Does Fred Taylor belong in the NFL Hall of Fame?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I never paid much attention to his stats until now. He was a remarkably durable and consistent back and, unfortunately for him, employed by one of the league's most forgettable franchises.

Had Taylor been drafted by New England, he'd have had over 1,500 yards rushing and long since been voted in. He belongs.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I never paid much attention to his stats until now. He was a remarkably durable and consistent back and, unfortunately for him, employed by one of the league's most forgettable franchises.

Had Taylor been drafted by New England, he'd have had over 1,500 yards rushing and long since been voted in. He belongs.
Impossible! NO ONE has ever done that nor will anyone ever do that! (but I agree with you on everything else!) :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm gonna get some flack because of ES and NA.....but as COMPLETE top to bottom RB'S in UF history FT and John L. Williams are my 2 favorites....both had GREAT hands, and John was a ass kicking blocker and receiver.... Yes I'm biased but both were stupidly underated both at UF and the NFL.
When the football Gods created the physical image of a true great RB with all the tools and football was football not so much sissy passing like today, Fred Taylor would be the image next to the definition of the word Running Back in the football dictionary...In fact watch his videos and tell me ONE time he never went forward for an extra yard or so after first contact....
Give me John L. and FT as my dream backfield....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna get some flack because of ES and NA.....but as COMPLETE top to bottom RB'S in UF history FT and John L. Williams are my 2 favorites....both had GREAT hands, and John was a ass kicking blocker and receiver.... Yes I'm biased but both were stupidly underated both at UF and the NFL.
When the football Gods created the physical image of a true great RB with all the tools and football was football not so much sissy passing like today, Fred Taylor would be the image next to the definition of the word Running Back in the football dictionary...In fact watch his videos and tell me ONE time he never went forward for an extra yard or so after first contact....

I’d take Emmitt and James Jones. Hell, give me Errict Rhett and Neal Anderson.

We’ve had some gooduns.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I’d take Emmitt and James Jones. Hell, give me Errict Rhett and Neal Anderson.

We’ve had some gooduns.
I can't argue with any of those....just my preference based on style I guess....both John L. and FT had AWESOME hands...great size and 2nd gears which made them very effective after catching the ball often turning screens and checkdowns into 20 yard plus gains.....Rhett kinda bombed in the NFL too.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Cbs All Access Reaction GIF by CBS

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rhett kinda bombed in the NFL too.
The hell you talking about? He was the entire Buccaneers offense the first part of his NFL career. Taking as many hits as he did just used his body up quickly. By the time he got traded away he was pretty much used up.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014

I made a tradition of blowing off school and watching our highschools annual track meet the Bradford relays ( yes Starke ) and I had the lifetime lasting memory of watching John L run the 220 yd dash. The dudes thighs were the size of my waist and a blur as he ran past me on the inside lane, sounding like a damn freight train. Needless to say I became a big fan that day.

As for Fred, he probably deserved it over Boselli.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

John L. was fantastic. His switch to FB was selfless. I remember a 60+ yard TD where he broke tackles by almost every defender. Miss
St., I think.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Impossible! NO ONE has ever done that nor will anyone ever do that! (but I agree with you on everything else!) :lol:
old age is a bchhhhh as I do that shttt all the time.......... JohnL was amazing. With him and Neal and Lorenzo we had 3 first round draft choices. Fred was prototypical for a back. fuchss tank black...... Eric R was a monster that loved to play.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator