Emory Jones joins Tim Tebow in elite company

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t disagree with the overall point but Franks was way better than Emory as a passer.
that's crazy talk.

Frank's had a big arm but he was wildly inaccurate and had a very Dipshytlike giant wind up. actually that's probably an insult to Dipshyt.

I think EJ right now is just struggling with those early interceptions and holding on to the ball too long. it's too bad he didn't get any reps and development the last 3 years, so he was comfortable passing.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Emory has played well against UT. I think he is really gaining confidence and if he can continue to play at this level or better our offense will continue to be very good.

It will be interesting to see what happens as he plays against better defenses.

I need improved ball placement and more than 2-3 passes complete 10+ yards down the field. I'm not asking him to be Trask, but I am seeing opposing DC's loaded the box more and more until all short routes are taken away. Dan has been great at scheming, but at some point we need to do some things to consistently make the defense have some depth. Granted, we need to call more deep shots as well. We've blocked pretty well for the pass.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t disagree with the overall point but Franks was way better than Emory as a passer.
:drunk:

Franks was one of the worst passers ever to wear the O&B. Jones is a superior passer, but that isn't saying much.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
:scoff:

speak for yourself loser.
R.35f29bcaac7bc659bbcd0b29c0959ddd

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I need improved ball placement and more than 2-3 passes complete 10+ yards down the field. I'm not asking him to be Trask, but I am seeing opposing DC's loaded the box more and more until all short routes are taken away. Dan has been great at scheming, but at some point we need to do some things to consistently make the defense have some depth. Granted, we need to call more deep shots as well. We've blocked pretty well for the pass.

Definitely still room for improvement, but I like the fact that he has improved and am hoping he continues to move forward.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'll be watching to see if Stoops crowds the los early tomorrow night to see if he can rattle Jones into an early mistake....if he does what will Mullen counter with to settle Jones down....or does he start rotating?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not too shabby.

Florida football: Emory Jones joins Tim Tebow in exclusive club

Florida football star Emory Jones joins Tim Tebow in elite company after what he did to Tennessee on Saturday night.

Jones used his arms and his legs to crush the Gators’ SEC East rival in The Swamp. He completed 21-of-27 passes for 209 yards and touchdowns through the air, as well as having 15 carries for 144 yards on the ground. Florida won 38-14 to improve to 3-1 on the year. Jones joined Tebow as the only other Florida player with two passing touchdowns and 140 rushing yards in a game.

you are nearly as big of a douche nozzle as dildo Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator