Early Observations Following UK Game

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
G8rbob;n281934 said:
Without doubt I think Grier had an iffy game. If it was Harris they would be hollering for Grier and vise versa. The D played good with some signs of great. The O left me biting my nails.
I thought Grier played a good game. That mofo always knew when to run and run well he did. He just could not finish enough near the endzone. His first TD run was a thing of beauty. The other play call for a TD was perfect. Other than that we left some points on the field we had to have. Look, the boy is a work in progress. I dont believe in QB arguments. SOS had it figured out. IF the stating pitcher is struggling bring in the reliever. If the fans want to moan and groan fck them. The coaches know better than we do what goes on inside the program and their long term goals. Bottom line for ME. I am going to cheer my ass off for whoever lines up on offense or defense.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gator Fever;n281929 said:
I notice people around the web making excuses for Grier's play and after all the talk leading up to KY I think they would be ragging Harris a bunch hollering for Grier to be put in if the roles were reversed.

Based on what we've seen of Harris, I think it is safe to assume that if he plays that whole game we would have lost. There's a reason Mac decided not to put him in the game even though Grier didn't play that well.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n281942 said:
Based on what we've seen of Harris, I think it is safe to assume that if he plays that whole game we would have lost. There's a reason Mac decided not to put him in the game even though Grier didn't play that well.

100% disagree. Grier had a poor game imo - hopefully he improves a lot by next week.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;281942 said:

Disagree.... Our defense played well enough for either Qb to have won that game...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
1.the defense played well 2. playcalling was predictable 3. grier better learn to slide and protect the ball better 4. the officiating was horrible 5.we seem to get in the redzone and stall 6. harden sucks and will cost us atleast 2 games this year

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great posts from Alex, and Cover2. I will only add that I really like this freshman class. Calloway is for real, Ivey will a be great one, and Jefferson is much better than I expected. During the recruiting process I thought he was a drama queen, but now I'm really glad we got him instead of Cowart.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n281942 said:
:rolleyes: So, VHIII setup one TD and Grier managed another. You think Treon would have done worse. This is silly. You haters would be lambasting Treon if he managed to get shutout for a half by UK.

The reason Grier continued is because he needed to see if it was just a rhythm thing affecting Grier.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gator Fever;n281951 said:
100% disagree. Grier had a poor game imo - hopefully he improves a lot by next week.

I'm probably in the minority when it comes to my assessment of Treon. I think he is a smaller, weaker armed version of Tyler Murphy. He does see things better than Murphy, but he still waits for guys to get open before throwing the ball which Murphy did as well. I think he is a serviceable backup QB and nothing more.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Will got the team in position to score between 21 and 28 points. Some excellent throws and good running ability. Dubster's point on ball security is well taken.

Delay of game cost us on the drive that led to Hardin's blown FG and Dubster is likely right about him costing us down the road.

The play call on the int was good but Will didn't place it well. He's got to be sharper in the red zone. However, from the 5, a run might not have been the worst call on 1st down.

He did well, not great, but it was enough. If Treon had given us the same results I would make the same points.

That said, we've got to do better against UT. The same effort will get us plastered next week.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Watching the replay now towards the end of the 1st half. K. Neal just seriously trucked Towles on a safety blitz. I replayrd it three times for my amusement. It would of been four times, but wifey shut me down.

Mcgee has great hands.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was Mac deploying a double entendre when he said Hardin needed to "get it up"?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Doopree;n281954 said:
I've never celebrated the streak over KY until now which seems to be the silver lining of mediocracy!
Well now the elephant in the room has been outed. We take our highs where we can get them. Since it has been losses by our rivals the last few years I will take wins by us anyday

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bullard was a beast. Defense played well. Vernon is obviously not 100%.

I still do not think we've played anyone decent. This is why you roll with Grier. Get him experience. If Treon transfers, he transfers. His future(outside of an injury to Grier) is as a back up here.

Hardin is brutal right now. The offensive line is really rough too. It is a work in progress.

PS The personal foul on Grier was a bad call. If Grier is going to try to block he becomes in play. He needs to calm it down or he will get hurt.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
In the first two games, the O clicked better with less need for improv when Grier was on the field. The pass protection vs ky seemed to be even worse, so Grier's struggles weren't surprising. Also, Grier's got the stronger arm. Grier gives us a better chance in the long term.

That said, I was starting to wonder if inserting Harris in the 4th quarter might've been a good idea. It's Mac's third game, so I'm not screaming for anyone's head. This year is about developing the program and becoming competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n282121 said:
Bullard was a beast. Defense played well. Vernon is obviously not 100%.

I still do not think we've played anyone decent. This is why you roll with Grier. Get him experience. If Treon transfers, he transfers. His future(outside of an injury to Grier) is as a back up here.

Hardin is brutal right now. The offensive line is really rough too. It is a work in progress.

PS The personal foul on Grier was a bad call. If Grier is going to try to block he becomes in play. He needs to calm it down or he will get hurt.

I normally would agree. That being said, KT was down and play was over. Dirty pool. I'd be pissed if our guy did it because to me it's s dumb chance to take with that field position. UK got lucky in my opinion

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
LongTooth;n282036 said:
Will got the team in position to score between 21 and 28 points. Some excellent throws and good running ability. Dubster's point on ball security is well taken.

Delay of game cost us on the drive that led to Hardin's blown FG and Dubster is likely right about him costing us down the road.

The play call on the int was good but Will didn't place it well. He's got to be sharper in the red zone. However, from the 5, a run might not have been the worst call on 1st down.

He did well, not great, but it was enough. If Treon had given us the same results I would make the same points.

That said, we've got to do better against UT. The same effort will get us plastered next week.
I'm probably going to be plastered either way, but agree that we have to play better.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think the Hardin situation is as dire as it seems. He is striking the ball clean, so it's just some small adjustments. Not saying it's going to happen, but he's not kicking wounded ducks either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.