Felipe Franks - "I'm going there to start."

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Franks is the anti-Grier. Comes from a good, grounded family. Wants to work hard to prove himself and has the confidence to believe he will do it. I'm looking forward to watching him play QB for the Gators.

I'm disappointed in Grier as much as anyone, but he arrived with the expectation to redshirt. That doesn't sound like spoiled and entitled to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thank goodness we got him. With Grier bailing on us after leaving us high and dry half way thru the season, we needed Franks worse than we knew at the time. Man I hope coach can find another QB in this class. We can't go through yet another season with ZERO back-ups actually capable of being the back-up.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No way he's going to be ready. We're effed next season.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Del Rio needs to ready.

Nothing can be worse than Treon. We'll be better and fortunately it's the cream part of the schedule. I feel bad for Mac. What a crappy hand to be dealt.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Love your optimism.

Love your optimism.

Okay, effed was probably too strong of a word. We're pinning our hopes on a relatively untested transfer and an incoming freshman. We'll win more than we lose, and maybe we'll vie for the SEC East, but I foresee consistency issues with that much uncertainty at QB. I'll bet you do, too.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Okay, effed was probably too strong of a word. We're pinning our hopes on a relatively untested transfer and an incoming freshman. We'll win more than we lose, and maybe we'll vie for the SEC East, but I foresee consistency issues with that much uncertainty at QB. I'll bet you do, too.

I'm not expecting a miracle season, but I'm not ready to predict Armageddon yet either. As someone else mentioned, nobody predicted Shane Matthews to light up the scoreboard in '90.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not expecting a miracle season, but I'm not ready to predict Armageddon yet either. As someone else mentioned, nobody predicted Shane Matthews to light up the scoreboard in '90.

I think we're saying the same thing but in different ways. Cheers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are going to have a much better OL next year, not dominant but maybe middle of the pack. That will help EVERYTHING.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are going to have a much better OL next year, not dominant but maybe middle of the pack. That will help EVERYTHING.

Yep it should be about an average SEC line next season which should help a lot and get us a better running game. Hopefully this kid is a quick learner and with the Spring under his belt can be a decent starter early in the season.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he hasn't already played his final down at QB, Treon will be finished after Michigan. He's done.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With what Coach has done this year, I'm not worried about next year... He'll expect to win them all and he'll have his team expecting that as well. A lot of times, the difference between a 2* and 5* stars performance level is between the ears in the buy-in and belief that they are great and will win.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he hasn't already played his final down at QB, Treon will be finished after Michigan. He's done.
Grier leaving muddies the water a bit. I hope Franks is ready in a hurry but most of the time early playing time for a QB inhibits or destroys their development.

Let's hope Del Rio is ready and talented enough.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Grier leaving muddies the water a bit. I hope Franks is ready in a hurry but most of the time early playing time for a QB inhibits or destroys their development.

Let's hope Del Rio is ready and talented enough.

Trask for Heisman..

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trask for Heisman..

Yeah, our options for next year are Treeoff Horrible, Luke Del Rio please save me-o, or one of the two true freshmen Ball Park Franks or Kyle Trash. We're winning the NC next year for sure with all those options!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah, our options for next year are Treeoff Horrible, Luke Del Rio please save me-o, or one of the two true freshmen Ball Park Franks or Kyle Trash. We're winning the NC next year for sure with all those options!

We bees fine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator