Favorite FSU-UF moments at the Swamp

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only Gators vs FSU game I attended ended with a 53 to 14 Gator victory in 1983.
This was a fun one. I remember turning their own chant back on the nolie fans
“F$&k the Seminoles, Seminoles f$&k you!”

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This was a fun one. I remember turning their own chant back on the nolie fans
“F$&k the Seminoles, Seminoles f$&k you!”
Good one, our group in section 53 used to have it......"we are azzholes, still azzholes, always be azzholes".

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I really meant to welcome comments about any favorite Noles-Gators matchup at the Swamp, not just the ones mentioned in the OP. Those were just a couple that came immediately to mind.
Oh, I guess we were supposed to actually read the actual thread title for the actual thread subject?!?!?!!?!
:blahblah2:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only Gators vs FSU game I attended ended with a 53 to 14 Gator victory in 1983.

You picked a good one. Pell's team was was on the rise.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I attended a few FSU games in the Swamp, was working the concessions in 91, but slipped out to see the goal line stand because it was so dead.

But as a single moment the 99 game, in the 3rd quarter Alexander had an int for a touchdown that put us ahead. Our section was all standing, jumping up and down cheering, then one person fell and it was like a domino effect. My head missed the cement tunnel wall by inch, while trying to make sure my girlfriend didn't hit the cement. But we were all so happy and excited, still giving high fives and cheering as we all got up.

Also I believe it was 1985, we were on probation but Kerwin Bell had a great game for the last game of the season. He had over 300 passing with 3 touchdowns, and he was on fire... Was a good game that I got to be with my dad.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I attended a few FSU games in the Swamp, was working the concessions in 91, but slipped out to see the goal line stand because it was so dead.

But as a single moment the 99 game, in the 3rd quarter Alexander had an int for a touchdown that put us ahead. Our section was all standing, jumping up and down cheering, then one person fell and it was like a domino effect. My head missed the cement tunnel wall by inch, while trying to make sure my girlfriend didn't hit the cement. But we were all so happy and excited, still giving high fives and cheering as we all got up.

Also I believe it was 1985, we were on probation but Kerwin Bell had a great game for the last game of the season. He had over 300 passing with 3 touchdowns, and he was on fire... Was a good game that I got to be with my dad.

Yep, ‘99 was a really good game. Similar to ‘97 but without the actual win. Remember the Dillards bags people brought and the chants of “Dillards” while Warrick was out to field a punt during the TV timeout? :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, ‘99 was a really good game. Similar to ‘97 but without the actual win. Remember the Dillards bags people brought and the chants of “Dillards” while Warrick was out to field a punt during the TV timeout? :lol:

I was trying to remember the store... fuching Dillards.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was trying to remember the store... fuching Dillards.

Either Bowden was already going brain dead, or the TV/refs did it in purpose. Felt like about 5 minutes PW just stood out there alone at the 30 getting mocked. Even our section of old alums were brutal.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sad that all we can celebrate are memories.
Sad Fun GIF by Quiz Meisters

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I do not think this one is going to become an instant classic! I hope I am completely wrong on this but all evidence points to a disappointing night in the Swamp, coupled with driving there and back in post Thanksgiving traffic.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite FSU-UF moment at the Swamp involves a day with Tom McEwan, late great sports editor of the Tampa Tribune. I was assigned to do a sidebar on the '87 game, a miserable loss that featured celebrating FSU players ripping pieces of sod from Florida Field. We drove up together for the game in his BMW 535is.

Afterward, he asked if I would drive back. Of course I said yes. It became apparent right away why he asked me to drive. He had me stop to buy a six-pack of tall-boy beers before we hopped on I-75 and headed south in the dark. We drank beer and talked about the game, our careers and life in general the entire way back. I was begging for a bathroom by the time we reached Tampa.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I was in Row 4 of the north end zone for the '97 game. It was insane. Players doing the Lambeau Leap into our seats at the end.

I was in Section 329, Row 1 for Tebow's last home game, 37-10. Nobody left early, it was a celebration to enjoy and absorb.
Tim was 17 of 21, 221 yds, 3 TDs + 15 rushes, 90 yds, 2 TDs
The entire team came to the band in that corner to celebrate. I remember the stadium playing "I Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas and Tebow taking a victory lap around the field high five-ing fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator