Eff him: Butters getting hired as head coach of Central Michigan

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There were A LOT of Butters Lovers on this board. Just sayin.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
as far as I know the only football player in the athletic department is Shane Edge.

A punter.

From Marshall.

No idea where you come up with some of this. No "Edge" is listed on the UAA staff page. But, I was surprised that it was possible Marshall also had a punter named Shayne Edge, with a different spelling, but who went to Marshall.

But, turns out you are making up double levels of nonsense as there is no Shayne/Shane Edge on the UAA staff or former Marshall punter named Shane Edge.

Come on, Man! Shayne Edge is perhaps the most iconic Gator punter ever.

This is the guy who's self called fake punt helped boost UF to its first ever SEC Championship. EDGE'S DASH TURNS THE TIDE

He also probably holds the record for late hits by a punter in UF history and holds the unofficial NFL record for largest fight started by a punter -

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shayne Graham is a place kicker who played for the Bengals

But Keiwan Ratliff is on the staff as Assistant Director of Player Personnel.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No idea where you come up with some of this. No "Edge" is listed on the UAA staff page. But, I was surprised that it was possible Marshall also had a punter named Shayne Edge, with a different spelling, but who went to Marshall.

But, turns out you are making up double levels of nonsense as there is no Shayne/Shane Edge on the UAA staff or former Marshall punter named Shane Edge.

Come on, Man! Shayne Edge is perhaps the most iconic Gator punter ever.

This is the guy who's self called fake punt helped boost UF to its first ever SEC Championship. EDGE'S DASH TURNS THE TIDE

He also probably holds the record for late hits by a punter in UF history and holds the unofficial NFL record for largest fight started by a punter -

Classic play that doesn't get nearly the recognition it deserves. Happened right in front of me and my parents. Ballsy move that more punters should do. It's there way more often than gets exploited, and puts defenses in that awkward spot of having to come right back out unexpectedly, like a turnover. Pretty sure in this case it led to a TD pass to JJ the very next play.

To be clear, I'm talking about the '93 SECCG mentioned, not the actual video clip of Edge posted above. No way would I'd be there in that setting with a bunch of drunk steel workers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No idea where you come up with some of this.
Curtis Head is the Marshall punter and the only "football player" in UAA.... if consider you punters football players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, Sheriff of Rottingham, sober up.
Sorry, I thought only Sas was a punter. Didnt know you were, too. You know you get mad respect from me.

Even if you were a kicker/punter. Im sure you were more of Pietro type punter/kicker than the, well, flamboyant types.

And of course Im talking about outside of the football staff. Player Development is of course a football staffer.

Last edited:

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Classic play that doesn't get nearly the recognition it deserves. Happened right in front of me and my parents. Ballsy move that more punters should do. It's there way more often than gets exploited, and puts defenses in that awkward spot of having to come right back out unexpectedly, like a turnover. Pretty sure in this case it led to a TD pass to JJ the very next play.

To be clear, I'm talking about the '93 SECCG mentioned, not the actual video clip of Edge posted above. No way would I'd be there in that setting with a bunch of drunk steel workers.

My parents, my wife & I were in the north end zone of Legion field that day, the first of four straight SECCG games I attended while living on Sand Mtn. in NE AL.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My parents, my wife & I were in the north end zone of Legion field that day, the first of four straight SECCG games I attended while living on Sand Mtn. in NE AL.

Nice. Didn't make '92, so was glad I got to see one at the original site before they moved it, even though I was deathly sick at the time and sat in cold rain. I got 3 straight, but stopped after '95.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.