Driskel Coming off of the Bench Against EKU

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Assuming we put EKU away early, how do you think the QB play is handled? Does Treon play the entire game to get more reps, or do we put JD in when the game is put away? Does he get the standard mop-up duty of turning around and handing the ball off, or do the coaches allow him to throw it at all? I started thinking about this scenario and thought it could go many ways. What are your thoughts?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n98949 said:
Assuming we put EKU away early, how do you think the QB play is handled? Does Treon play the entire game to get more reps, or do we put JD in when the game is put away? Does he get the standard mop-up duty of turning around and handing the ball off, or do the coaches allow him to throw it at all? I started thinking about this scenario and thought it could go many ways. What are your thoughts?

Why would you do that?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n98959 said:
They will let him hand it off and also run some. No passing allowed.

I think they'll let him throw until he makes a stupid mistake.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I thought during Roper's presser he talked about working JD in on a Wildcat package. Seems that may be his only role going forward. Think they have seen enough of the passing. May see some time against Carolina in that role since they are lost at defending it. Hope they work on his ball security first.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n98961 said:
Sooo....you mean just run our normal offense

I would say "+1" or use the :exactly: emote but then it would mean that I have no opinion of my own, so instead I will just laugh. :lol:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n98967 said:
I thought during Roper's presser he talked about working JD in on a Wildcat package. Seems that may be his only role going forward. Think they have seen enough of the passing. May see some time against Carolina in that role since they are lost at defending it. Hope they work on his ball security first.
I've seen enough of him period...and the wildcat. We don't need a wildcat package.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n98970 said:
I've seen enough of him period...and the wildcat. We don't need a wildcat package.

The wildcat helped us score a TD against ugay.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n98970 said:

Don't be surprised if you see it Saturday. Just so Carolina has to waste preparation time on it. Hopefully they'll try a bunch of stuff so Carolina doesn't know what to focus on.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Coach9;n98977 said:
Don't be surprised if you see it Saturday. Just so Carolina has to waste preparation time on it. Hopefully they'll try a bunch of stuff so Carolina doesn't know what to focus on.
Shouldn't we be more focused on the development of our QB than one game?

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's some game film we can send them, it's pretty much what we're going to see with you know who in charge.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n98972 said:
The wildcat helped us score a TD against ugay.
It was from like 2 yards away...we would have been just fine scoring a TD with a normal handoff.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n98986 said:
It was from like 2 yards away...we would have been just fine scoring a TD with a normal handoff.

Just saying. We ran the wildcat twice and we scored on one of those plays.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Ray Finkle;n98980 said:
Shouldn't we be more focused on the development of our QB than one game?

I think 90% of the snaps should be on developing TH. The other 10% give future opponents something to look at. At this point there is no book on us with Harris at QB. Mucking up that other 10% will give them something extra to prepare for. I really hope they work in a 2 minute drill with strictly drop back passing though. Build some confidence for when we need it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope that we blow out Vandy enough to see Driskel come in during the 4th quarter and get some snaps. The truth is that if TH gets hurt Driskel is our guy, so I'd still learn and improve as much as possible just incase.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ATXGator;n99003 said:
I hope that we blow out Vandy enough to see Driskel come in during the 4th quarter and get some snaps. The truth is that if TH gets hurt Driskel is our guy, so I'd still learn and improve as much as possible just incase.
Do you think the team entirely takes their foot off the gas when he comes in?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n99007 said:
Do you think the team entirely takes their foot off the gas when he comes in?

I think if he comes in for mop up duty they do, but they may let him throw some. Who knows. I just hope we see him in a mop up role and not because Treon gets hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator