Feleipe Franks cut; immediately enters Bloomingdale's Executive Training Program

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Franks (undisclosed) was waived by Atlanta with an injury designation Thursday.

Franks appeared in 11 games for the Falcons last season and was working to earn a depth role in the team's tight-end corps during training camp. Assuming he is able to clear waivers, he'll revert to injured reserve and be forced to miss the 2023 campaign unless he reaches an injury settlement with the team.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Baby Giraffe GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He had some ugly moments here, but I liked Franks. If nothing else, we’ll always have the heave, against his coach’s wishes. But I appreciated his effort to adapt once Mullen changed the offense. Plus it wasn’t him that had Trask on the bench. Kid was always project and was just failed on every level by two coaching staffs. Still not a NFL QB, though, and it’s nearly impossible to change positions at that level. So none of this is surprising.

Last edited:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To this day he’s still the only player I’ve ever seen shush his own fans after a TD. That’s … well that’s something.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

"It was fun before he took the field.

Feleipe Franks was converted to tight end after he spent his entire rookie season playing his college position—quarterback. His size and speed made him an intriguing experiment. However, when we saw him finally take the field, it was ugly. He attempted to block and he committed a big penalty; he attempted to run routes and he fell over; and then he attempted to take a snap and run a read-option play and it resulted in negative yards."

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hope he still has his scooter that he used to tool around on on campus. He might need it to get to and from work when he starts flipping burgers.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I wish him the best, as I do for all Gator players. The Heave to Cleve will always be on my short list of favorite Gator football plays.

Edit: After posting this, I had to pull up a video of that play. Wow! (again!)

Thank you, Felipe! Screw the Vols!

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Absolutely agree.

How incredible is it that probably the three biggest passes by a UF QB post-Tebow have been by a Purdue transfer, and two guys who didn’t even finish their careers here. That’s a great snapshot of the past decade.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That gif of spurrier after Franks threw that inexplicable interception against Miami perfectly encapsulates almost every Gator fan’s feelings while watching this dude try and play football. 1000 horsepower, no steering wheel.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
How incredible is it that probably the three biggest passes by a UF QB post-Tebow have been by a Purdue transfer, and two guys who didn’t even finish their careers here. That’s a great snapshot of the past decade.

Spot on Sofla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator