Fire Mullens sorry ass now; leave him in Jax with no ride home

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
that tells me that Dicklin’s guy was always Mullen
Yay
Two weeks before the announce Spurrier, as of speculating, said he thinks our next coach is probably busy coaching his team- it was bowl season, or almost. Mullen’s name had not come up really. The interviews were undercover. The other guys were never offered I don’t believe.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Two weeks before the announce Spurrier, as of speculating, said he thinks our next coach is probably busy coaching his team- it was bowl season, or almost. Mullen’s name had not come up really. The interviews were undercover. The other guys were never offered I don’t believe.
sure. we flew to NH just to see the leaves.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It’s possible Kelly wasn’t formally offered after verbal agreements couldn’t be reached. To act now like Kelly would not have been the HC if he wanted to be is laughable.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It’s possible Kelly wasn’t formally offered after verbal agreements couldn’t be reached. To act now like Kelly would not have been the HC if he wanted to be is laughable.
Or he could be lying. He was very comfortable saying florida never offered. I can talk to you all day long and we can bounce "what ifs" and "depending ons" and "perhaps, ifs" all day long and not make a deal. It's all conjecture on our part. And you have to admit, it looks like they were talking to potential coaches, feeling it out, but behind the scenes thought mullen was their man all along. I would be shocked if they were not in contact with him from the beginning because of the connection our AD and he had.

As to flying around the country in a jet with cameras, media and fans tuned in, that's just part of the game. They were having a big time.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
...And you have to admit, it looks like they were talking to potential coaches, feeling it out, but behind the scenes thought mullen was their man all along. I would be shocked if they were not in contact with him from the beginning because of the connection our AD and he had.

As to flying around the country in a jet with cameras, media and fans tuned in, that's just part of the game. They were having a big time.
If Stricknine hired his loser MSU buddy without first attempting to get Kelly, who clearly was the superior coach and fan favorite, he would have been criticized endlessly. He had to appear to go after him in order to hire his fallback coach who he had planned on hiring all along. So obvious. Especially with Coach Kelly saying he was never even offered the florida job.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
If Stricknine hired his loser MSU buddy without first attempting to get Kelly, who clearly was the superior coach and fan favorite, he would have been criticized endlessly. He had to appear to go after him in order to hire his fallback coach who he had planned on hiring all along. So obvious. Especially with Coach Kelly saying he was never even offered the florida job.
It would be one thing if he said "we never reached an agreement", but to me he seemed honest and candid, no offer was made- and it wasn't even close. Our Admin was traveling with at least one attorney. Knowing what the goal was, to keep Kelly in their back pocket, I am confident they knew how far not to go and what not to say to imply a deal was being made.

I will say we might see the same recruiting woes under chip kelly as with mullen. UCLA recruiting has been poor. If a HC is not committed the staff will not be. It's hard work. That said, it really is funny that with a very mediocre roster they were able to beat a far superior roster in LSU. It turns things upside down.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I hope your business isn't based on your ability to assess situations.
Once again you fail to admit you are on the wrong side of history. Chip Kelly is trying to educate you but it's no use.

I challenge you to present a source more knowledgeable on the subject who offers a POV similar to yours, published, on the record, in writing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Once again you fail to admit you are on the wrong side of history..
You clearly don' thave a fuchsing clue how these negotiations go. It starts with minions calling the agents saying how much is X, how much is Y etc.

You also can't be fuchsing stupid enough to believe we worked on offer sheets back and forth for a week then flew a jet with all the AADs, one of the senior attorneys and a few others, just to check into whether he was interested or not. They fully expected to fly home with him and ended up looking stupid, probably because he changed his mind and decided living in LA was cooler.

The truth is there probably was no formal final written offer, just tentative offer and counteroffers just like in any other major written contract, so he may not be TECHNICALLY lying, but he'd get hit with a perjury charge in court for testifying like that if he didn't tell the whole truth.

Now shut your blowhole before we send you to clown land for soundling like one.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
Who can we hire?? Who f'n cares about what shoulda, coulda or woulda happened! We are here now as much as it sucks to be again and we need new a better where ever and who ever that is. I have never really liked Lane.K but wow he'd have to be a better coach than D.Mulligan and look at what he's done with our we don't want you now QB. So there's a name for you to chew on and say what you will but atleast we'll be talking about moving forward and not a bunch of he said old crap that means absolutely nothing today!
Your move

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You clearly don' thave a fuchsing clue how these negotiations go. It starts with minions calling the agents saying how much is X, how much is Y etc.

You also can't be fuchsing stupid enough to believe we worked on offer sheets back and forth for a week then flew a jet with all the AADs, one of the senior attorneys and a few others, just to check into whether he was interested or not. They fully expected to fly home with him and ended up looking stupid, probably because he changed his mind and decided living in LA was cooler.

The truth is there probably was no formal final written offer, just tentative offer and counteroffers just like in any other major written contract, so he may not be TECHNICALLY lying, but he'd get hit with a perjury charge in court for testifying like that if he didn't tell the whole truth.

Now shut your blowhole before we send you to clown land for soundling like one.
Blah blah blah… you have no idea. One of us has proof, the other speculation. You lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator