Fall Camp: Start Date Aug 17th

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Couple things I’ve read:

Looks like Bogle is overcoming Moon at Buck.

Justin Shorter is terrible.

A bunch of players are getting reps at linebacker. Nobody really standing out yet.

Cox, who I thought would get Buck, is still at SDE and Carter is getting cross trained between SDE and DT depending on the front alignment.

Slaton has been dominant

White is locking down Center.
Great stuff J, many thanks!

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
This is pretty amazing to me. Both Rivals and 247 had him as a 5* coming out of HS and he was the #3 and #1 WR respectively. How did they get it so wrong?

Shorter has weight issues and I'm not gonna place all the blame on the coach but Penn St had been employing a bunch of Kerry Dixon's as coaches and is a large part of why Penn states receivers are not getting any better than when they were recruited. Hammler was only good because he had elite speed

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is pretty amazing to me. Both Rivals and 247 had him as a 5* coming out of HS and he was the #3 and #1 WR respectively. How did they get it so wrong?

I could see a few things here. It's undoubtedly a transition from what he's been used to at Psu. It may take him time to really acclimate to the speed and new system. But his history up to this point also makes me wonder if perhaps this is more of a motivation issue. Some players, regardless of how talented they are and how gifted they are physically--not to mention how badly some of us want to see them put it together--just don't have that love for the game that drives them. You'd think the new environment and opportunity would get that going if it was there, and it still could. Maybe something changes, but rarely if ever am I hanging my hopes on a transfer.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I could see a few things here. It's undoubtedly a transition from what he's been used to at Psu. It may take him time to really acclimate to the speed and new system. But his history up to this point also makes me wonder if perhaps this is more of a motivation issue. Some players, regardless of how talented they are and how gifted they are physically--not to mention how badly some of us want to see them put it together--just don't have that love for the game that drives them. You'd think the new environment and opportunity would get that going if it was there, and it still could. Maybe something changes, but rarely if ever am I hanging my hopes on a transfer.

see Derrick Coleman

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GrahamHall_: May come as no surprise but I’m told there will be no Homecoming parade or Gator Growl at @UF this year. Florida faculty voting to move the day off to Dec. 24 so as not to take away class time during Fall semester.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What does a center need to do that is difficult for a big man like Ethan White to do ?
Bend over a lot.

Stay low and beat defensive tackles. pad level wins usually. most nose tackles are 6'2" to 6'4" kind of guys for a reason. White is freakishly strong though. I really doubt this is going to be a problem.

Pull a lot in Mullinz system although we haven't seen much of that lately. I think why don't you find it this he's got pretty good feet for a giant dude.

White vs Eguakan is a no brainer in my book.

Heggie would be nice if he could stay healthy 15 mins in a row.

You DONT want to be switching centers. Center makes all the line calls and is critical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator