Final Four

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Not sure. Cinderella vs basketball juggernaut would be a good story line plus who wouldn't like to hear Sir Charles discuss the differences in monastic framework between Jesuits and Augustinians.

I believe TV ratings have traditionally supported the premise that fans like to see upsets in the early rounds but they prefer to see the big boys in the Final Four. Cinderella is an intriguing story for devoted fans but likely won't attract the fringe viewer who won't recognize the name. Kansas, Duke, MSU, Kentucky, Carolina usually turn out to be bigger ratings draws than Butler or George Mason.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I see it a little bit the opposite. I think a team like Loyola does bring in the fringe viewer. Especially Loyola being from a major metropolitan area.

I think these ratings could actually be very good.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Notice the curious lack of teams with big-name "one and done" types.
Love it. Bite me, Calipari.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This pretty well sums up how the rest of the college basketball world felt about the clowns getting beat .....

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27266-1385052218-5.gif

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I see it a little bit the opposite. I think a team like Loyola does bring in the fringe viewer. Especially Loyola being from a major metropolitan area.

I think these ratings could actually be very good.

As they say in the NFL...."upon further review".... I think you may be right and I may be wrong.

The 98 year old nun makes for a very compelling human interest story and that tends to draw both fans and non-fans. Loyola could end drawing a large number of viewers to the game if they make the Final. I still don't think a Loyola--Villanova final would pull big ratings but Loyola--Kansas might be well watched.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
With the assnoles gone I can watch the rest of it in peace.
I think we all agree on this. Turns out we have more final 8s in a row than they have total. They have one final four (loss to ucla but close) and we have five I think..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator