Dump Thread

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can we address the Mullen does more with less comments? He doesn’t. To get more with less, is an X and O’s quality. His scheme doesn’t do that. What he is good at is getting players to play to their potential. It’s why people say he has a low ceiling and a high floor. He needs two upgrades in recruiting

NotQyteNeo

May 15, 2018
Can we address the Mullen does more with less comments? He doesn’t. To get more with less, is an X and O’s quality. His scheme doesn’t do that. What he is good at is getting players to play to their potential. It’s why people say he has a low ceiling and a high floor. He needs two upgrades in recruiting

It's "6 of 1, half a dozen of the other" if you ask me. So he - relatively speaking - gets more of his players to "play to their potential". So other coaches do this less. So they do less with more, and Mullen - relatively speaking - does more with less.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So other coaches do this less. So they do less with more, and Mullen - relatively speaking - does more with less.
Except when he lost to Uk, Mizzu, or Arky repeatedly, or ole Miss, or......

Im happy with this year but the glass is definitely half full and there are plenty of troublesome spots on the resume.

NotQyteNeo

May 15, 2018
Except when he lost to Uk, Mizzu, or Arky repeatedly, or ole Miss, or......

Im happy with this year but the glass is definitely half full and there are plenty of troublesome spots on the resume.
MSU most successful period since Sherrill. The guy won at a place where nobody not named Sherrill wins. And he did that in the toughest division in one of the toughest eras for that division. That's a success in my book.

Last edited:

NotQyteNeo

May 15, 2018
MSU most successful period since Sherrill. The guy won at a place where nobody named Sherrill wins. And he did that in the toughest division in one of the toughest eras for that division. That's a success in my book.

I also noticed how much MSU dropped off this year without Mullen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MSU most successful period since Sherrill. The guy won at a place where nobody named Sherrill wins. And he did that in the toughest division in one of the toughest eras for that division. That's a success in my book.
Yes, he was the best since Sherrill, I guess.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Their offense was terrible this year. Their QB who was playing well under Mullen, stunk it up this year.
The myth of Shytzgerald.
--------------------------------Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Shytzgerald 17 (Mullinz)
JR QB 12 159 286 55.6 1782 6.2 5.5 15 11 117.5
Franks 17 (Butters) FR QB 11 125 229 54.6 1438 6.3 5.5 9 8 113.3

Yeah, Ole Shytzgerald was playing well under Mullinz.

NotQyteNeo

May 15, 2018
The myth of Shytzgerald.
--------------------------------Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Shytzgerald 17 (Mullinz)
JR QB 12 159 286 55.6 1782 6.2 5.5 15 11 117.5
Franks 17 (Butters) FR QB 11 125 229 54.6 1438 6.3 5.5 9 8 113.3

Yeah, Ole Shytzgerald was playing well under Mullinz.
And he had the same numbers in his sophomore year?

NotQyteNeo

May 15, 2018
Actually, I'll agree with you on Fitzgerald. He never really did work out. But he's the exception, not the example. How many of Mullen's QBs are playing or have played on Sunday's? And all the SEC analyst/media were talking about how bad MSU's Offense was and how improved UF's was this year.

SEC Rankings:
Franks(Passer Rating)
2017 - 13th
2018 - 7th

Total Offense
2017: 13th
2018: 7th

Most of UFs' offensive numbers are dramatically improved this year. You can't ignore those facts.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, I'll agree with you on Fitzgerald. He never really did work out. But he's the exception, not the example.
I agree. I'm just tired of hearing Shytzgerald. He sucked. A lot.

Franks becoming somewhat competent, at least some of the time, is quite a feather in Mullinz cap. Franksly, I'm surprised. I'm actually wondering who it might look like next year with Franks putting more work in the weight room and running a little better.

Why did you not use the name Quasi? You weren't disliked once the whole Sid thing was over.

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, I'll agree with you on Fitzgerald. He never really did work out. But he's the exception, not the example. How many of Mullen's QBs are playing or have played on Sunday's? And all the SEC analyst/media were talking about how bad MSU's Offense was and how improved UF's was this year.

SEC Rankings:
Franks(Passer Rating)
2017 - 13th
2018 - 7th

Total Offense
2017: 13th
2018: 7th

Most of UFs' offensive numbers are dramatically improved this year. You can't ignore those facts.

Yes there was offensive improvement with UF this year, and no one is arguing otherwise. But to state that MSU has been worse off without him thus far is outright false. Fitzgerald's stats are very similar to last year and I've already mentioned how their record is the same. It's pretty obvious you've been talking out of your butt any time you mention MSU.

It's fine if you want to state "facts" to defend Mullen, but stating your incorrect assumptions as facts is a good way to embarrass yourself.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yes there was offensive improvement with UF this year, and no one is arguing otherwise. But to state that MSU has been worse off without him thus far is outright false. Fitzgerald's stats are very similar to last year and I've already mentioned how their record is the same. It's pretty obvious you've been talking out of your butt any time you mention MSU.

It's fine if you want to state "facts" to defend Mullen, but stating your incorrect assumptions as facts is a good way to embarrass yourself.
"Outright false." Have to call BS on this. This was to be MSU's year. Watch them plummet next year. 8-4 losing to the underdog Gators is not what their fans wanted. Oh, btw, their fans were bragging the new coach ran the same offense. CDM had to make a major change in the offense here.

NotQyteNeo

May 15, 2018

They would not have lost to UF under Mullen(might have beat LSU too). Fitzgerald is the exception, not the example. How many of Mullen's QB's are now or have been playing on Sundays? Win/loss mighty be the same for MSU, but their offense definitely is worse this year. Okay, sure ... it was bad last year and now it's terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.