Dwayne Haskins, running across the interstate drunk and high in the dark, killed by dump truck at 24

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Have you ever seen a dumbass running across the interstate at night on foot?
I have not.

Nothing about what I've read makes any sense.

"on I-595 between Interstate 95 north and south."

That's gotta be just a few feet. It's not like the northbound and southbound lanes are widely split there.

Also, 595 is an overpass there and the eastbound and westbound lanes are on separate overpasses. So where in the Fuchs could he have been going?

Plus it said he was heading to the airport and he was in the westbound lane. If he was in the westbound lane where it intersects 95, then he missed FLL if that's the airport he was headed to.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have not.

Nothing about what I've read makes any sense.

"on I-595 between Interstate 95 north and south."

That's gotta be just a few feet. It's not like the northbound and southbound lanes are widely split there.

Also, 595 is an overpass there and the eastbound and westbound lanes are on separate overpasses. So where in the Fuchs could he have been going?

Plus it said he was heading to the airport and he was in the westbound lane. If he was in the westbound lane where it intersects 95, then he missed FLL if that's the airport he was headed to.
My guess is that he was as high as a kite, and/or drunk as hell. We'll see if the toxicology report is made public.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
And so now...supposedly...they want to investigate this as a homicide. Typical.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My guess is that he was as high as a kite, and/or drunk as hell. We'll see if the toxicology report is made public.

I worked with a broker who was so high once we dared him to swim across the intracoastal by the Royal Park bridge in WP. He actually made it and back. Anyway, that’s the story.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I worked with a broker who was so high once we dared him to swim across the intracoastal by the Royal Park bridge in WP. He actually made it and back. Anyway, that’s the story.
i-love-that-story-peewee.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m gonna need some help finding him.

6ab67cc1c4672fb780cf904f46438538.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know I’m going straight to hell for it, but this thread. :lol:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So every car crash that involves a death starts as a homicide investigation?
Si, with some exceptions of course. Often it is very quickly determined not to be a homicide when it’s an accidental death. Sometimes almost immediately, but it’s far easier if it starts as a homicide investigation then if later it’s determined it should have been a homicide investigation, but it wasn’t handled that way.

Let’s look at this case as an example. The questions that have to be determined early on are, what caused Haskins to pull over? Outta gas, mechanical failure, or did someone sabotage his car or force him off the road? He was apparently hit in a lane of traffic. Did he wander out or was he being chased? It’s been reported that he was hit by a dump truck. Did the truck hit him in their lane of driving or did the driver swerve to hit him? Did the driver stick around or leave the scene? Was Haskins impaired and if so was it self induced or was he drugged? Etc., etc.

Often it gets wrapped up pretty quickly.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Si, with some exceptions of course. Often it is very quickly determined not to be a homicide when it’s an accidental death. Sometimes almost immediately, but it’s far easier if it starts as a homicide investigation then if later it’s determined it should have been a homicide investigation, but it wasn’t handled that way.

Let’s look at this case as an example. The questions that have to be determined early on are, what caused Haskins to pull over? Outta gas, mechanical failure, or did someone sabotage his car or force him off the road? He was apparently hit in a lane of traffic. Did he wander out or was he being chased? It’s been reported that he was hit by a dump truck. Did the truck hit him in their lane of driving or did the driver swerve to hit him? Did the driver stick around or leave the scene? Was Haskins impaired and if so was it self induced or was he drugged? Etc., etc.

It was more of a rhetorical question.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Yeah, with my friend it was just martinis and cocaine.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
His murderer(s) knew that if they called him and pissed him off he'd stop right at that time and get out of his car so that the dump truck that they rented just for this can be driving by just at that time to make it look like an accident.
Or
He missed his exit and because he's stoned he got out of the car to see where he was.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The ‘murder’ scenario could make sense if somehow he and the dump truck driver were in some sort of road rage altercation. Haskins speeds ahead, pulls over and gets out to dare the truck driver to fight him. Instead the driver runs him over.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The how's and why's aren't really important now.
It will all come out in due time.

Maybe a candidate for a Darwin Award.

Just a sad end for a Young man and his loved ones.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wish I had taken a picture, and maybe I will still get one, but this is a similar situation.
:
Driving down to Monterey Bay this past Friday, every CalTrans Amber Alert sign had the message, “Stay alert and watch for Pedestrians”. My wife and I are like, WTF? On the freeway? Then again there were homeless camps everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.