Driskel & La Tech receive more votes in Coach's Poll than UF

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n253859 said:
The difference is they had a respectable offense while we had...

And my point... Their defense wasn't special, they had a special year and hit opponents at the right time. What daunting offense did they really hold in check?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n254055 said:
Oh ok. Didn't realize early season disasters didn't count. Thanks for clearing that up.

I think that it does somewhat. I mean your record is your record, but those ass whippings they took against Arky, shutout, and in front of the entire nation against TCU, can have a profound effect on the mental outlook of a football team. FTR I believe UF was playing as good or better defensively than anyone in the country at the end of the year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n254059 said:
I think that it does somewhat. I mean your record is your record, but those ass whippings they took against Arky, shutout, and in front of the entire nation against TCU, can have a profound effect on the mental outlook of a football team. FTR I believe UF was playing as good or better defensively than anyone in the country at the end of the year.

I think Ole Miss started to lay down late in the season. Seems like they lost some of their will to fight after the injuries started to mount up. Kinda like our team did in 2013.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n254066 said:
I think Ole Miss started to lay down late in the season. Seems like they lost some of their will to fight after the injuries started to mount up. Kinda like our team did in 2013.

I don't blame them. The end to the Auburn game last year was devastating. Lost their best player and any hopes of a playoff berth in one play. I hate Ole Miss and I felt kinda bad for them after that.

As far as preseason polls go perception is everything. Counting the Idaho game as a win last year we had the same record as:
7. Auburn
11. Notre Dame
13. LSU
19. Oklahoma
20. Arkansas
21. Stanford
25. Tennessee

I don't think we have any right to be ranked ahead of those teams or to be ranked at all, but it is a funny to see how heavily perception influences preseason rankings.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n254500 said:
As far as preseason polls go perception is everything. Counting the Idaho game as a win last year we had the same record as:
Counting the Mizzu, USC and LSU games as wins, we won the east. Then if you count wins over Bammer, OSU and Oregone, we actually won the NC last year.

I guess it depends on how you count.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n255400 said:
Counting the Mizzu, USC and LSU games as wins, we won the east. Then if you count wins over Bammer, OSU and Oregone, we actually won the NC last year.

Seriously?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n255400 said:

You have cable, not Direct TV.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n255400 said:

That is one way of looking at It I guess.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We did? Awesome :shocked:

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;255400 said:

Did you read the post or just the one sentence?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.