Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't she asking for $10 million?
No, she was asking for 75 mil :facepalm:

Im sure if law or Alex wanted to chime in they could tell you in these type of lawsuits, the big money comes from the prosecution being able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that there was serious damages in lost wages, loss of career or career opportunity, etc. Proving that the video severely damaged her life professionally and monetarily is how you get the big payout. Simply saying emotional pain and suffering is much harder because its subjective and for that reason usually doesn't end up paying as much. There's no chance of them even trying to argue loss of wages/career opportunity, etc in this one, its been the opposite. All she has is emotional damage so basically her emotional damage is worth 55 mil? I feel bad for winstons victim, she gets raped and then destroyed in the media and gets a couple hundred grand :facepalm:

I will say this though, kudos to her bloodthirsty lawyers, she got her money's worth from them. :shakehead:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure Ox would change his mind if Erin pledged to donate just about any amount of money to gatorchatter.com :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure Ox would change his mind if Erin pledged to donate just about any amount of money to gatorchatter.com :lol:
Who says she hasn't? :suspect:

Who says she isn't already a member? :suspect2:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
she should get plenty, but there is a fair way to determine the amount. Find someone of her stature who has posed in Playboy.

This is where I'm thinking in another 2-3 yrs, as the announcing gig starts to wind down, she does a "spread" for Playboy. Yeah.

Wait, I read that the Marriot front desk guy had a copy of the DVD and showed it to a
group of other employees at their favorite lunchtime restaurant. That story continues
that a waitress (trial witness) saw what they were doing and had to tell them to put it away.
Is that all I-net bogusity ?

Hadn't heard any of that. Closest I've heard was the defense lawyer in this case was showing it to friends at lunch.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, she was asking for 75 mil :facepalm:

Im sure if law or Alex wanted to chime in they could tell you in these type of lawsuits, the big money comes from the prosecution being able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that there was serious damages in lost wages, loss of career or career opportunity, etc. Proving that the video severely damaged her life professionally and monetarily is how you get the big payout. Simply saying emotional pain and suffering is much harder because its subjective and for that reason usually doesn't end up paying as much. There's no chance of them even trying to argue loss of wages/career opportunity, etc in this one, its been the opposite. All she has is emotional damage so basically her emotional damage is worth 55 mil? I feel bad for winstons victim, she gets raped and then destroyed in the media and gets a couple hundred grand :facepalm:

I will say this though, kudos to her bloodthirsty lawyers, she got her money's worth from them. :shakehead:

I may be wrong, but I don't think civil cases require there to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt. And I'm not sure of this either, but I don't think that all the the jurors have to choose a side. I think it's just majority.

But I'm probably wrong.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Marriott isn't even involved anymore. It is a franchise so Marriott is off the hook. She sued some MGMT company. She had to amend her lawsuit after Marriott was off the hook. Cash grab. Love Erin but that's all this was.

Seems excessive.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
She deserves every penny!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can't the amount of the award be appealed & reduced, using only a judge to overrule ?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I may be wrong, but I don't think civil cases require there to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt. And I'm not sure of this either, but I don't think that all the the jurors have to choose a side. I think it's just majority.

But I'm probably wrong.
Yea that's true, reasonable doubt isn't the amount, my bad. But you get the overall concept of what I was saying - big money comes from showing actually monetary damage from lost wages, career, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.