Driskel and Brissett

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No I never said not drafted. Never ever. I laughed at the first round projections some of you made.

In fact I said he will get drafted bc some of the scouts that look at numbers and not film.

Just like I said Humphreys would go high, and you guys laughed. Its all about the numbers with some teams.

You should wait til camp is over before you celebrate too much. Driskel has been terrible even against the scrubs (other than a couple of runs).

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As for Brissett, he has had a pretty impressive camp. He has been really good in NE's system. I will surprised if he becomes the starter in the future. However, clipboard holders have long careers. This week will be important Brissett.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nce-to-be-new-england-patriots-week-1-starter
http://www.espn.com/blog/new-englan...rting-jacoby-brissett-in-final-preseason-game

I'll be surprised if Driskell lasts past next fall camp if he doesn't switch positions. People get so enamored by his cannon and decide that they can fix his inaccuracy and head problems. They forget his feet aren't inaccurate and actually work pretty darn well all the time. It would be a shame for him not to get a chance to play a position at which he might actually do well already. I don't think it's H back because he isn't really a power runner, doesn't take hits particularly well (he runs around not thru people), and is pretty weak up top so probably can't block. I hope they at least try him in the slot before they flush him.

Brissett, has the advantage in that at Florida he played a year under Weis. A lot of the same principles in the NE offense were from Weis's time there. Weis a horrible, horrible college coach does know how the NFL offense works and is a decent NFL OC.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well it looks like Driskel's best chance to stay on the active roster is if they get rid of the idiot. I doubt more than practice squad after his bad play this preseason if that doesn't happen. I dont see them keeping Driskel over Ponder.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel killed it last night!

And by kill it, I was referring to his chances of making the team...1/4 for 3 yards with 2 picks. Yikes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel killed it last night!

And by kill it, I was referring to his chances of making the team...1/4 for 3 yards with 2 picks. Yikes.
I hope they give him a chance that slot receiver or something.

When they drafted him, they knew he was a huge project.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So they kept the idiot and cut Driskel. I have a feeling Driskel will be placed on the practice squad. Kelvin Taylor was cut also by SF - maybe he gets placed on the practice squad also.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Sucks for kelvin, but he was never going to be an elite NFL guy. Hopefully he picks up somewhere and hangs around a while. Anyone got a list of who actually made it. I know Mac Brown got cut as well by the Redskins.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sucks for kelvin, but he was never going to be an elite NFL guy. Hopefully he picks up somewhere and hangs around a while. Anyone got a list of who actually made it. I know Mac Brown got cut as well by the Redskins.

I think Kelvin's size because of pass blocking in the NFL hurt him as far as making the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.