Fire Mullen at halftime! Team celebrates like they won the NC

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ill believe it when it happens; on paper we're better than FSU and Mizzou so if he wins 1 or 2, he's going to be here next year and we all get to enjoy another season of EJ and the QB draw

Well, again, I'm not saying it's a lock. But even by your own words he's in trouble if he drops both games. When that's the case, it means that the idea is being explored. That discussion, according to numerous sources, is happening. I don't know that we lose both games, or either game, personally. And I'm not sure it matters. The national embarrassment is increasing each week, whether based on his words, the performances, celebrations, etc. We are the laughingstock of college football at the moment. I don't share the view that the UAA is ok with that. We'll see.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
He deserves to be gone. He was giddy his offensive genius scored 70 on Samford, never mind they scored 52 on his team. All he’s ever cared about is himself and being the BMOC in his own circle of friends.

Does anyone think Dan Mullen has any reach or rapport in coaching circles that he can pick up the phone and get recommendations for assistant coaches? JULES.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
0-2 = definitely gone
2-0 = another year
1-1 = coin flip
Blowout loss in any game = gone
Blowout win/close loss = another year

I have a bad feeling the above is what will play out.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
On a serious note, why should the next 2 game results really matter? How can anyone say things will turn in a 2 game meaningless span? Cousin Eddie is Cousin Eddie and will always be Cousin Eddie. Great another year on coaching probation and no asst. coach will come here, not even a bad one. 2 games won;t change the cancer that permeates throughout the entire organization.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ill believe it when it happens; on paper we're better than FSU and Mizzou so if he wins 1 or 2, he's going to be here next year and we all get to enjoy another season of EJ and the QB draw
"On paper" means nothing if the team doesn't want to play. Personally I think we're going to lose BOTH games, and FSU may run up the damn score.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but Dan had an eerily similar game against Samford in 2016 at Miss State. He was in the middle of a terrible year, was 2-5 and had lost 3 straight games heading into Samford. He ended up winning 56-41, gave up over 620 yard of O, but his QB (Fitzgerald) had a record day scoring 7 TDs tieing the alltime Miss St. single game TD record. So that's two games against Samford giving up over 1,100 yards and 93 points. I doubt our performance Sat was a coincidence. It played out exactly as he wanted. EJ got his record. Just got away from Danny Boy a little more than he expected.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
On a serious note, why should the next 2 game results really matter? How can anyone say things will turn in a 2 game meaningless span? Cousin Eddie is Cousin Eddie and will always be Cousin Eddie. Great another year on coaching probation and no asst. coach will come here, not even a bad one. 2 games won;t change the cancer that permeates throughout the entire organization.

Serious answer: just because they have money, power and influence foes not mean they're particularly bright when it comes to football. You could argue that they too are a step behind the average fans who've been cooling on things for years and predicting that the recruiting complacency would eventually catch up to us. I have a Bull in my family and I know far more about the state of things than he does. Far more. Many of the Bulls may be unhappy, but I'm not totally shocked to hear that two wins may change some of their thoughts on the trajectory of things, especially with one of them having fsu on their jerseys. It really shouldn't be that hard. If at the beginning of the year(year 4), they wouldn't have been ok with a 7-5/6-6 type prediction, which none of them would, then it shouldn't matter if we're fortunate enough to stumble to wins the next two weeks against non-bowl eligible teams to get to that record. It's why there is some risk that they pull a 2013-2014 and extend the bleeding needlessly for one more year. I don't see it, but it's not out of the question. They typically just don't get it.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Serious answer: just because they have money, power and influence foes not mean they're particularly bright when it comes to football. You could argue that they too are a step behind the average fans who've been cooling on things for years and predicting that the recruiting complacency would eventually catch up to us. I have a Bull in my family and I know far more about the state of things than he does. Far more. Many of the Bulls may be unhappy, but I'm not totally shocked to hear that two wins may change some of their thoughts on the trajectory of things, especially with one of them having fsu on their jerseys. It really shouldn't be that hard. If at the beginning of the year(year 4), they wouldn't have been ok with a 7-5/6-6 type prediction, which none of them would, then it shouldn't matter if we're fortunate enough to stumble to wins the next two weeks against non-bowl eligible teams to get to that record. It's why there is some risk that they pull a 2013-2014 and extend the bleeding needlessly for one more year. I don't see it, but it's not out of the question. They typically just don't get it.
Wanna know who DID get it?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have no problem with the players dancing after their first victory in over a month.

I have a problem with our coach acting like it was a big win. We have seen coaches like Saban after a game like that, and they are pissed. Spurrier would btch about the teams performance after a win like this. But both in the postgame and Monday press conferences Mullen is happy and excited about it.

This comes down to the worse aspect for me, for a man to likes to brag about how much he is a competitor, he isn't. He likes winning more than he hates losing. A true competitor hates losing vastly more than he likes winning.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A true competitor hates losing vastly more than he likes winning.
You know, i never really thought about this enough to enshrine it in a statement like you have, but the more i think about it, the more im convinced this is a universal truth.

I was extremely competitive growing up through gradeschool and into college. Played a variety of sports and would outwork and out hustle anyone i came in contact with on a sports field. I made myself one of the fastest SOBs you would ever meet and was one of the best players on the team no matter what sport season it was. I won a crap ton more than i ever lost, but winning was never truly satisfying. I still felt hungry and unfulfilled after a win, even against a really good team, but man... when we lost. I hated it with everything in my being.

I still remember virtually every loss I ever suffered in baseball, basketball, football, and yes, even soccer (no homo). I can describe to you the circumstances, the score, the events leading up to the loss, how i played, how my teammates did, what the other team did, etc.

I couldnt tell you the first thing about the wins, other than maybe the score and a few plays i made. The wins didnt matter. The losses meant EVERYTHING, still do, and I'll remember them and stew about them for the rest of my life.

That's the type of mentality we need as an HC. It's probably also why I'm so negative and been so unsatisfied since Urban left. He and Spurrier were winners. We haven't had a single one since. Players can celebrate a win, coaches need to remain unsatisfied and hungry for more. If we ever hire another coach whos dancing with the players in the locker room after a game, and its the not the national championship that was just played, you might as well fire that worthless pile right then and there, because he's a loser. Period.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have no problem with the players dancing after their first victory in over a month.

I have a problem with our coach acting like it was a big win. We have seen coaches like Saban after a game like that, and they are pissed. Spurrier would btch about the teams performance after a win like this. But both in the postgame and Monday press conferences Mullen is happy and excited about it.

This comes down to the worse aspect for me, for a man to likes to brag about how much he is a competitor, he isn't. He likes winning more than he hates losing. A true competitor hates losing vastly more than he likes winning.
He’s just trying to not lose the team. I think he already has but he’s oblivious to reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator