Final Four

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Loyola, Michigan, Villlanova and the Duke-Kansas survivor from the Midwest Regional final in progress.

You'll note I didn't put the dash-Chicago behind Loyola. No one from Chicago does. It is THE Loyola.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Loyola, Michigan, Villlanova and the Duke-Kansas survivor from the Midwest Regional final in progress.

You'll note I didn't put the dash-Chicago behind Loyola. No one from Chicago does. It is THE Loyola.
Every time I hear Loyola or Loyola-Chicago or THE Loyola, I think of Hank Gathers and Loyola Marymount.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't care less at this point, I just thank Christ FSU isn't in it. That was the last thing I cared about in this tournament.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get it. It's almost anticlimactic at this point. UNLESS Loyola pulls off yet another upset.

Trust me, there'll be lots of outside interest, even Gator interest, if Loyola makes the final.

Who faces who in the national semifinals, BTW?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who faces who in the national semifinals, BTW?
Loyola faces Michigan
Nova faces Kansas/Duke

I’d love to see Loyola win it all and think they’ve got a shot. Michigan’s defense isn’t any better than Loyola’s. I just don’t want Kansas or Duke to win it all.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Loyola has back to back championships if they win it all this year. In back-to-back centuries that is. Guess that Gator loss at home to the Ramblers doesn't look so sorry now.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
A championship game of Loyola (Jesuits) vs Villanova (Augustinian friars) would be interesting from a religious standpoint.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
A championship game of Loyola (Jesuits) vs Villanova (Augustinian friars) would be interesting from a religious standpoint.

And a disaster from a tv ratings standpoint. Network executives are probably resorting to prayer and fasting in hopes for a Michigan-Kansas final.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
And a disaster from a tv ratings standpoint. Network executives are probably resorting to prayer and fasting in hopes for a Michigan-Kansas final.
Not sure. Cinderella vs basketball juggernaut would be a good story line plus who wouldn't like to hear Sir Charles discuss the differences in monastic framework between Jesuits and Augustinians.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

The important thing isn’t how you or other Chicagoians refer to them. What matters is how InstiGATOR refers to them. I’m guessing Loyola-Chi IL or maybe LoyCNois. Whadda think? :lol:

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I couldn't care less at this point, I just thank Christ FSU isn't in it. That was the last thing I cared about in this tournament.
For me, not seeing Puke and their darling dou**e boy, Grayson Allen adding another FF appearance for their rat face coach.
At work, FSU fans become Puke hoops fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.