Even GatorCountry is Piling on

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since I have no idea what sites are Gator knob slobbers and which ones are not, is 247 one that kneels and sux off Cousin Eddie or are they objective?

They have been very pro mullen except for Recruiting until recently. They like the Gainesville media is starting to see the flaws... shockingly.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
All these guys talked tough last week. However after Mullen sweet talked them today they are acting like their taking back the ex who promises “they’ve changed this time”

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
any truth to the rumor that lee begley/davis is mullens slam piece?

asking for a friend... :grin:
I saw some comment about that and the comment itself made no sense.

it said Christian Robinson was the recruiting coordinator at Cowbell and got replaced by Begley because she was Hunchbacking. However, Robinson and 3rd and Grantham were only at Cowbell for one year, and probably not quite a year. Robinson was only a Grad Assistant not an RC.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I see that after the Samford game, our old friend Tilly Flanders started a thread over there in defense of Mullen. He says Mullen deserves at least another year.

Yes, you read that right. The guy who Ox once invited to be a moderator here is now over there defending Cousin Eddie. His argument is that Jimbo's W-L record at Texas A&M is comparable to Mullen's at Florida, and Jimbo is not on the hot seat, therefore Mullen should not be, either.

I do not think Tilly Flanders would have had a successful career as a moderator on this site. :shakehead:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
His argument is that Jimbo's W-L record at Texas A&M is comparable to Mullen's at Florida, and Jimbo is not on the hot seat, therefore Mullen should not be, either.
It's a fair discussion to have but very quickly it ends with, A&M's incredible and unnecessary over payment for mediocrity is not an excuse or reason for UF to endure a horrible coach, staff and roster. A&M's recklessness is a model for what not to do- guaranteeing millions. Where was Jambo going to go? Did he and his agent threaten to take their ball and leave?

At least you can say about A&M that they are recruiting very well. Their HC and staff appear to be competent and hard working. Accumulating NFL talent gives them a shot at winning. At least they won't likely get embarrassed by deeper and more talented teams. UF though? Who would bet on our incompetent, unmotivated, misguided staff?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
It's a fair discussion to have but very quickly it ends with....
Sorry man, but no. Very quickly is not quick enough. As many of even the soft Beta Countryfolk said in that thread, it's a totally irrelevant discussion to have.

"Whataboutism" is not any kind of rational argument to use in defense of Mullen. He has been judged on his own merits and has been found egregiously wanting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I see that after the Samford game, our old friend Tilly Flanders started a thread over there in defense of Mullen. He says Mullen deserves at least another year.

Yes, you read that right. The guy who Ox once invited to be a moderator here is now over there defending Cousin Eddie. His argument is that Jimbo's W-L record at Texas A&M is comparable to Mullen's at Florida, and Jimbo is not on the hot seat, therefore Mullen should not be, either.

I do not think Tilly Flanders would have had a successful career as a moderator on this site. :shakehead:
How about I send you back over there permanently?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How about I send you back over there permanently?
giphy.gif

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Am I the only one who pictured @oxrageous hiking up his britches before typing that?
Close, but I pictured him hiking up his britches after he typed it, accompanied by a loud sniff from one nostril.

It's the patented move that Don Knotts initially introduced as Barney Fife on The Andy Griffith Show, and later perfected as Mr. Furley on Three's Company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator