game of the season. I'm doing this to give him a chance to come back from the last few games. I still think he can turn this around. But he doesn't do that because it would imply that WM will be retained for another season provided. That would completely split the Gator Nation. So he uses vague coachspeak. He would not be able to get away with something like this on Wall Street.

Wut-babka.jpg

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n90129 said:
Im sorry that is coachspeak. A normal person would say WM is going to be our coach until the last game of the season. I'm doing this to give him a chance to come back from the last few games. I still think he can turn this around. But he doesn't do that because it would imply that WM will be retained for another season provided. That would completely split the Gator Nation. So he uses vague coachspeak. He would not be able to get away with something like this on Wall Street.

sooooo, you want him to pull a nick saban, ala miami/alabama?

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
Dude, on Wall Street they pay you to make money, which Foley does. It is not my opinion that he's one of the best in the business, it's the industry's opinion. Who gives a sh*t was Foley says right now. Everyone knows win, lose or draw, Muschamp is gone. I'd rather put my energy in to finding the next great coach.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Maillot Jaune;n90106 said:

I agree. Foley deserves criticism for hiring him, but demanding he be fired now is foolish. He gave him another season and that's what we should have all expected. I'm sure he's working through the list of replacements already.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n90139 said:
I agree. Foley deserves criticism for hiring him, but demanding he be fired now is foolish. He gave him another season and that's what we should have all expected. I'm sure he's working through the list of replacements already.
I don't know that he is. I've heard him say he would never be looking for other coaches behind the current head coaches back. He said this on the radio like last year sometime

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n90141 said:
I don't know that he is. I've heard him say he would never be looking for other coaches behind the current head coaches back. He said this on the radio like last year sometime

No way he's sitting there waiting. He might not be having direct contact, but he's got people talking to agents. I don't think there's more than a few folks that actually believe WM will be back in 2015...Foley ain't one of them.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n90145 said:
No way he's sitting there waiting. He might not be having direct contact, but he's got people talking to agents. I don't think there's more than a few folks that actually believe WM will be back in 2015...Foley ain't one of them.

then why didn't he fire him? It seems like he's trying to give him a chance to save his job.

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
t-gator;n90149 said:
then why didn't he fire him? It seems like he's trying to give him a chance to save his job.

Foley has already told Muschamp he's gone. It's up to WM if he wants to resign or be fired. This alleviates all the going behind the back drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.