Emory Jones film study

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
THE most impressive thing to me is how Dan has three QBs ready to play from day one it appears.........when we could not find good QB play most of the last 10 yrs or so...............it was the coaching because we actually had about 3 or four that could actually run an offense........if we had had one...............

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Well, it's just common sense, especially considering Franks' flaws and that Jones is the future. But yea, it does point out the terrible coaching we got from chump and mackerel.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well, it's just common sense, especially considering Franks' flaws and that Jones is the future. But yea, it does point out the terrible coaching we got from chump and mackerel.
Now it occurs to me I want Jacoby Brissett to write a tell all one day about his experience in the shttt show..........He is obviously a talented guy and can run a team. Never saw his team beating KC. They must have an amazing Def. coordinator.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I like this guy ... BUT ... he is always so positive about all our QBs when he breaks it down that it makes me kinda take what he is saying with a grain of salt.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This what I was trying to tell you guys in the other thread, that EJ is one bad dude. And now that he has gotten enough practice time, S&C, and a bit of live action, he is ready or very close to being ready. And once he is inserted as the starter, I think we are going to be very happy with the QB position.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
This what I was trying to tell you guys in the other thread, that EJ is one bad dude. And now that he has gotten enough practice time, S&C, and a bit of live action, he is ready or very close to being ready. And once he is inserted as the starter, I think we are going to be very happy with the QB position.

I think he is close and I am glad to see it. If Trask goes down we will really need him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im going to disagree a little on that three verts max protect vs cover 3. Sometimes, they just guess right. I wish he would have either put it someplace that only his receiver could have gotten it, on the sideline, back shoulder maybe, or just put it in the stands. He moved the safety with his eyes, but none of the receivers were close to being open. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

Or better plays. SOS's had reads. The receivers ran different routes if they saw three high etc.

He looks great though. He will be ready when we need him and a star.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Love his videos. Hope he goes back to the “good and bad” model he used after the Miami game. Would like to see some of the issues too.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Im going to disagree a little on that three verts max protect vs cover 3. Sometimes, they just guess right. I wish he would have either put it someplace that only his receiver could have gotten it, on the sideline, back shoulder maybe, or just put it in the stands. He moved the safety with his eyes, but none of the receivers were close to being open. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

Or better plays. SOS's had reads. The receivers ran different routes if they saw three high etc.

He looks great though. He will be ready when we need him and a star.
What I worry about is next year. Trask has been surprisingly good, accurate, finds the right man, and most of all is undefeated, so definitely hasn't done anything to lose the job. And EJ seems content to get in for a few plays a game and celebrate the wins with the guys, but if we finish strong this year under Trask and both are back next year, you got to figure at some point Jone's patience is going to wear out. I can't imagine Mullen would let Jones get away, but it could be a tricky situation. Considering the risk of injury at the position along with Trask's apparently huge blindspot when DE's are bearing down on him, it could very well take care of itself. Hopefully not that way though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Love his videos. Hope he goes back to the “good and bad” model he used after the Miami game. Would like to see some of the issues too.
Yeah, that is the thing about this dude, he only posts the good stuff. For example, that Perine run, we've run many dozens of times and Perine normally gets blasted in the backfield. He doesn't mention that.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
What I worry about is next year. Trask has been surprisingly good, accurate, finds the right man, and most of all is undefeated, so definitely hasn't done anything to lose the job. And EJ seems content to get in for a few plays a game and celebrate the wins with the guys, but if we finish strong this year under Trask and both are back next year, you got to figure at some point Jone's patience is going to wear out. I can't imagine Mullen would let Jones get away, but it could be a tricky situation. Considering the risk of injury at the position along with Trask's apparently huge blindspot when DE's are bearing down on him, it could very well take care of itself. Hopefully not that way though.

So you are worried about finishing strong with Trask and losing EJ because Trask leads this team to a great year this year. That makes no sense.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After watching EJ throw a few balls in the last couple games I'm not the least bit worried about him taking over at some point. I think he's gonna be a good one for us. Personally I like the drop back passing attack we've been seeing, but you combine that with a qb that can take off and run/scramble and its deadly in cfb. Add his ability to the run option game and we've really got something. I think Mullen is just trying to work him in slowly so he can get some experience but without putting the whole game in his hands just yet. The dude is probably going to be our starter the next two years.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So you are worried about finishing strong with Trask and losing EJ because Trask leads this team to a great year this year. That makes no sense.
What do you consider a great year, 10-2 and a meaningless bowl win? Sure, if we somehow win a championship with Trask, then hell yeah, no QB controversy. But EJ is the future and it wouldn't be very smart to lose him to transfer. Who knows, maybe he's willing to spend another year as a backup but I kind of doubt it.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
What do you consider a great year, 10-2 and a meaningless bowl win? Sure, if we somehow win a championship with Trask, then hell yeah, no QB controversy. But EJ is the future and it wouldn't be very smart to lose him to transfer. Who knows, maybe he's willing to spend another year as a backup but I kind of doubt it.

Man, you have really been pushing this narrative and there is nothing really to basis it on. I have no concept of what a great year is for this team because they keep moving the idea further down the road than I thought possible at the beginning of this season. I like EJ and think he can be really good ... but there is nothing so far to show that 'he is the future'. In fact, I would say quite opposite. At no point has he ever been our #2 QB until Franks got hurt and Trask took over. They both have the same amount of time in this system. They both have been fighting for scrap reps as well. And it is Trask that has led us to where we are at right now.

If we have a great season, and Trask comes back ... Trask will be the obvious starter and #1 going into Spring Ball. If EJ is the future, then I guess he will have to earn it. And despite your constant narrative that he is the future, he aint earned it yet.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Man, you have really been pushing this narrative and there is nothing really to basis it on. I have no concept of what a great year is for this team because they keep moving the idea further down the road than I thought possible at the beginning of this season. I like EJ and think he can be really good ... but there is nothing so far to show that 'he is the future'. In fact, I would say quite opposite. At no point has he ever been our #2 QB until Franks got hurt and Trask took over. They both have the same amount of time in this system. They both have been fighting for scrap reps as well. And it is Trask that has led us to where we are at right now.

If we have a great season, and Trask comes back ... Trask will be the obvious starter and #1 going into Spring Ball. If EJ is the future, then I guess he will have to earn it. And despite your constant narrative that he is the future, he aint earned it yet.
You honestly seem to be the one obsessed with it. Short of winning a championship this year, it is my opinion that given an ultimatum of having to pick one or the other next year, I think Mullen would do whatever it takes to keep Jones because he is the more talented QB and fits Mullen's scheme much better. I'm not asking you to agree because I don't care if you do or don't. If Jones hit the transfer portal he would be recruited to places like Bama or OK or Clemson, etc. There is no way we would let this happen. Maybe there is a way to keep them both happy, but I doubt Jones is interested in another year on the bench.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Whatever ... you talking what ifs about crap next year that really don't mean squat right now.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

If Trask finishes strong he could go into the draft. Compare him and Franks (who may also go despite he injury). If you’re an NFL team, which one shows the better decision making? Franks has more arm strength, but not that much more and Trask seems ahead on decision making, accuracy and release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.