Emory Jones transfers to Arizona State and gets benched; now looking to get benched at Cincy

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
That was a great one. McCaslin from RB to LB wasn’t as good but he played pretty well.

My favorite switch was Wilber Marshal. Hel was a TE and switched to OLB because Cris Faulkner and Mike Mularkey were excellent players ahead of him. Crazy great move.

another good switch was Collinworth moving from QB to receiver, worked out pretty good.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Why would BN offer him anything? In this day and age a scholly/roster spot is important. Better to give that up to someone else because as classy as EJ is, he's proven himself to be a subpar QB and he's unproven at anything else. So, anyone getting his scholly is equal to him.

To perhaps reward him as a good Gator and due to the idea that he might be a good combination player who would give our opponents lots to plan for. I bet we will have room as well. I don't expect him to even consider it, since he obviously thinks he is still an NFL type QB.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was there. The Rice game in Houston in 77. More Gators in the stands than Owls. Forgot the score but we kicked some azz that day.

No way Joe. I was at that game too. Thought we'd found our quarterback. Little did I know.

We we're visiting a guy who was head of Astroworld at the time. He'd just built a new Coaster. I hate roller coasters. But whada ya do? If it was his baby, I had to ride it. (Five fricking times after the park closed). Years before that I had to do the same thing when he'd just opened the scream machine in hot Lanta.

I had no problem being Cat launched off a carrier or riding along for a carrier landing. I didn't really worry too much when I was winched down from a chopper to a destroyer. I had a real problem with coasters.

Last edited:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess not many teams are interested.

@mzenitz: An update on Florida QB Emory Jones:

Had been expected to enter the transfer portal but hasn’t officially done so at this point and, per sources, is still with the team at Florida. Is enrolled in classes and took part in a team meeting yesterday.

Emory Jones - Florida Gators - QB

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

Had been expected to enter the transfer portal but hasn’t officially done so at this point and, per sources, is still with the team at Florida. Is enrolled in classes and took part in a team meeting yesterday.

I am happy with that if it means that he is switching positions.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It's my understanding teams can't recruit him until he enters the portal. Maybe he's having second thoughts but he has to enter to be wooed.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

If he does return, do you think he beats out Kitna for the 4th string QB spot?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Im in the minority on this one based on my look across other sites and here, but Im glad he is coming back. Maybe he changes positions and maybe he doesn't, but at least he gets development from someone other than muLLLLLLen. His problems were not throwing his receivers open (waiting to long) and not going through the progressions. Im not expert, but it seems like those are things that are coachable. Plus, there isn't a single coach on this staff who feels loyal to him. Maybe he competes at QB and sees he won't be the starter and decides to transfer after spring ball or change positions. This problem will work itself out and him staying does have an outcome that could make us better.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Im in the minority on this one based on my look across other sites and here, but Im glad he is coming back. Maybe he changes positions and maybe he doesn't, but at least he gets development from someone other than muLLLLLLen. His problems were not throwing his receivers open (waiting to long) and not going through the progressions. Im not expert, but it seems like those are things that are coachable. Plus, there isn't a single coach on this staff who feels loyal to him. Maybe he competes at QB and sees he won't be the starter and decides to transfer after spring ball or change positions. This problem will work itself out and him staying does have an outcome that could make us better.

Some very good points....I hope you are right.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I fully admit to being no expert at scouting talent and totally respect those who are. I'm wondering too if maybe the new staff thinks EJ's issues are fixable. Perhaps they see something most of us - especially folks like me - don't and think the last staff didn't know how get EJ where he needs to be. Would any of us doubt the possibility that the previous staff effed EJ up? We'll know soon enough I expect.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021

Just when I was having a good day. Goddamit. I knew this would happen. I questioned the outcome when no one else wanted him, and here we are. He'd hit that portal NOW if he knew he had a taker, but he has none. Cousin Eddie is the gift that keeps on giving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator