Fall Practice

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
That's kinda where I am. I want to see an observable difference with the offense's production this year. 1st downs, scoring, everything needs to improve. We'll take a step back on Defense because of all the NFL talent we lost last year, and if we're honest, Mac hasn't done nearly as well recruiting the D side as Muschamp did. They're close to polar opposites. Muschamp recruited Defense and let the Offense go to crap, where Mac recruits Offense better but the Defensive talent is waning. Either way, Mac was hired to win first, and bring Offense back to UF. He's winning more than I expected with the mess he was left, but the Offense has gone backwards, not forwards. That has to turn around this year. I doubt the Defense will be good enough to keep us in the close games this year. He's gonna have to make it happen with Offense.
I really think that you have to wait on at least 1/2 of this year before you rate Mac as a recruiter. One third of his playing recruits have not played a down yet, but a lot of them will play on more than special teams this year. Some will probably start.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The freshmen and transfers learning the fight song.

That's Zaire in the orange jersey showing all the enthusiasm. The kid loves the spotlight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Clearly they are all stoned.

Sure hope we see more enthusiasm and less confusion in a few weeks. I can't be the only person he's damn tired of losing to meatchicken.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we're staring at the hand dealt. Week out. Game on or hold on. Go Gators!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We could use some grown azz men on the field, amen :fistbump:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
That's kinda where I am. I want to see an observable difference with the offense's production this year. 1st downs, scoring, everything needs to improve. We'll take a step back on Defense because of all the NFL talent we lost last year, and if we're honest, Mac hasn't done nearly as well recruiting the D side as Muschamp did. They're close to polar opposites. Muschamp recruited Defense and let the Offense go to crap, where Mac recruits Offense better but the Defensive talent is waning. Either way, Mac was hired to win first, and bring Offense back to UF. He's winning more than I expected with the mess he was left, but the Offense has gone backwards, not forwards. That has to turn around this year. I doubt the Defense will be good enough to keep us in the close games this year. He's gonna have to make it happen with Offense.
You said he's winning more than I expected with the mess he was left with, but you said Muschamp recruited defense and let offense go to crap. While Mac has recruited offense but the defensive talent is waning. Offense has gone backwards, not forward. So when I put all that together it sounds to me like Mac has been winning the games that you said you were not expecting with the talent that Muschamp brought in so in turn he's winning games with what he was left with and not with what he's bringing in. Sounds like the mess is whats winning the games and not what Mac is bringing in. Were in a lot of trouble based on all of that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The freshmen and transfers learning the fight song.

That's Zaire in the orange jersey showing all the enthusiasm. The kid loves the spotlight.

How could somebody possibly not like Zaire after that? I hope this kid takes the reins and leads us to a great season.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After watching that video, I still say Zaire starts regardless of how Franks has performed in camp. It's clear that his charisma is infectious and guys clearly follow his lead. He's naturally a vocal leader. That's a very important trait for the QB position. The smartest move is to give Zaire the first crack. If he doesn't produce, then give Franks a shot. I think you hamper Franks' development if you start him against Michigan and end up pulling him from the game. He's a young QB and his psyche is more fragile than Zaire's would be at this stage.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I really think that you have to wait on at least 1/2 of this year before you rate Mac as a recruiter. One third of his playing recruits have not played a down yet, but a lot of them will play on more than special teams this year. Some will probably start.

... and how many of them were forced into playing too early because Messedchomp didn't recruit Offense decently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator