Driskel & La Tech receive more votes in Coach's Poll than UF

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Let's see...we're on par with Ga. Southern and UNC and we face 6 preseason Top 25 teams, yet I've seen many of you predict us to win 9-10 games. :lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
If this doesn't give our team a chip on their shoulder then I don't know what will...but I doubt the football team really cares at this point.
I'm sure they are chomping at the bit to get back on the field and kick azz.
At the end of the season we'll see where we land in the polls when the dust settles at the Swamp after we put some 'Ninjee Whompin' Action' on the Noles.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n253651 said:
Let's see...we're on par with Ga. Southern and UNC and we face 6 preseason Top 25 teams, yet I've seen many of you predict us to win 9-10 games. :lol:

Because preseason polls mean so much. Not saying we are gonna win 9 games this year, but I don't think anyone knows much about how the seasons gonna play out.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n253664 said:
Because preseason polls mean so much. Not saying we are gonna win 9 games this year, but I don't think anyone knows much about how the seasons gonna play out.

Yet we'd be wetting ourselves if we were ranked in the top 10 preseason.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We'll be a top 20 team by end of year. We'll lose a game we shouldn't at the beginning of the year and we will be feast or famine on offense. But we should be rounding into form by the end.

If we suffer major injuries on the Oline it could be disastrous.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This poll is worthless since it's sponsored by an MLM company.

obviously the Ga Southern coach gave himself one vote and Muschamp talk Malzahn into the other. No way they should have received 2 votes in that poll.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n253671 said:
We'll be a top 20 team by end of year. We'll lose a game we shouldn't at the beginning of the year and we will be feast or famine on offense. But we should be rounding into form by the end.

I agree with this. I believe we will lose a game we shouldn't earlier in the season but also win a few we shouldn't during the year. I think with our defense, if our offense can be serviceable we can be a top 25 team by years end if the O line remains healthy. If not, we could be in for a long year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n253671 said:

I love the optimism and I'm optimistic about the future...just not the present.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n253676 said:
I love the optimism and I'm optimistic about the future...just not the present.

Technically, the 2015 season is currently the future, fall practice hasn't even started.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Wish nothing but the best for Driskel but he's Gator bait now.

We've got a new QB to find and a new Head Coach to lead our team so I'm more interested in finding out how our Gators will transition than dwelling on any underpinnings of hatred toward a player that gave us his all and put up w/more hate than any of us have ever had to or could even understand. :exactly:

:chomp:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So the coaches think we are only better than KY and Vandy in the SEC.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Gator Fever;n253756 said:
So the coaches think we are only better than KY and Vandy in the SEC.

I mean realistically on paper, they're kind of right. However, it could and will probably change.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There is no reason to rank this team in the top 25 after the way they have performed the last two years. This is definitely a "prove it on the field" year for the Gators and McElwain. If we are 4-0 to start the season we will be a ranked team and possibly Top 15 depending on how impressive we look in those wins. If the team shows growth on offense and the D looks nasty then the Gators could surprise some people.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can you imagine how depressing this year would be if Muschamp was still our coach?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.