Fall Camp: Start Date Aug 17th

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I don't know how proven Toney is. He's returned kicks and when he's in for a series he usually does some kind of trick play and everyone knows it. He needs to be put wide as a receiver and see if he can runs routes, catch and block all the way through a whole drive, not just a spot here and there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to be put wide as a receiver and see if he can runs routes, catch and block all the way through a whole drive, not just a spot here and there.
you don't think they know the answer to that question already and that's why they don't put him in?

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
at what?

touching the ball two or three times a game and losing yardage about 50% of the time because he's running backwards?

this whole thing is a weird quote.

first, NO ONE has production outside of the top three or four receivers. Spurrier didn't. Hell Mullinz doesnt even have production in his top three or four, that's why his receivers don't break the top 100 usually.

Second, "at least we know what we're getting" I know what we're getting and what we're getting is basically nothing. Dudes with pulses. dudes with more hype than production.

And apparently we are getting guys that aren't dedicated to the team. This is the concern because winning teams are families. This team has big chemistry problems, only one of these visible problems is a Butters player.
So why are you arguing? You literally agreed within your own post. Your direct quote is “NO ONE has production outside of the top three or four receivers.”
And that’s all I’m saying. It’s really not that confusing. For some reason you like to disagree with me so you’ll pretend that it’s confusing. But last I checked Toney and Copeland we’re apart of our top 4 receivers. So by your own admission they fit the criteria as experienced returners.

You really confuse the hell out of me sometimes.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
you don't think they know the answer to that question already and that's why they don't put him in?

The constant criticism of Toney by this staff is that he is a terrible route runner. They simply do not trust him. I have my doubts this has suddenly changed. He will get his chance to prove himself. The guys behind him are as green as he is. Being freshman or redshirt freshman, they have an excuse. What is his?

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
The constant criticism of Toney by this staff is that he is a terrible route runner. They simply do not trust him. I have my doubts this has suddenly changed. He will get his chance to prove himself. The guys behind him are as green as he is. Being freshman or redshirt freshman, they have an excuse. What is his?
Toney should have roomed with Van Jefferson and learned how to play the game correctly.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Couple things I’ve read:

Looks like Bogle is overcoming Moon at Buck.

Justin Shorter is terrible.

A bunch of players are getting reps at linebacker. Nobody really standing out yet.

Cox, who I thought would get Buck, is still at SDE and Carter is getting cross trained between SDE and DT depending on the front alignment.

Slaton has been dominant

White is locking down Center.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Makes me think he just doesn't want to put in the work. Shame really, because with his cutting ability he could literally be open on every play.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Couple things I’ve read:

A bunch of players are getting reps at linebacker. Nobody really standing out yet.

Cox, who I thought would get Buck, is still at SDE and Carter is getting cross trained between SDE and DT depending on the front alignment.

Slaton has been dominant

Tall, 230lb WR, that can't keep the weight off and isn't cutting as a receiver. Plus a need for Linebackers, specifically with weight. Do we have a coach tell Shorter he's switching positions, or do we throw 20 bucks to the drive-thru girl at Wendy's to relay the news?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Couple things I’ve read:

Slaton has been dominant

The Shorter thing does not surprise me at all. Moon is a joke. I feel bad for him. He is playing the wrong position.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Couple things I’ve read:

Slaton has been dominant

What does a center need to do that is difficult for a big man like Ethan White to do ?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Looks like Lingard is beasting it. Gets a crease. And is gone.

Couple things I’ve read:

Slaton has been dominant

Where are you getting this info and why don't you stop being a dick and post a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator