Emory Jones transfers to Arizona State and gets benched; now looking to get benched at Cincy

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I'd have no problem with BN cutting this boy and relegating him to the status he deserves (loser), but I fear Emory will take up a roster spot, just because BN is that nice a guy. So help me God, if Emory takes another snap as QB.....

ETA: It would be classic if Eddie got some low-level coaching job in the coming days and not even HE took Emory Jones. Fuchs them both.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'd have no problem with BN cutting this boy and relegating him to the status he deserves (loser), but I fear Emory will take up a roster spot, just because BN is that nice a guy. So help me God, if Emory takes another snap as QB.....
Maybe DB? Or long snapper. :)

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

ETA: It would be classic if Eddie got some low-level coaching job in the coming days and not even HE took Emory Jones. Fuchs them both.
No. What would be classic would be CBN turning EJ into a good QB and totally dispelling forever the bogus claim Cousin Eddie is some kind of QB whisperer.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I fully admit to being no expert at scouting talent and totally respect those who are. I'm wondering too if maybe the new staff thinks EJ's issues are fixable. Perhaps they see something most of us - especially folks like me - don't and think the last staff didn't know how get EJ where he needs to be. Would any of us doubt the possibility that the previous staff effed EJ up? We'll know soon enough I expect.

A total waste of time and energy.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I fully admit to being no expert at scouting talent and totally respect those who are. I'm wondering too if maybe the new staff thinks EJ's issues are fixable. Perhaps they see something most of us - especially folks like me - don't and think the last staff didn't know how get EJ where he needs to be. Would any of us doubt the possibility that the previous staff effed EJ up? We'll know soon enough I expect.

I swear to god if Napier trots #5 out to start against Utah......

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have any I'll feelings toward the kid, but I don't ever want to see him on the field again in any capacity. He's not fast enough for skill positions and there's no one that's going to fix him at qb. He doesn't have the fast process ability and that's not something you can teach. He's taking up a roster spot and I'd prefer someone else have it who has a chance to contribute.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What I really want to know is why we don’t have a witty thread title update concerning these recent developments?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not concerned. IF he stays and IF he plays, at whatever position, he will earn it because the old staff is gone. It's up to him. He's got a mountain to climb whichever way he goes.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
What I really want to know is why we don’t have a witty thread title update concerning these recent developments?
For real, it's just turning away clicks from potential ledge jumpers.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Sometimes players can make a big jump in an offseason. But with Emory, he’s not a true or redshirt freshman. He’s been coached and progressed steadily. He was outplayed repeatedly by true and redshirt freshmen last fall.

No, I don’t think the previous staff failed him. Mullen coaches QBs well but Emory just could not make the timely reads or deliver the ball accurately.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I dont really think he was and I really think muLLLLLLen has received way too much credit for being a developer of QBs.
Natural true talent has done well under Mullen- Tebow, Prescott, Trask. That's it! Those guys would have been fine without Mulldumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator