Eagles....wow

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Zambo;n135662 said:
Wasn't somebody on here recently claiming they were the team to beat in the NFC? 3 straight losses and now its doubtful that the team to beat even makes the playoffs.

Yep, that was me. And G2 pretty much nails it. Definitely an overstatement on my part, but that comment was more about Kelly having success in the NFL and the unlikeliness that he'd want to leave a team that was hot at the time to come back to a school and region to which he had no ties. I still stand by that core thought.

But honestly, what we've seen through much of this season is exactly what concerned me about him from the beginning. Those Oregon teams weren't exactly known for their toughness and typically relied on just "out athleting" the opponent, which would notoriously fail at least once a season. Even in their one title game, they faced probably the weakest D in a championship game setting in recent history, and still largely struggled. I'm not saying that his offense isn't great, and won't work in the NFL. But if you look at the SF game early in the season, we had 3rd and goal from the 2 with a minute to play, and opted to throw the ball on 3rd and 4th down, despite having one of the best RBs in the game. Imo, in order to have success in the NFL, sometimes you have to just be able to "nut up" and get 2 yards. That one game is a big part of the reason we're out of the playoffs. And seeing the cowboys trending only makes it worse.

But best of luck to your packers the rest of the way. Personally, I think sports are bad.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n135975 said:
And seeing the cowboys trending only makes it worse.
The Cowboys will be one-and-done in the playoffs, as always. Never underestimate Romo's ability to flub a playoff game. Hell, he's worse than Manning.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
soflagator;n135975 said:
Yep, that was me. And G2 pretty much nails it. Definitely an overstatement on my part, but that comment was more about Kelly having success in the NFL and the unlikeliness that he'd want to leave a team that was hot at the time to come back to a school and region to which he had no ties. I still stand by that core thought.

But honestly, what we've seen through much of this season is exactly what concerned me about him from the beginning. Those Oregon teams weren't exactly known for their toughness and typically relied on just "out athleting" the opponent, which would notoriously fail at least once a season. Even in their one title game, they faced probably the weakest D in a championship game setting in recent history, and still largely struggled. I'm not saying that his offense isn't great, and won't work in the NFL. But if you look at the SF game early in the season, we had 3rd and goal from the 2 with a minute to play, and opted to throw the ball on 3rd and 4th down, despite having one of the best RBs in the game. Imo, in order to have success in the NFL, sometimes you have to just be able to "nut up" and get 2 yards. That one game is a big part of the reason we're out of the playoffs. And seeing the cowboys trending only makes it worse.

But best of luck to your packers the rest of the way. Personally, I think sports are bad.

Edit: I think it was you, Zambo, that was the Packers fan. Maybe DUDE? Anyway, if not, disregard.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
soflagator;n135975 said:
In a nutshell you can't fire a cannon from a canoe....Little wrinkles with hurry up and option are ok and when used properly will be effective. The truth of the matter is though when you use it too much you're just going to be trading scores at best when you play fundamentally sound power football teams which will never win you championships...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n135986 said:
In a nutshell you can't fire a cannon from a canoe....Little wrinkles with hurry up and option are ok and when used properly will be effective. The truth of the matter is though when you use it too much you're just going to be trading scores at best when you play fundamentally sound power football teams which will never win you championships...

If Philly picks up Tebow for power running situations, we'd still be in the playoff picture. There's nothing wrong with the spread and fast pace offense. The issue is not being able to grind out a few yards when you need it. Tebow would've been a perfect fit for that.

And I'm not one of those blind TT supporters either. I think he has a limited skillset that would be a good fit for a team that tries to incorporate spread elements to their offense.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n135976 said:
The Cowboys will be one-and-done in the playoffs, as always. Never underestimate Romo's ability to flub a playoff game. Hell, he's worse than Manning.

We will see. I see the Cowboys beating Detroit in that first playoff game and then giving the Packers all they can handle - it is hard to win at Green Bay however.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n136002 said:
We will see. I see the Cowboys beating Detroit in that first playoff game and then giving the Packers all they can handle - it is hard to win at Green Bay however.
Naw. Lions win. Great defense will force Romo, who will already be playing too tight, into several interceptions.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n136003 said:
Naw. Lions win. Great defense will force Romo, who will already be playing too tight, into several interceptions.

Romo is controlling himself this season. I think that Bulldog will go pick crazy before Romo does.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n136005 said:
Romo is controlling himself this season.
Geez, you sound like the Peyton nutswingers. It's not the playoffs yet. Regular season means nothing. For losers like Manning and Romo, everything changes in the postseason. It's mental. They play too tight and it shows.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n136006 said:
Geez, you sound like the Peyton nutswingers. It's not the playoffs yet. Regular season means nothing. For losers like Manning and Romo, everything changes in the postseason. It's mental. They play too tight and it shows.

Not exactly true. Romo had an interception problem the past few seasons before this one in the regular season and Romo might be 2-2 in the playoffs if not for Seattle WD 40ing the ball before that extra point hold which made the NFL have to change the rules about the home team controlling the balls during the game.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n136008 said:
Not exactly true. Romo had an interception problem the past few seasons before this one in the regular season and Romo might be 2-2 in the playoffs if not for Seattle WD 40ing the ball before that extra point hold which made the NFL have to change the rules about the home team controlling the balls during the game.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edit: What's even funnier than that ridiculous conspiracy theory is that Romo has been a starting NFL QB for like 9 seasons and has only managed 4 playoff games. Tebow started half a season and still got to 2 playoff games. :lol:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n135968 said:
Wrong my friend.....the parody brought on by free agency is what's ruining the game and has been for 20 years.
Its all smoking mirrors.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sofla, I'm not a Packers fan, although I do think they are a cool team. I like their "build through the draft and develop" approach rather than spend all their money on free agents, and I like the public ownership as well. Wouldn't be sorry to see them do well.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n136012 said:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edit: What's even funnier than that ridiculous conspiracy theory is that Romo has been a starting NFL QB for like 9 seasons and has only managed 4 playoff games. Tebow started half a season and still got to 2 playoff games. :lol:

It was obvious to anyone who had an HD feed then and the NFL (while not admitting anything) did change the rules after that not allowing the home teams to control the balls any longer.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n136016 said:
It was obvious to anyone who had an HD feed then and the NFL (while not admitting anything) did change the rules after that not allowing the home teams to control the balls any longer.

So the ref who placed the ball there and the long snapper who grabbed the ball and snapped it with no issues didn't notice the ball had WD-40 on it? Come on, man.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n136008 said:
You must be the only football fan in America that doesn't acknowledge Tony Romo is a big-game choke. Even Cowboys fans admit this.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Zambo;n136015 said:
Sofla, I'm not a Packers fan, although I do think they are a cool team. I like their "build through the draft and develop" approach rather than spend all their money on free agents, and I like the public ownership as well. Wouldn't be sorry to see them do well.

Ok. Yeah I was thinking it may have been someone else but wasn't sure. I also quoted my own post in an attempt to edit the original. Not my finest morning.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorBenji;n136023 said:
Patriots Packers Superbowl... btw who are yall teams if i might ask

Could be. Both look solid right now. Two organizations that clearly know what it takes to win, and do it the right way.

It amazes me how many other teams bumble around in mediocrity or failure, insisting that their way is the correct way, all while teams like NE, GB, and I hate to say it, but Pitt, continue to put out quality teams virtually year in and year out using their proven formula. Considering the ego and money at stake, it's mind boggling.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBenji;n136023 said:
Patriots Packers Superbowl... btw who are yall teams if i might ask

Yep having one of those top QBs like Rogers, Brady , Manning seem to keep teams in contention even when the rest of the roster is depleted sometimes (ever since the salary cap anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator