FILM ROOM: Bama Post-Mortem 1st half Offense

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n65051 said:
The Last Pumpers are embarrassing.

Law how is pumping, if I'm stating the issue isn't just Driskel, but the recievers and an offense that clearly isn't in sync. Muschamp has no excuse for the play we saw in Alabama, and after the offense how does a defensive guru explain 30 missed tackles? And the lack of adjustments in the second half on defense? We are focusing on one part of a much bigger cluster**** of a game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n65091 said:
Cap, do you think Furlands analysis is wrong. I was originally on JDs side but even if everybody else was doing their part we'd still be screwed, no?

If the recievers did their part Driskel still has his issues. And the defense still has theirs. There is no excuse for the first half of the last two games played by Driskel. The monday after the Alabama game one of Sas points were there is no excuse for the game Driskel had.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;65135 said:
Again didn't say it was just a reciever issue, just saying he wasn't the only issue. Horrific and inexcusible is how I described his play. Drops are drops and poor passes are poor passes. Each deserves there blame for their portion. Blaming Driskel for drops is like blaming the recievers for missing 30 tackles against Alabama.
No it's not. Receiving is just as much about rhythm as passing is. When your QB constantly short arms throws to you so you always have to adjust or stop to catch the ball it throws you off your natural athletic stride. Your biggest culprit of dropped balls is Dunbar. And he's always had the dropsies. Receivers in every level of play drop balls. Bama had its fair share of dropped balls as well. Do we need more talent at receiver? For sure. The Kentucky QB threw for nearly 400 yards on us and KY doesn't have better receivers than us.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;65141 said:
If the recievers did their part Driskel still has his issues. And the defense still has theirs. There is no excuse for the first half of the last two games played by Driskel. The monday after the Alabama game one of Sas points were there is no excuse for the game Driskel had.
Yep. No arguing that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n65140 said:
We are focusing on one part of a much bigger cluster**** of a game.
We'll see how the receivers look once JD (or JD and Chimp) is benched. I don't think much of Dunbar, Pittman or Debose as everyone knows.

I agree the safeties still suck. Chimp should fire the safeties coach.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;65140 said:
Law how is pumping, if I'm stating the issue isn't just Driskel, but the recievers and an offense that clearly isn't in sync. Muschamp has no excuse for the play we saw in Alabama, and after the offense how does a defensive guru explain 30 missed tackles? And the lack of adjustments in the second half on defense? We are focusing on one part of a much bigger cluster**** of a game.
Agree. Coaching has been a clusterfck. By the way, can we say now that the DC was promoted to DC way to quickly? Over his head and has no idea how to gameplan. He went from STs coach to LB coach to DC in about 3 years. Durkin can recruit but I think his defense for the last years has been pretty crappy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n65144 said:
No it's not. Receiving is just as much about rhythm as passing is. When your QB constantly short arms throws to you so you always have to adjust or stop to catch the ball it throws you off your natural athletic stride. Your biggest culprit of dropped balls is Dunbar. And he's always had the dropsies. Receivers in every level of play drop balls. Bama had its fair share of dropped balls as well. Do we need more talent at receiver? For sure. The Kentucky QB threw for nearly 400 yards on us and KY doesn't have better receivers than us.

The passing game is a rhythm game on both sides, so if one isn't connect or the other isn't catching their is an issue. When both are failing there is a bigger issue. But I guess one group gets a pass even when they are wide open and hits them in stride in the hands (i understand on some passes those have been rare). But they have a job to do as well. So basically Kentucky's receiver's coach is better, where is the fire Leak campaign should start. Because Kentucky is coach is getting more out of their talent then we are getting out of ours.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They need to put the receivers in a hallway with a tennis ball machine and shoot tennis balls at them until their hands start bleeding. If you can catch a tennis ball, you can catch a football. (kinda like if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n65149 said:
We'll see how the receivers look once JD (or JD and Chimp) is benched. I don't think much of Dunbar, Pittman or Debose as everyone knows.

So far we don't know, because the only other quarterback has thrown two passes against a high school defense. Other than two recievers on the roster who can we truly trust to make a dynamic catch?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Law98gator;n65149 said:

History has taught us that if SOS were coach we would know the answer to that question. He'd have yanked JD for Treon without a hesitation and we would know where the problem lies.

Well, actually since champ has not yanked JD isn't it glaring obvious the prob is champ?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n65162 said:
Other than two recievers on the roster who can we truly trust to make a dynamic catch?
:?: Bailey? Thompson? Worton? I dunno. But I know that we won't bench the offensive upperclassmen no matter how poorly they play apparently.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n65163 said:
History has taught us that if SOS were coach we would know the answer to that question. He'd have yanked JD for Treon without a hesitation and we would know where the problem lies.

Well, actually since champ has not yanked JD isn't it glaring obvious the prob is champ?

Or is the problem we haven't developed one of these guys to be in the game. We don't know, we don't have the evidence to support either side. Either way it is on the coaching.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;65164 said:
:?: Bailey? Thompson? Worton? I dunno. But I know that we won't bench the offensive upperclassmen no matter how poorly they play apparently.
To that point, how the fvk is Pittman starting?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n65184 said:
To that point, how the fvk is Pittman starting?

how does he have a scholarship he didn't do **** in highschool.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n65164 said:

My thoughts exactly.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I read through the list of plays that were on there and yes you can see even watching it live the mistakes made. I really feel that Roper's offense has not been utilized as what we've seen from the Duke games. Let's go back four years. Cheeseburger (we all know that), Pease (he had his issues as well), and now Roper at UF. As bad as things were at times could it have been all on the OC's?? I am beginning to think not. Then there is the one common denominator. Driskel. Mix that with WM's inept initiative to put in another QB and this is a perfect storm. It makes no sense. I think that Roper cannot fully implement what he wants simply becuase Driskel cannot produce when it matters. Looking at the list you can see the options that he had. Hate to say it and he's probably a great kid but he simply to this point cannot consistently produce on the field. Combine that with a HC, who is fighting for his job, doesn't have sense enough to know what to do. It's simple. With the film broke down such as this it should be evident to WM that something has to be done. I do not think he will put TH in the game Saturday only unless JD goes down, again. Which is a shame. It's one thing to lose a job when you've worked hard, but inexcusable when you've been stupid. I surely hope things get turned around, but if not time to move on.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n64935 said:
you're. Right wobble we should continue to let Driskel drop and throw 45 times a game. Stop acting like Arkansas doesn't look good this year or atleast improved

When did I ever say let Driskel throw it 45 times? I only said that we shouldn't try to emulate a team that hasn't won an SEC game since 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.