Founding Member
I think we end up picking up the following:

LB-Uche
WR-Stove- whoops, ignore this one
WR-Cleveland
DB-Fulton
DE-Burns
OL-Simpson

We lose Robinson, McWilliams, Nelson and possibly Wells.

Anybody want to sig bet on where our class ends up, let me know. I say we finish top 7.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We should finish high due to numbers but if we are not around top 10 average star wise and miss on a lot of top targets its hard not to be disappointed looking at prior 2nd year classes by new head coaches.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Please lose mcwilliams and wells so we can get better people on board

I trust this staff we been top 10 for a while now they'll close well just like last year~! :chomp:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We should finish high due to numbers but if we are not around top 10 average star wise and miss on a lot of top targets its hard not to be disappointed looking at prior 2nd year classes by new head coaches.

The list I posted would be huge and anyone that would complain about that is a moron (not saying you, just in general). Our average star ranking isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be to be honest.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we do pretty good... definitely think we finish top 10 at a minimum just because of quantity. I also think we probably get Dickerson. It sounds like he really enjoyed his visit this weekend.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/gators-commit-says-uf-made-big-push-for-uncommitted-linemen

Also... Rivals has an article with the title "Despite Georgia visit, Taylor still highly committed to Florida" - I don't have a premium account, but that sounds good.

One thing to keep in mind is that we get the last visit with a lot of these guys and that means a lot. The kids always post great stuff about a school when they are visiting because they are having fun, but getting the last visit is huge and gives you the last impression!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please lose mcwilliams and wells so we can get better people on board

I trust this staff we been top 10 for a while now they'll close well just like last year~! :chomp:

Wells had a pretty solid senior season. I'm not sure who replaces him right now.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think we do pretty good... definitely think we finish top 10 at a minimum just because of quantity. I also think we probably get Dickerson. It sounds like he really enjoyed his visit this weekend.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/gators-commit-says-uf-made-big-push-for-uncommitted-linemen

Also... Rivals has an article with the title "Despite Georgia visit, Taylor still highly committed to Florida" - I don't have a premium account, but that sounds good.

One thing to keep in mind is that we get the last visit with a lot of these guys and that means a lot. The kids always post great stuff about a school when they are visiting because they are having fun, but getting the last visit is huge and gives you the last impression!

Bingo. That's why it's stupid to get up in arms about every comment they make like some on here do

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is no reason not to have star power on defense, which we could potentially have if we close strong.

Offense is somewhat understandable. Like many have said, we haven't had a good offense since '08. Mac's first year was not high powered even with Grier. The OLine simply isn't there yet. However, we have a top 5 QB, two solid RB's, some solid WRs, some OL depth, and the chance to close with a couple top WRs, a TE, and some more OL AAs.

I don't think this is going to be a superstar class like Tebow, Spikes and Harvin. As I've said before this class is about adding a lot of contributors and quality depth. We could have some superstar defensive recruits, but that remains to be seen. We are filling needs tho.

I will say that I'm disappointed with the current momentum, and the recruiting at LB. How do you not hold on to a Miami LB when Shannon is recruiting him. Makes me think they are letting him go and fill with better prospects. Check that, I hope that is the case.

I'm hoping for a big day on NSD, but I can completely understand the critical posters here. There are some things that warrant the criticism

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
There is no reason not to have star power on defense, which we could potentially have if we close strong.

Offense is somewhat understandable. Like many have said, we haven't had a good offense since '08. Mac's first year was not high powered even with Grier. The OLine simply isn't there yet. However, we have a top 5 QB, two solid RB's, some solid WRs, some OL depth, and the chance to close with a couple top WRs, a TE, and some more OL AAs.

I don't think this is going to be a superstar class like Tebow, Spikes and Harvin. As I've said before this class is about adding a lot of contributors and quality depth. We could have some superstar defensive recruits, but that remains to be seen. We are filling needs tho.

I will say that I'm disappointed with the current momentum, and the recruiting at LB. How do you not hold on to a Miami LB when Shannon is recruiting him. Makes me think they are letting him go and fill with better prospects. Check that, I hope that is the case.

I'm hoping for a big day on NSD, but I can completely understand the critical posters here. There are some things that warrant the criticism

Critical? Sure. But the chicken littles are ridiculous. You'd think it's their first time following recruiting. A lot can change (and will change) between now and NSD.

The sig bet is still up for taking for whoever wants it...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Critical? Sure. But the chicken littles are ridiculous. You'd think it's their first time following recruiting. A lot can change (and will change) between now and NSD.

The sig bet is still up for taking for whoever wants it...
Not disagreeing, this crap gets worse every year. I hope the coaches run the $hit out of the prima donnas once they get on campus.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we end up picking up the following:

LB-Uche
WR-Stove
WR-Cleveland
DB-Fulton
DE-Burns
OL-Simpson

We lose Robinson, McWilliams, Nelson and possibly Wells.

Anybody want to sig bet on where our class ends up, let me know. I say we finish top 7.

For the most part I agree with this. I'm predicting at least a top 10 finish, possibly top 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Clayton just got his 5th star on rivals...looks like our star ranking just got a boost. I wonder if he is a better player now that he got his 5th star :scratchchin:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Clayton just got his 5th star on rivals...looks like our star ranking just got a boost. I wonder if he is a better player now that he got his 5th star :scratchchin:

Clayton has always been a top DE and many of us knew he would get his fifth star. I think if we get Fulton, load off a couple of these DBs and get three solid linebackers in this class, we'll be OK.

We still need one to two more O-lineman and 1 to 2 big-time receivers. I would like Eubanks to be one of those receivers even though he's a TE. If possible, I hope we get NCM or Cleveland. I think Cleveland could be a terror in Mac's offense.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

He only weighs in at 218. Unless he Griers it, he will have to move to LB to get on the field anytime soon(which might be ideal). The guy has talent no doubt but he's a major tweener at DE. But I'm sure your response will be something to the effect of..."I trust coach Mac will know what to do with him and I trust our staff that they are doing everything right 100% of the time. They know more about football than you."

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He only weighs in at 218. Unless he Griers it, he will have to move to LB to get on the field anytime soon(which might be ideal). The guy has talent no doubt but he's a major tweener at DE. But I'm sure your response will be something to the effect of..."I trust coach Mac will know what to do with him and I trust our staff that they are doing everything right 100% of the time. They know more about football than you."

I trust the weight training coach and the nutrition staff they have in place. They know more about weight gain and nutrition than you do.

You were close though.

In all seriousness I'm not worried about his weight. Look at McCalister, our most prolific edge rusher. He has time to fill out. But hey if you want to always find the negative in everything have at it

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

He's a bit light in the azz. But I think he'll actually get some time on the field as a freshman. He's hellish quick and absolutely throttled the #1 OT at the All-Star camp.

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I have seen several young lightweight DEs come in the SEC over the last several years and cause havoc. The nice thing about our D line is that it's deep and talented. That means that we could redshirt him if we needed to or we could put him in situationally. I think we will use him situationally. And I think he'll be a monster.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's basically between us and FSU for Burns. Clayton and Burns in this class would be absolutely sick.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I trust the weight training coach and the nutrition staff they have in place. They know more about weight gain and nutrition than you do.

You were close though.

In all seriousness I'm not worried about his weight. Look at McCalister, our most prolific edge rusher. He has time to fill out. But hey if you want to always find the negative in everything have at it

It is a shame people can't have a normal discourse about recruiting...hell about anything without making it personal.

We need studs everywhere so I will take em however we can get them. We need top end talent...skinny, fat, stupid, smart...I'll take em all.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It is a shame people can't have a normal discourse about recruiting...hell about anything without making it personal.

We need studs everywhere so I will take em however we can get them. We need top end talent...skinny, fat, stupid, smart...I'll take em all.

Lol wasn't trying to offend you in any way. Just thought you were looking at the glass half empty side. My bad bro

I agree with you on the talent part. I think we get it too

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.